It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA - WW2 War crimes never addressed and held accountable!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
The US was the first country ever to this date .. to have used NUKES on civilians ....
why does it still have those weapon .... ???!%%!??? the UN should had banned the US for eternity to have possession of those nukes ... now the US have 6000 more powerfull one ... WTF ???
indeed the US was never held accountable ...

NO REASONS can explain why 2 nukes was launched on 2 cities

sandf
this need to get out ..
maybe one day ... those innocent people that die in a second that day wil have JUSTICE
edit on 1/23/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

yes!

Is all i can say to your reply... thank you.

Although with the most recent replies i have been getting, dont expect a warm responce

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by aethron

Denial....

2nd

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by aethron

Also i want to add, you mentioned a record for how many civilians killed in the shortest time span??

Is that how you measure it....as a record?

Well if we are comparing, how many people do you think were you killed and vaporised in 2-5 or 10 seconds after the Atomic bomd detonated??

100 or perhaps 10,000. No maybe try over 100,000 per bomb, putting aside the long tern deformites and radiation effects...... by the end of 1946 estimates are over 200,000 per bomb.....

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This post title is very misleading.

First - what war crimes identified as war crimes?

Not your personal dislikes - war crimes by definition.

The folks who performed the rape of Nanking - why don't you take care of all those first since they occurred early on, and then work your way through the war.

Don't forget the massacre of Polish officers and leaders by the Germans!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
Denial....

Yes, you and certain other USA bashers certainly are in denial.

A lot of posters that post here would not be here if the bombs were not dropped, and the home islands had to be invaded - but you ignore that!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
NO REASONS can explain why 2 nukes was launched on 2 cities

obviously you have never heard of WW2!

this need to get out

You also apparently think the bombing of valid military targets, Hiroshima and Nagasaki, is somehow a secret!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

Hey Havick!

You never answered my question a ways back. Are you Japanese? Ben and Oz....are both of you Japanese? I don't ask you this because of predjudice. I ask because most of us who disagree with you guys just don't understand your stance on the issue in as many times as you try to explain it.
If you are from Japan then I would understand your feelings. I know you[Havick]live in Australia and I presume Oz does also. Ben,you propably live on the west coast of Canada..right? If any one of you are Japanese,could you explain the Japanese Ideology of pre-WWll? You know....how the Japanese felt about Americans and other cultures outside of their own? If none of you are Japanese, could someone who is a older Japanese person ...say over 50 or 60 explain it?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by pinchanze

sorry i missed that post, no im not Japanese lol although i guess i understand you asking..

No i was born in Australia and have a European background.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

I'm not bashing the USA, i am questioning choices your government/ military made...not you.
I'll be totally honest there is alot about the USA i dislike, but that comes from politics, miltary and health issues. The people and citizens are fine, i have no problem with you, your friends or family...we are all the same..

We are all people.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

In hignsight i could have been a little more gentle with the subject line...fair enough.

Although it all comes down to who actually defines the crimes, hmm that doesnt make sense..

Think of it like this, the UN commitee that decides all of this was happy because WW2 was over, as everyone was at the time. We celebrated and rejoiced that it was over... I am happy we won, otherwise i may be speaking Japanese now and lving in a totally different era..

It's only the civilian deaths i care about, well to be honest all human life is important. War is crap, i hate it. I hate seeing it now, i hate our troops are over in Afganistan and Iraq but i have to support them.. i am not gonna spit on them when they come home because they are doing what they were told by a handfull of people.

In saying that a world free of war is a world i wish i could raise my children in....

Looking back to the past, the civilian deaths should not have been neccesary, why is that so hard for you to comprehend? I dont understand

Lets change persective, take the current war in Iraq, if ann Iraq terrorist managed to get into the US and then bombed some inncocent group of civilians ( god forbid ) and in that terrorists mind thinking that act would end the war in his country, you would agree would you??

I think not and niether do i, that would be awefull and i hope it never happens!!

I dont know what else to say or what other example to use

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

"USA - WW2 War crimes never addressed and held accountable!" Yes... Because we won.

there are no winners in war..

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

dropping an Atomic Weapon on a Civilan City..twice

That is not a war crime.... so exactly what war crime are you on about?

