It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA - WW2 War crimes never addressed and held accountable!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsPissed
reply to post by Skippy1138

The point was besides Pearl Harbor.

Sigh.
Oh OK- so Pearl Harbor doesn't "count"...
Fine

Japan's Atrocities Against Filipino Civilians Thousands of Innocent Men, Women and Children Were Killed in WW II Dec 2, 2008 Lee Bergee Not many people are aware of the brutal atrocities waged upon people in the Philippines during World War II. You could fill many books with the full account of the massacre of Filipinos by the Japanese occupation troops. Document No. 2726 at the War Crimes Trial in Tokyo, Japan, contains 14, 618 pages of sworn affidavits from various eyewitnesses and victims. Each witness described a brutal atrocity committed by the Japanese. The Sons of the Rising Sun were brutal with acts of unbelievable savagery. Read more at Suite101: Japan's Atrocities Against Filipino Civilians: Thousands of Innocent Men, Women and Children Were Killed in WW II www.suite101.com...

www.suite101.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138

The point was besides Pearl Harbor.

Sigh.
Oh OK- so Pearl Harbor doesn't "count"...
Fine

Japan's Atrocities Against Filipino Civilians Thousands of Innocent Men, Women and Children Were Killed in WW II Dec 2, 2008 Lee Bergee Not many people are aware of the brutal atrocities waged upon people in the Philippines during World War II. You could fill many books with the full account of the massacre of Filipinos by the Japanese occupation troops. Document No. 2726 at the War Crimes Trial in Tokyo, Japan, contains 14, 618 pages of sworn affidavits from various eyewitnesses and victims. Each witness described a brutal atrocity committed by the Japanese. The Sons of the Rising Sun were brutal with acts of unbelievable savagery. Read more at Suite101: Japan's Atrocities Against Filipino Civilians: Thousands of Innocent Men, Women and Children Were Killed in WW II www.suite101.com...

www.suite101.com...

Nice work my friend!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by pinchanze

.... Was america in china killing millions of people during the 1930's? ......

Only 2 countries didn't receive War Reparations from Japan after World War II.
-China
-Guam

Who kept them from getting War Reparations from Japan? Do you even know why China's Military Commanders state they want to bomb US Cities?

By moving manufacturing to China those silly Chinamen think they are making lots of money from us and the world. When in fact now they are scratching their heads trying to figure out why they have a diabetes/obesity epidemic.

We're poisoning them, their land, their water.....they've just now figured out they've been duped and they really didn't make any money when we had them manufacture everything. How many hundreds of millions of chinese will we have killed from moving manufacturing to China? From the pollution.

Now they have +$2 Trillion in US investments and we don't want to give them what we owe them...we're forcing them to value their currency higher so they'll take a loss...and will have died/polluted their country for nothing.

Millions of Americans and Chinese will soon die over trying to pry Taiwan from China. Cities in both countries will be turned into glass bowls.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
"Did America go into Nanking and massacre 200,000 men, women and children in a matter of weeks"?

Nope.. they killed hundreds of thousands in a matter of minutes.

The bombs dropped on Japan has been filmed,documented and is common knowledge.I'm not saying the massacre didn't happen,but can you prove that it did?

I

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by redhorse

Yes you won - good for you... and at what cost? Do you think there could have been a better way?

Was it worth it? Using a Nuclear Bomb? Was it worth it? It all comes down to persepctive, what if your family had been there? Look i cant say i know what its like or how they felt. But if it had been me, id still be angry, the first and only ever country to have a Nuclear Weapons used and actually tested on them? Yes great it ended the war but once i again i ask at what cost?

It was a sad day for humanity
edit on 27-12-2010 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

Oh please stop with the political correctness.

The Japanese were developing WMDs themselves in WWII. But BIO based, not atomic.
They experimented on THOUSANDS of people with weaponized plaques. They poisoned entire Chinese villages to test their weapon's effectiveness.The only reason Japan didn't use them is because they could not develop an effective delivery system to hit the US. And If they could have, they would have hit the used it.

It's war, and in war it's KILL or BE KILLED. A country or a people will do everything by any means necessary to insure it's survival. Politics and political correctness goes out the window the second the first bullet goes whizzing by your head. Just ask any veteran of any nation who's seen combat.

Here, read up on the Japanese secret Unit 516 before you try to guilt us.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

The only positive that seems to have come out of that chapter of WWII is that the world saw how horrible atomic based weapons are and hopefully that lesson will never be forgotten.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

"Did America go into Nanking and massacre 200,000 men, women and children in a matter of weeks"?

The bombs dropped on Japan has been filmed,documented and is common knowledge.I'm not saying the massacre didn't happen,but can you prove that it did?

