It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA - WW2 War crimes never addressed and held accountable!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
is that the USa was never held accountable for the use of nuclear weapons on a nation and 2 cities!

Why should they have been held accountable? they were valid military targets, so stop whining and accept reality.

I have been asking over and over, do you think there could have been a better way

And you have been told several times there was not, the bombing saved a huge number of lives, both allied and japanese.

They knew it and still dropped the bomb. That disregrad for fellow human lives is what is wrong with this world still to this day.

As they should have. You ignore the fact that the bombs saved lives, as it does not fit with your hatred for the USA.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
"Dropping the bomb on Japan saved more lives".

What are you smoking?

Over 500 thousand people died because of those bombs.That's about what..1200 9/11's?

And the word is that America started the war.And they knew where the Japanese army was and that they were attacking but did nothing!

They let it happen.Why?So they could use their bombs.They didn't make them for nothing.Does that make them terrorists?

If the Arabs actually did 9/11 like the government says then I bet they had good reasons.The American army has been attacking Afghanistan for years,since the 80's.

And don't hand me that crap that they hate our freedoms and all that crap.Now don't get me wrong I'm sure some do hate our way of living,but the Bin Ladens and the Bush family have been friends for YEARS.Look it up.The Bin Ladens helped the Bush's with their first oil venture.

And who's funding "terrorists" anyway?They would have to be pretty rich to be able to pull off something as big as 9/11.And notice there hasn't been any more attacks on American soil lately?Did the "terrorists" retire?

There was that underwear bomber though.How do they go from something as big as 9/11 to 1 guy with an underwear bomb?And he screwed it up lol!Talk about a step down.They're just not trying anymore.

If the "terrorists" hated America like the say they do..and there's suppose to be all these "terrorists" cells all over the world..then they would be attacking America every chance they got.

Besides 9/11,when have you actually seen a suicide bomber in America?I mean there are ALL these supposed terrorists yet no one is attacking???

9/11 happened,they got their war,they got their patriot act and that's why you haven't seen or heard about anymore terrorists attacks in America.

Wake up!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
They developed the bomb, they needed to test it on a population to see the effect.

Was it wrong? Too bloody right

Did it end the war quickly? yes

Did they use them again? no (Vietnam could have easily gone up in a flash)

At the end of the day, it was over 50 years ago, anyone responsible will either be dead or nearing the end of their lives.

The US government doesn't need to apologise, I'm sure it is fully aware of the inhuman madness of nuking civilians. I'm sure it won't happen again.

Learn from history's mistakes.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Can someone please explain how killing saves lives?

You would have to be retarded..no even retarded people know better..you would have to be stupid to think killing saves lives.

Wouldn't the better way to save lives be..you know..to let people live?Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.They don't know how long the war "could" have lasted,and it's ignorant to think so.Who do you think started the whole war in the first place?Why do you think Japan attacked pearl harbor?Do you think they did it for no reason?Use your brain!If you do some research you will see the US has been involved in most if not all the wars that have taken place over the years.Talk about not minding your own business.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
First, as much of some hippies might not want it , sometimes its inevitabe. In the end WE, are country and people are more important and must be defended before anyothers. If it takes as a last resort to bomb the hell outa of a country so they get the point then ok. If it means in the end YOU or our country will survive then so be, survival of the fittest in the end. Also,they tried diplomacy, a lot more experienced and smarter think tanks of people sat around discussing the best move , so no one else can point fingers, they made a tough decision, its called delegation of authority, and to people who have no leadership experience you wouldnt know.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Sigh.
Last time I checked, people committing "war crimes" don't drop leaflets ahead of time telling the civilian population to leave immediately for their own safety:

Hiroshima & Nagasaki... Did you know the US dropped millions of leaflets telling civilians to leave? The US Army Air Force dropped tens-of-millions leaflets on BOTH Hiroshima AND Nagasaki over a period of weeks BEFORE the atomic bombs were dropped. Here's a picture of what they dropped.... www.cia.gov...… The leaflets warned the civilian population to evacuate the cities of face near certain death.

answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

If you kill all of them first the war will not keep going, thus less lives will be killed. Easypeasy.
and guess what thats usually not americas choice, other countries are the extremists you cannot talk to or have diplomacy, they only want to kill U. try talkin to a al quieda. Japan sided with Germany they did a sneak attack, their dead civilians can thank their government.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Saved more of OUR LIVES, get it together..thats all that matters in the end,survival of the fittest. Tell the japan civilians that died they can thank their goverment for sneak attacking america and tryin to take over..

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by marsoc

What makes you think Japan was responsible?Because your government told you so?

When have you heard of Japan attacking another country?Who's doing all the attacking these days?And those days?America was involved in probably most if not all the major wars..it's a fact!

First time I've heard of these leaflets though.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Hey Havick!

