It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy Charts Show Loop Current Severely Damaged!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Let me first begin with this... Navy Charts Show Loop Current Severely Damaged!

So, I'm no expert at oceanography but these look rather compelling to me. Coudl this be the cause of Europe's cold weather? We know that the Gulf Stream Loop Current is responsible for bringing tropical waters up the European coast and keeping the temperature moderated. More info here at Wikipedia.

But the MSM has largely avoided opening the discussion about the effects of the loop current on Europe's current weather conditions. A cursory search has yielded the following: Loop Current Broken, Loop Curretn Causing Unexpected Cold Weather, and BP Oil Disaster Stalls Loop Current. I couldn't help but notice that there isn't a single mainstream news outlet reporting on this.

Further the fact that alternative news sources are reporting that thousands of square miles of the gulf floor are buried in thick deposits of oil and other reports that the well is STILL spilling oil into the gulf and the magnatude of what is happening becomes quite clear. Again, I'm no meteorolgist or oceanologist but to me this spells DISASTER! I'm curious what you all think or if you have come across any news sources supporting my hypothesis. Thanks in adnvance.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This thread is currently ongoing. Its topic is of the 'supposed' oil slick from BP,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

Different issue... although probably inter-related. This focuses specifically on the Gulf Loop, the Northern Atlantic Gyre and Thermohaline Circulation. I've seen many poo-poo the idea that the Gulf Loop is slowing down. I have posted info on this thread that specifically addresses the fact that it is!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Here is a paper on the gulf loop www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
With all the censorship and media blackout on this issue it does look like some serious us going on.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
And I thought it was the jet stream....

Has A Mini ICE AGE Just Begun? The Jet Stream Has Gone HAYWIRE!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

If I am not mistaken, I believe that the jet stream is affected by the Gulf Loop and the North Atlantic Gyre but not the other way around. I'll do some poking around, but I seem to recall that the warmer water transported to the North Atlantic Gyre from the Gulf Stream increases the amount of moisture in the atmosphere and can, in fact, steer and direct the jet stream. We also know that a combination of the Jet Stream, Gulf Stream and North Atlantic Gyre have an effect on Western Rainfall and the formation of Hurricanes in the Eastern Atalantic Ocean.

Again, I will see if I can locate any scholarly papers discussing this phenomenon. I welcome any other posters to interject as well.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

The only word I can conjure up is COMPREHENSION.

Get some

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Phage debunked this in a thread back in September. The Loop current regularly "breaks up." It is seasonal. Phage was able to post charts from previous years with similar phenomenon.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

These two posts from Phage show previous year's diagrams of both the Gulf Loop and the Atlantic Current. Pre B.P. and Post B.P., LOL!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Interesting stuff posted by Phage. I took a look but do not necessarily agree with Phage's conclusions. He seems to focus more on the Gulf Loop and the Gulf Stream but does not address the North Atlantic Gyre which is afected by both. Slightly modest changes in either could have massie affects on the Gyre, which in turn, could have massive affects on European weather. Whereas he is correct about normal, nominal changes in the Gulf Stream, I think what we are seeing today is more than normal or nominal.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well, i dont know what everyone else is looking at...but this will DEFINITELY open your eyes....if you haven't seen it already.
Does this LOOK 'normal'?

edit on 28-12-2010 by jamiejames because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jamiejames

Jamie... no imbedded video. Please try again as I am interested in seeing it!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Interesting stuff posted by Phage. I took a look but do not necessarily agree with Phage's conclusions. He seems to focus more on the Gulf Loop and the Gulf Stream but does not address the North Atlantic Gyre which is afected by both. Slightly modest changes in either could have massie affects on the Gyre, which in turn, could have massive affects on European weather. Whereas he is correct about normal, nominal changes in the Gulf Stream, I think what we are seeing today is more than normal or nominal.

he didn't debunked anything, all i know his spreading misinformation campaign, at least thats how i see it, this isn't normal, tell me this then has this weather been normal? i would say not, in Ontario we haven't seen snow in quite a while. last year for xmas we had rain.

So again tell me how is it normal? and also Florida supposed to be a warmer state with no record of snow, so again how and why does Florida get the snow and ice? and again is that normal?
edit on 28-12-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jamiejames

Nice video! I live in Cleveland and can tell you that this DOES happen from time to time in the winter. When the lake is still warm and a cold front, known as an Alberta Clipper, moves through, the lake gets very violent and coats everything in ice, including the Rt 90 freeway that runs along it.

HOWEVER, the past winter has not been normal. We had 22 inches of snow in early december and another 27 inches of snow in Mid-December. Normally we will have 1 storm that bad and it normally doesn't occur until late January or February. Winter started very early and very violently this year. We haven't sen the ground in almosta month. Definitely not normal!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
So, I'm no expert at oceanography but these look rather compelling to me. Could this be the cause of Europe's cold weather? We know that the Gulf Stream Loop Current is responsible for bringing tropical waters up the European coast and keeping the temperature moderated. More info here at Wikipedia.

Great thread, the gulf stream has indeed slowed down, and not only the gulf stream all of the ocean currents are slowing sown, this is what i have been saying in this thread of mine but nobody is listening.
Humans are accelerating themselves towards an Ice Age.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You say Florida has no record of snow????
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

Thermohaline Circulation is coming to a halt. Once the warm, moist waters of the Gulf stop feeding the North Atlantic Gyre, the jet stream will deep - which is what I believe we're witnessing. The question at this point isn't "Are we", the question is "For how long will it last and how low will it go"?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nocents

Florida gets snow and ice fairly often. I have lived here 10 years and I have seen snow accumulate on cars and bushes several times. We have had ice as far south as Orlando during my time here.

Going back to my earlier post, during the 1700's snow was common in Florida. Climates shift, weather patterns are cyclical, and man has very little influence one way or another.

I believe there is a climate change going on, but I don't believe it is a result of anything we are doing ourselves. I believe it is just a cyclical thing. Imagine a sin wave superimposed on line of another sin wave. Cycles within cycles over millions or billions of years. Who knows what portion of the grand cycle we are on? The Mayans seem to have the best cyclical chart known, and we are nearing the end of several simultaneous cycles including the 26,000 year cycle. It is possible that we will have several very odd years that the other hasn't seen for at least 26,000 years. In my opinion, it is still just natural and normal behavior.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I agree with just about everything you just posted. However, I do believe that the oil spill has had an effect on current patterns to some extent.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I might agree with the Oil Spill effect. When the spill first happened, I was very concerned that the Gulf of Mexico would have a green house effect. A thin layer of oil on the surface could slow evaporation, hold in heat, dampen wave action, and amplify the heating effects of the sun (similar to what we put in swimming pools to hold heat).

During the beginning months of the summer, there were some effects. The upper Atlantic Coast was much warmer than usual, the Florida Coasts were cooler than usual, and the North Atlantic Current was measurably slower than usual. As the summer progressed, things pretty much returned to normal. The oil that is now below the surface could be affecting undersea currents in ways that are not apparent or measurable.

Only time will tell what the overall seriousness of this oil spill was, but I suspect it has been catastrophic and we are just unaware for now.

top topics

join