On the surface, it's all very simple. Most of us seem to believe the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was a war crime. I certainly do. The Japanese were already talking of surrender. That Caesar of British historians, A J P Taylor, quoted a senior US official. "The bomb simply had to be used -- so much money had been expended on it. Had it failed, how would we have explained the huge expenditure? Think of the public outcry there would have been . . . The relief to everyone concerned when the bomb was finished and dropped was enormous." I agree with Fisk (and with A J P Taylor!). I still can't quite understand how defenders of the US decision to nuke those two Japanese cities can argue, in good conscience, that it wasn't a war crime. To use atomic bombs to literally incinerate hundreds of thousands of men, women and children? If that's not a war crime, then what is

www.newstatesman.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

dropping an Atomic Weapon on a Civilan City..twice

That is not a war crime.... so exactly what war crime are you on about?

On the surface, it's all very simple. Most of us seem to believe the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was a war crime. I certainly do. The Japanese were already talking of surrender. That Caesar of British historians, A J P Taylor, quoted a senior US official. "The bomb simply had to be used -- so much money had been expended on it. Had it failed, how would we have explained the huge expenditure? Think of the public outcry there would have been . . . The relief to everyone concerned when the bomb was finished and dropped was enormous." I agree with Fisk (and with A J P Taylor!). I still can't quite understand how defenders of the US decision to nuke those two Japanese cities can argue, in good conscience, that it wasn't a war crime. To use atomic bombs to literally incinerate hundreds of thousands of men, women and children? If that's not a war crime, then what is

www.newstatesman.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Do you have an opinion about the bombing of northern Laos?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

But how was it specificallya crime? It was sanctioned by the executive branch of the united states, was in at least some measured given the green light by (at what was the time) the national security council and the joint chiefs' of staff.

the usa is implicit in many war crimes there were cases at the end of the second world war where german officers were executed for the same things american officers walked away for.. you dont have to look back for. the last two wars for example both illegal under international law and both showing disragard for the geneva convention...

the human rights record from the usa is appalling yet they are happy to point fingers at countires like china..
look at the amount of people they had killed in chille for example...for just having different political views.
if dropping a bomb and wipping a whole city out and killing thousands of women and children is not a war crime and a crime against humanity..what the hell is?
the japenese where already in the process of surrender when this bomb was dropped...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
the japenese where already in the process of surrender when this bomb was dropped...

changing history again, Japan was NOT in the process of surrender, they even refused to surrender after the first bomb was dropped, it took the 2nd bom and the intervention of the Emperor himself for Japan to surrender.

Anyway, what is the "process of surrender" - all you have to do is state "We surrender" and inform your troops to stop fighting.

Also funny how all the Japanese apologists ignore the Potsdam Declaration!
edit on 24/1/11 by dereks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

It's funny how you ignore civilian deaths...

War Crime Definition

War crimes are serious violations of the laws applicable in armed conflict (Also known as International humanitarian law) giving rise to individual criminal responsibility. Examples of such conduct includes "murder, the ill-treatment or deportation of civilian residents of an occupied territory to slave labor camps", "the murder or ill-treatment of prisoners of war", the killing of hostages, "the wanton destruction of cities, towns and villages, and any devastation not justified by military, or civilian necessity.

Source

edit on 24-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
reply to post by Havick007

Look, Professor, take the Geneva Conventions.

They're a contract between nations. You follow the rules, and I'll follow the rules.

You break the contract, and I'm no longer bound by the contract.

The Japanese broke every damned rule of civilized behavior and civilized conduct of war in the book.

Therefore, there was no differentiation between soldier and civilian.

We hit two viable military targets.

That just happened to be cities.

Too bad.

So sad.

so to fight a monster you have to become that monster?
ye that makes a lot of sense..not
makes you no better than them... infact it removes the seperation between and us...so why fight..?
flawed logic

kx

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

It's funny how you ignore civilian deaths...

Who is ignoring them - better them than all the allied deaths (and Japanese deaths) that would have occured if the home islands were invaded. - ou are ignoringthose potential casualities due to your bashing of the USA!
edit on 24/1/11 by dereks because: (no reason given)

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join