I became a member on ATS this month because I got tired of sitting on the sidelines reading the spew that guys like yourself put out on this site. You may live in Australia,but you are not an Australian by no stretch of your imagination. You are definitely a foreigner living in their country. Do yourself a favor and go back to school and trade-in that "MAMBY PAMBY LAND" education of yours for some "SCHOOL OF HARD KNOCKS". You will definitely need it before you get out of your 20's.
The japs were killing millions of civilians in China before they even attacked Pearl Harbor ya "JACK WAGON". If I was President Truman, I would of let every mother and father, who lost a son or daughter, from no matter what country, touch those 2 bombs before we dropped em! I am PROUD to be an AMERICAN! You guys can keep trying to tear us down, but you won"t succeed. Always remember this. You better hope that we don't go down, because if we do, you might as well kiss your arse's goodbye. WE ARE THE LAST BASTION OF TRUE FREEDOM. WE stand between YOU and the SOB's who would love to rule the world. You know who they are!!!
For you who have a backbone.... you know who you are.... and as AMERICANS,WE will fight along with you to keep the Hirohito's and the Hitler's of this generation from ruling the world. Oh yea,one more thing ther er..uh..007, there were no b-52's back then. PEACE!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Right on Skippy!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Hey Woog!

That was no mistake. We did that on purpose!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsPissed
reply to post by marsoc

When have you heard of Japan attacking another country?

Well let's see- we can start with Pearl Harbor and keep going from there if you want..........

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

OK Forrest,

Kill eleven hijackers before they kill one thousand civilians. What a Goober!
edit on 28-12-2010 by pinchanze because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Can someone please explain how killing saves lives?

You would have to be retarded..no even retarded people know better..you would have to be stupid to think killing saves lives.

Wouldn't the better way to save lives be..you know..to let people live?Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.They don't know how long the war "could" have lasted,and it's ignorant to think so.Who do you think started the whole war in the first place?Why do you think Japan attacked pearl harbor?Do you think they did it for no reason?Use your brain!If you do some research you will see the US has been involved in most if not all the wars that have taken place over the years.Talk about not minding your own business.

Peace.

It saves lives.

The lives of those that would have been used to invade.

My grandfather was on a ship that was in transit when the bomb was dropped.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

The point was besides Pearl Harbor.And it is believed that America started that war.So if they attacked it was because they were provoked.Why didn't they stop them from attacking when they knew where the Japanese fleet was?Nope,they let it happen so they could have their excuse to drop the bombs.Just like 9/11.

And I love America,but the people that are running it are hell bent on ruling the world.But they are ruining the world instead.

And what's this talk about "if America goes down"?America isn't going anywhere..but the people that are ruining it might be.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The winners of wars are NEVER held accountable for their war crimes, only the losers. Is it right? Not in my opinion. There will always be people that defend dropping the super bomb on people, because it might have saved lives that they happen to value. Like the dude saying it might have saved the grandfather, because his ship was headed there. If it had been the other way around, and the lives that they feel are above the other sides has dropped the bomb, and their family was vaporized, it would be a different story I am betting.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

The point was besides Pearl Harbor.And it is believed that America started that war.So if they attacked it was because they were provoked.Why didn't they stop them from attacking when they knew where the Japanese fleet was?Nope,they let it happen so they could have their excuse to drop the bombs.Just like 9/11.

And I love America,but the people that are running it are hell bent on ruling the world.But they are ruining the world instead.

And what's this talk about "if America goes down"?America isn't going anywhere..but the people that are ruining it might be.

Hey GIP!

When you say "it is believed", what do you mean by that? Do you think America started WW2? You take a poll of educated americans[those who know what WW2 was] and ask them if we started WW2. I'd say the majority would say no. You say america was provoking the japanese. Was america in china killing millions of people during the 1930's? Did america go into Nanking and massacre 200,000 men, women and children in a matter of weeks. Prove here on ATS that we knew where that fleet was. Show us right here the proof that you have. You can't! Just like you can't prove 9/11 was a setup. All you have is a squeeky walk!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Hiroshima and Nagasaki were far from 'civilian cities', civilians died yes, but they did have a military nature to them.

As the saying goes, history is written by the victors.
Had Hitler triumphed, Churchill would have been shot as a war criminal.

Just like Iraq, Saddam and Bush they will for ever be known as the war criminals, and the US the un-tainted victors.

It sux, but its reality.

and WW2 isnt really something you can use as justification, at a time when Germany was mindlessly bombing london, when Japan was raping chinese and when Italy was attacking its neighbours your kind of stuck in a hard position.

Obey the rules of war and lose, or take on your enemies worst traits to defeat them.

I dont know about you, but I like speaking english and eating meatpies... how about you?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
Also i am addressing civilian deaths in this thread..... So far with the lack of flags etc i am getting the feeling our American subscibers on ATS think this was ok, that the end justified the means??

Are you just looking for flags or an argument.. perhaps both? I heard somewhere the saying "desperate times call for desperate measures." Put yourself in the shoes of the people in charge. Lose many, many more lives on BOTH sides, civilian and military alike, or scare the crap out of the enemy and force and end to the war.

Take away the will to fight.
I think that is why they decided to drop the first bomb.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join