It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creation/Intelligent Design vs Evolution/Science Your thoughts?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   

So if any part of evolution is correct, then creation, and bible, are wrong.

It's amazing that non Christians are a minority in this country, and yet have a much louder voice. It's as though you are screeming out in class for the TEACHER to change what he is teaching and adopt your doctrine. How can you be as arrogant to believe that the few Atheists and agnostics on this planet are right and the billions of Christians are wrong.
What? You alone have been blessed with the knowledge that will set us all free. Billions of Christians are not such for no reason.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by deesw

How can you be as arrogant to believe that the few Atheists and agnostics on this planet are right and the billions of Christians are wrong.
What? You alone have been blessed with the knowledge that will set us all free. Billions of Christians are not such for no reason.

This has to be the weakest arguement for creationsists everywhere. How can u reasonably imply that becasue there are more Christians than aithiest/agnostics, that creation is right.

If i convinced 50million people, for example, through lying and deception that an ant created the earth, does that make it right?..... I dont think so.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Intelligent design is just code for creationism.

Put a monkey in a suit and you just have a monkey in a suit, not a businessman.

Creationism is not science.

I am open to magic creating the Universe, but you have to have evidence to that effect before it can be taught in science class.

Put up the evidence or get it the 'H' out of science classes.

Keep voodoo in voodoo classes.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

If i convinced 50million people, for example, through lying and deception that an ant created the earth, does that make it right?..... I dont think so.

Dude get real,,,,, I think 50 billion Christians might just be on to something.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
hahaah!!!!! the person who made this post contradicted himself. what a joke, he cant even keep his own facts straightened out... look at these quotes.

his first post, 5th paragraph down, first sentence reads
"Now Evolution has not been proven 100%."

and then his 2nd post, 2nd line down, he wrote
"Evolution is fact."

this guy is a fool- looking for answers so desperately

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Creationism is not science

Sounds like you worship science.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

hahaah!!!!! the person who made this post contradicted himself. what a joke, he cant even keep his own facts straightened out... look at these quotes

Which post are you talking about?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I agree with the sensible people here - saying ''god'' did something is really passing the book.

Apparently god is a ''he'', a male, so explain how a male can be born without a creator, it takes two to make a man, even if scientists create a human, there will always be a designer. Please explain this mystery!

But on the contary, science doesn't explain what the first mechanism was that caused the expansion of all that we see at the present, and before that, and so forth - I think both sides have lots of studying to do, don't get me wrong I'm actually a novice on cosmology.

But if some cosmologists (or maybe just thinkers in general) believe such nonsense as, ''there was nothing before the big bang, therefore it's futile to suggest'' - then I want to know why what they are explaining is something, not nothing as was suggested. The first instance they describe their ''nothing'' it becomes something. Tricky huh? I've read this nonsense before, science at it's best!

[edit on 26-1-2005 by SteveG]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Well, again, micro evolution has been proven, meaning creation is wrong. The bible says creation, not creation and micro evolution but not macroevolution.

Microevolution wasn't involved in the creation process. It happened in the thousands of years that followed afterward. There's no contradiction in the Bible to that. The Bible doesn't mention microevolution because that isn't relevant to the main subject.

So if any part of evolution is correct, then creation, and bible, are wrong. Also, as said, macro has been proven, the dolphin from land mammal to sea mammal.

Take a look at the skull for a moment. Moving the nose from the front to the top of the head cannot be done in gradual steps. It requires a fundamental restructuring of the skull. I have seen skeletons of 'Ambulocetus'. What makes it different from an otter or a weasel?

Ok, forget the tail bone, what about appendix? That organ use to be used, but now is as useful as a second nose growing out of your armpit. Why did we evolve into a creature that the appendix was made useless?

It contains a very high concentration of lymphoid cells, which serve an immune function-- controlling the bacteria population in the colon.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Dude get real,,,,, I think 50 billion Christians might just be on to something.

I'm sure mean you 50 million, so i will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Based on that logic, you could say the same thing about aethiests/agnostics. I am sure there is a copious amount of them. What makes them wrong and all the Christians right, strictly based on numbers???...Is there some magical threshhold value, that once reached, an idea is deemed true???...

Your arguement is very weak and shouldnt even be considered valid.

[edit on 26-1-2005 by LuDaCrIs]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Your arguement is very weak and shouldnt even be considered valid

That's cool dude. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. When it is all said and done though,,,, you still have your sins to answer for as do I. For your sake I hope that you are right in not believing in GOD. As for me I'm not willing to take the gamble. I can see God all around me, I can feel his presence all around me. I am not the geatest communicator by far so I am not a very strong tool for God because I tend to anger easily and that is not a very Christian way to respond. This whole message board has been a very humbling experience on how I communicate my thoughts and opinions. I love my God and wish his grace on everyone on here that has denied him.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Creation is just what it is. I don't think it needs to be renamed to appeal to society. Those that believe in creation have a strong faith that is not shattered or rattled by evolution theories. I don't happen to believe in aliens but some on earth do. If you have never seen an alien but you believe in them.....why? Faith, belief, opinion? The same would go for creation. I believe in creation, why, because I do. It is my faith and in my heart and I don't need to prove it to anyone or defend it. We all have things that we believe so strongly in that nothing anyone says will change it. We all have a right to those beliefs.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Apparently god is a ''he'', a male, so explain how a male can be born without a creator, it takes two to make a man, even if scientists create a human, there will always be a designer. Please explain this mystery!