I
You mean like Japanese newspaper accounts of the competition between two Japanese officers to see who could decapitate the most Chinese (civilians included)?

Wiki

If you don't believe wiki, google it yourself. It IS documented.

The crew members of the American B-29 bombers didn't do the things like the Japanese did in Nanking. The Japanese posed heads of civilians they decapitated with cigarettes between the lips and photographed them for FUN.

This from one of the officers involved.

Other soldiers and historians have noted the unlikelihood of the lieutenants' alleged heroics, supposedly killing enemy after enemy in fierce hand-to-hand combat.[7] Noda himself, on returning to his hometown, admitted during a speech, Actually, I didn't kill more than four or five people in hand-to hand combat... We'd face an enemy trench that we'd captured, and when we called out, 'Ni, Lai-Lai!' (You, come on!), the Chinese soldiers were so stupid, they'd rush toward us all at once. Then we'd line them up and cut them down, from one end of the line to the other.[8]

edit on 29-12-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
"It's war, and in war it's KILL or BE KILLED. A country or a people will do everything by any means necessary to insure it's survival. Politics and political correctness goes out the window the second the first bullet goes whizzing by your head. Just ask any veteran of any nation who's seen combat".

Why can't they just come out and say that?They could use that excuse for everything.

I understand it's kill or be killed but if you're the one starting these wars how would that apply then?If you didn't start a war there wouldn't be a kill or be killed situation.I'm not saying what the Japanese did is right but you can't tell me killing hundreds of thousands in minutes is the right thing to do.Whether they dropped warnings or not hundreds of thousands of people were killed.

America won't be remember for killing hundreds of thousands in 1945 because apparently they had a reason to..but the Arabs will be remembered for killing 3000 on 9/11..even though I'm sure they had their reasons.

Both had their reasons for doing what they did.Yet only the Arabs are considered terrorists?Hundreds of thousands compared to 3000.

"They did it for survival".

Yeah because killing people insures your survival(yes that was sarcasm).

Now I can see if they were starving and had to kill to live but it wasn't like that,so why say it?You're telling me they did it so they wouldn't invade and end up killing more people in the long run...like you could predict the outcome...please.

The whole point to this thread is were the bombs dropped on Japan necessary,and should that be considered war crimes?

And I don't think "we did it for survival" would be the best answer in a court room.How can you justify killing hundreds of thousands of people by saying you THINK they would have invaded and caused more deaths in the long run?That's the weakest excuse I've ever heard.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

You forgot to add the other parts to that story you linked me to.

"Other soldiers and historians have noted the unlikelihood of the lieutenants' alleged heroics".

And

"Over the following years several authors argued the case over whether the Nanking Massacre even occurred, with viewpoints on the subject also being a predictor for whether they believed the contest was a fabrication".

And

In 2000, Bob Wakabayashi wrote that "the killing contest itself was a fabrication", but the controversy it created "increased the Japanese people's knowledge of the Atrocity and raised their awareness of being victimizers in a war of imperialist aggression despite efforts to the contrary by conservative revisionists." Joshua Fogel has stated that to accept the newspaper account "as true and accurate requires a leap of faith that no balanced historian can make".

And you forgot to add that Japan and China were already in War and had been warring for 50 years at the time.So even if the massacre did happen it was because of war.

And did you ever think that maybe the Arabs were already at war with America when they supposedly attacked on 9/11?

Any way I'm out for now..peace.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

"Other soldiers and historians have noted the unlikelihood of the lieutenants' alleged heroics".

I didn't forget, read my post again. You could be honest and put the whole quote.....

Other soldiers and historians have noted the unlikelihood of the lieutenants' alleged heroics, supposedly killing enemy after enemy in fierce hand-to-hand combat.[7] Noda himself, on returning to his hometown, admitted during a speech, Actually, I didn't kill more than four or five people in hand-to hand combat... We'd face an enemy trench that we'd captured, and when we called out, 'Ni, Lai-Lai!' (You, come on!), the Chinese soldiers were so stupid, they'd rush toward us all at once. Then we'd line them up and cut them down, from one end of the line to the other.[8]

Like I said, google it, and read the whole story. Stop cherrypicking.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

"Over the following years several authors argued the case over whether the Nanking Massacre even occurred, with viewpoints on the subject also being a predictor for whether they believed the contest was a fabrication".

On this one, you forgot to mention that the several authors are mostly Japanese, trying to do a little revisionist history.

I suppose you think the Holocaust didn't happen either?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

And you forgot to add that Japan and China were already in War and had been warring for 50 years at the time.So even if the massacre did happen it was because of war.
I will tell you again, read up.

