It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010: "A big year for UFOs"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
AOL's news website has an article about the UFO events of 2010, claiming that this has been "A big year for UFOs".

www.aolnews.com...

Like a bad penny that keeps showing up, UFOs have been around on a regular basis from antiquity through modern day. And as 2010 unfolded, the UFO mythology was alive and well.

Famed British astrophysicist Stephen Hawking, the pope's astronomer, a high-ranking Italian politician and even the late Winston Churchill (according to recently unearthed documents) helped keep UFOs in the news.

And sightings of unexplained flying objects came in from all over the world.

Let's take a look back at some of the more interesting, strange and funny stories involving UFOs and the possibilities of contact with ETs that appeared on our pages.

While the title which seems to be a bit of an overstatement (I don't think 2010 was really a big year for UFOs...), the article is quite a good, concise overview of the bigger UFO stories (good and bad) of 2010 - which seems to be worth a mention.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Rather than say it was a big year for UFO's...
I'd be more apt to say it was a big year for CGI and hoaxes.

There are way too many people trying to make a dollar on this.
Too many people out there trying to get a laugh.

On the flip side, every year, more and more people have video recordng capabilities.
So, there are going to be more videos each year.
More people recording normal objects and claiming they are 'UFO's.

Either way...I'm on the fence.
I've witnessed big things in the sky, but most could be explained.

...and I'm certainly not a skeptic.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I've seen no difference between this year and any other , same hoaxes , same mis-identification of Chinese lanterns , balloons and contrails for ET spaceships ..... Oh yeah , and predictions , this year it was Stanley Fulham last year it was David Wilcock , so no I don't think 2010 has been a big year for UFOs .

What would be good for 2011 though is if President Obama would keep his promise to open the doors to those who want to know the truth .

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

He won't though, any more than Jimmy Carter did. He'll have the same doors slammed in his face (even more so, with his current approval ratings)....

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I fear you are right , he also has his family to think off , if you know what I mean

I guess what we need is a Bradley Manning in the right department to have access to crash retrieval documents or such like ......Oh yeah , and not mind doing 60 years for his troubles

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
i saw my first ufo this year and it absolutely blew my mind and the other five family members who witnessed it during the summer. it was the only thing ive ever seen in the sky that i can say was not astrological or anything ordinary.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Rather than say it was a big year for UFO's...
I'd be more apt to say it was a big year for CGI and hoaxes.

You're probably right. It's getting harder to know what's real if you rely on video evidence. There are bound to be more hoaxes but there are likely to be more real UFO videos too, not that there are so many decent cameras. Other evidence is becoming ever more important.

I like to take care not to dismiss evidence too lightly. It is all to easy to explain away evidence but be incorrect. As far as I'm concerned, without evidence that an explanation is correct it is still speculation.

new topics

top topics

join