You are reaching for an arguement that just doesn't matter. Would it really matter to you if God was a man or a woman, black or white or olive skinned? Would it really matter if he was transient light or something even harder to imagine?
In the beginning God said let us make man in our image. Man came first, and God saw that man was alone and he made a help mate for him. Someone equal to him mentaly, emotionaly, and yet different physicaly, sexualy, and mentaly, and emotionaly. I can't seem how a man is better than a woman or vice versa, but they are different. There are just some things that are more masculine and some things more feminine. Whatever happened to the idea of a lady and a gentleman?
I think that's why God is most often refered to as him or he.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The real difference between Creationism and Evolution or Religion and Science is that one (Religion) says "We know this is what God did", while the other (Science) says "We know this happened, but we don't know exactly why. We're going to try to find out."

Religion "knows" and is therefore wrong. Religion believes that it has everything correct which is sufficent to prove that it doesn't.

Science knows that it doesn't know, which is the only thing that can actually be known without further information. Science is all about getting more information.

Who ya going to trust to take out your appendix? A Priest or a Doctor?
Who ya going to trust to work on your automobile? A Priest or a Mechanic?
Who ya going to trust to tell you how the earth was formed? A Priest or a geologist?

Oh, and to the poster who thinks that 50 million people must be right just because there are 50 million of them, If you add 1 gallon of sewage to 10 gallons of water, you end up with 11 gallons of sewage.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound

Oh, and to the poster who thinks that 50 million people must be right just because there are 50 million of them, If you add 1 gallon of sewage to 10 gallons of water, you end up with 11 gallons of sewage.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA......Thats exactly what i ve been trying to tell him/her. Thank GOD someone else agrees.

That's cool dude. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. When it is all said and done though,,,, you still have your sins to answer for as do I. For your sake I hope that you are right in not believing in GOD. As for me I'm not willing to take the gamble. I can see God all around me, I can feel his presence all around me. I am not the geatest communicator by far so I am not a very strong tool for God because I tend to anger easily and that is not a very Christian way to respond. This whole message board has been a very humbling experience on how I communicate my thoughts and opinions. I love my God and wish his grace on everyone on here that has denied him.

Hey man listen.....i am not trying to convert you or make you change your views in any way. i repsect your position on this whole topic and by no means am i am trying to bash your humble experience. I was merely trying to say that jsut because 50 million people beleive something, doesnt mean its right. that has nothing to do with your faith. Its just a faulty arguement.

By the way...when you say "you still have your sins to answer for as do I".......speak for yourself.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Evolution is fact, and has not been 100% proven. How Gravity is fact, but we don't understand 100% of it. As I have stated, and anyone who reads Black Holes and Baby Universes by Stephen Hawking will know, black holes affect light, but light photons have no mass, therefore gravity should not affect it for gravity only affects things with mass. It does not contadict that evolution is fact but not 100% proven, just like gravity is fact but not 100% proven.

Also, so 50million people say jews are demons from mars, since there are 50million of them they are correct? So when 50million christians said earth was the center and only 2-3 men said it was not the center, who was right? The 2-3 men who using science and astronomy(I think thats the one, astronomy, astrology, astropithocy, whatever) proved that the earth was not the center of the universe or the 50million christians? One hint, it wasn't the bible thumpers.

And the guy who said that evolution is a theory meaning it is wrong, I so wish I could reach through and smack some sense into you. A scientific theory is fact, not guess, shot in the dark, or acid trip gone bad. The science community agrees that evolution is correct, but we still don't know all about it, like gravity or physics and stuff. I have stated this several times.

Ok, the bible left out micro evolution cause it wasn't relevant? SO, I can say it left out macro evolution out cause it wasn't relevant. See where I am going with this? Again, if microevolution is correct, then bible is wrong. It says creation, and creation only. It never mentions any form of evolution, therefor and evolution proves it wrong.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I have no problem with creationism taught in schools, just as long as it is taught in the correct class, like a religion class. The reason is simple, it shouldnt be taught in science, because it isnt science. This is the same reason that evolution isnt taught in world religion classes, because it has nothing to do with religion. Evolution doesnt equal atheism, the majority of Christians believe in evolution, and the majority of evolutionists are theists.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I do believe in an all creating energy force beyond our understanding....and it's my personal belief that it has to do with both science and creation.....ya know, an all powerful creating force could of created it scientifically....creating what needed to be created for evolution to take place.....but then, I also believe that there is no missing link to link modern man with the cave dwellers, and one will not be found because there isn't one.....because mankind while in the evolutionary phase, was genetically manipulated by an some for from of an advanced being. I get a lot of flack about that belief...but I have had my experiences and that's what I believe...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Actually, LadyV, I tend to agree with you, but unlike many, I admit that it is a belief and not knowledge. I don't claim to be correct. My thought is that anyone who does claim to have the answers only proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that they don't. Moreover it proves that they don't even really understand the question, or why it's really being asked. I have ideas and theories, but as much as I admire my own thoughts on this subject, I don't insist that others agree with them or even respect them. Unlike many people, my beliefs don't require the approval of others, or the safety in numbers that so many involved in traditional religions seem to need.

It's very simple. Any human who says they "know", doesn't.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

By the way...when you say "you still have your sins to answer for as do I".......speak for yourself.

It is written "for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God"
It is seriously arrogant to insinuate that you are perfect. That's what sinnless is, PERFECT.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join