It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Expected to Name Summers Successor Next Month

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
From www.newsmax.com...

A successor to National Economic Council Director Lawrence Summers will probably be named next month, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said today. Summers is keeping his position through the end of the year, and President Barack Obama wanted to “take some time to make a good decision,” Gibbs said on CNN’s “State of the Union” program. “It’s an important part of our economic team.” Obama announced in September that Summers, 56, would return to Harvard University, where he served as president from 2001 to 2006. He was Treasury secretary during President Bill Clinton’s administration. Possible candidates to succeed Summers include Roger Altman, founder of Evercore Partners Inc.; Gene Sperling, an adviser to Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner; and Yale University President Richard Levin Read

We all know the economy is very sick and I currently see three possibilities playing out.

1/ We find a global sustainable economy
2/ The rich get richer and the poor go to hell
3/ We all go to hell

Obama has about a month to make a decision and wants to make the right one, so lets help him. I do not know much about the 3 main candidates except Roger Altman is a Blinderberg, CFR and Trilateral member. This throws up a lot of red flags personally. I like the fact that Richard Levin Read is a University president and could easily access a lot of students to help with understanding the problems and issues. Apart from that I am still learning myself.

Any comments on who you would pick and why?
edit on Mon Dec 27 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: supplied better "breaking" news title, and added external quote code

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Roger Altman, This bloke sounds like Mr Dodgy after taking almost $18 Million from a $46 Million payout to help GM stay out of Bankruptcy.www.politico.com...
His business Evercore has handled over $1 Trillion in mergers, acquisitions, recapitalization and restructuring. www.evercore.com... This sounds heavily involved in dumping of America jobs. The more I look, the more I do not like with him appearing as a political monster. I do not trust him to save the economy, but he might make a dollar in the process though.

Gene Sperling is a Brooking Institute, CFR and wall street boy who earned $2.2 Million in 2008 and pushed for deregulation of financial instruments under President Clinton. www.whorunsgov.com... . With his track record and current connections it looks like wall street would remain the puppet master to the government. With the path things are on there is does not look good for any of us.

Richard Levin looks to be the best of the bunch with 17 at the head of Yale, directing good growth to the school over the years and is engaged in US - China relations. He is also being considered for the Economic Recovery Advisory board, which may be a better role to engage the mess of the economy. www.bloomberg.com... . The worst I can find so far is that he is anti unions and close friends with George W. Bush.

join