It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

update for kinect?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
my son was given the kinect for christmas, and after sitting in bestbuy for like an hour watching him bowl on it, i had to try it... and it's pretty fun... but the point of this thread, i couldn't find one elsewhere, and after endless google searches resulting in nothing, i figured that if anyone could help me, it would have to be ATS...

so my question is this... i do not have internet access at my house... i recently purchased need for speed hot pursuit and there was an update on it that changed my dashboard and added a kinect page... we hooked up the kinect and of course you have to be able to get online to update the xbox 360 elite for it... which i cannot do... does anyone know where i can possibly download it onto like a flash drive or something?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by schitzoandro

If you go here to the Microsoft/ X Box website about mid way down on the page it shows you how to download the update to a flash drive.

It even has instructions on how to save it to a disc, that option may be easier. I will let you make the choice that works better for you.

Good luck.
edit on 27-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: add to post

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
You could also just call 1-800-4MY-XBOX. Tell them you want an update disc. It's is usually free. Then you just load the disc into your disc drive and viola.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
thank you both very much for your input. i actually have the xbox elite, and after waiting a week to see what i needed to do to get the update... don't you know, of course i hooked up my kinect to my xbox and it ran just like that, no need for the internet!!

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by UNKNOWNJAVA

Ms and free do not mix.

new topics

top topics

join