Is it okay to rape women and kill them when you are finished, just because you have been at war for 50 years?

BTW: The first Sino-Japanese war ended in 1895, the second started in 1937. Looks like 41 years of peace thrown in with the 9 years of war.

First Sino-Japanese War

Second Sino-Japanese War

edit on 29-12-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Any way I'm out for now..peace.
Peace to you also.

The Japanese, like all parties in any war, were not guiltless.

Salaam Aleikum.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Your govt might have won, I don't think any man won that day.

And what about all the nazi's who escaped war crimes because the American govt had some use for them?
It does seam a bit unfair that some of the most evil people from that time got away with no punishment while civilians all over the world died.

edit on 29-12-2010 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

If half of us where around during the attack on peral harbour we would probably be yelling foul play, like 911.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Hey GIP!

ER...UH...you want to rephrase that question again? You said:"I'm not saying the massacre didn't happen,but can you prove that it did?" Are you like,14yrs old or something? What are you saying?

I

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty

Your govt might have won, I don't think any man won that day.

And what about all the nazi's who escaped war crimes because the American govt had some use for them?
It does seam a bit unfair that some of the most evil people from that time got away with no punishment while civilians all over the world died.

edit on 29-12-2010 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

We thought it was a bit unfair that your Neville Chamberlain got us into that mess in the first place by signing the Munich Pact. Now lets talk about being unfair. If your peeps would of been a little proactive I would of had the chance to of met my uncle. Thats ok,we saved the lot of ya. Good afternoon there. Peace

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pinchanze

I lost relatives in that war too, Why would you think I side with my govt past or present?
They are just as bad as yours, Probably worse tbh.(definitely worse if you go back thurther into history)

I wonder how many of your politicians children or relatives died in that war? Same with ours?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
reply to post by pinchanze

I lost relatives in that war too, Why would you think I side with my govt past or present?
They are just as bad as yours, Probably worse tbh.(definitely worse if you go back thurther into history)

I wonder how many of your politicians children or relatives died in that war? Same with ours?
Star on that last line.

A very good point.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst

Originally posted by Havick007

Yes you won - good for you... and at what cost? Do you think there could have been a better way?
Was it worth it? Using a Nuclear Bomb? Was it worth it? It all comes down to persepctive, what if your family had been there? Look i cant say i know what its like or how they felt. But if it had been me, id still be angry, the first and only ever country to have a Nuclear Weapons used and actually tested on them? Yes great it ended the war but once i again i ask at what cost?
It was a sad day for humanity

Oh please stop with the political correctness.

The Japanese were developing WMDs themselves in WWII. But BIO based, not atomic.

You're half right. The Japanese were developing both bio weapons and atomic weapons. It's well known that
both the Imperial Navy and the Imperial Army had active nuclear bomb programs. Nothing like a little 'tween forces competition, eh?
Japanese atomic weapons program

They experimented on THOUSANDS of people with weaponized plaques. They poisoned entire Chinese villages to test their weapon's effectiveness.The only reason Japan didn't use them is because they could not develop an effective delivery system to hit the US. And If they could have, they would have hit the used it.

The "would have if they could have" also goes for atomics.

I believe a surrender could have been negotiated with Japan at that stage without dropping nukes and without invading.
However I do not see Japan as having any moral superiority to America. I simply wish for the countries on "my" side to be as moral as possible, irrespective of the other side's morality.

America had motives other than crushing Japan in dropping these nukes. One was to test and compare the two different types, and the other was to demonstrate to Russia that America had nukes and was not afraid to use them.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

lol no hate bro but you're being a hypocrite.You tell me not to cherry pick yet you cherry picked and left out important information.

The information I left out wasn't important.

The fact remains that no one is sure whether or not the massacre even happened.Which is documented in the link you gave me.Everybody knows the "massacre" in Japan happened because it was video taped.Yeah they like to record their "massacres".

And why do they keep calling it a massacre?I mean I know it's a massacre.Isn't the dropping bombs on Japan killing hundreds of thousands of people considered a massacre?But they don't call it the Japan massacre.Do you know why?Because they don't want you thinking dropping bombs on Japan killing hundreds of thousands is a massacre..because it would make America look bad.

I mean if we went around killing everybody who's killed people..everybody would be killing people.The cycle would never end.

It's like say a person runs over someone with their car by accident say,and kills the person..now say a family member gets mad and kills the driver..then the driver's brother gets mad and kills the guy..and so on.War goes on for years and nobody would even know it was an accident after a while.

But like someone said all the people that would have been involved are probably dead now so it's kind of pointless.You can't blame the people that are running America now..9/11 on the other hand can still be investigated heck even the JFK assassination can be investigated still.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join