It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Abraham Lincoln's assassin get away? DNA could end questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Did Abraham Lincoln's assassin get away?
DNA could end questions

Inside a grave in Mount Auburn Cemetery in Cambridge, Massachusetts, is DNA that could finally put to rest debate about whether Abraham Lincoln's killer escaped capture and lived for years before committing suicide.

The way it's written in history books, John Wilkes Booth was cornered 12 days after shooting President Lincoln at Ford's Theatre and killed in a tobacco barn before being laid to rest in a family plot. But there have been several historians over the years not entirely satisfied with this version.

"If the man who killed our greatest president got away and a giant hoax was perpetrated on the American people, then we should know about it," historian Nate Orlowek told The Philadelphia Inquirer.

It's very much a case of weighing what's worth it.

"If it compares favorably, that's the end of the controversy," Herman told the Inquirer. "That was Booth in the barn, end of case.

"If it doesn't match, you change American history."

news.blogs.cnn.com...

I have been fascinated by this story.
Most of us have heard the rumors of
who really shot JFK. But not much
in the way of conspiracy theories
of the death of the 16th US President,
Abraham Lincoln.

This conspiracy theory claims John Wilkes Booth
did NOT die in that barn, but lived on the run
changing identities several times and lived another
38 yrs til he committed suicide.

So if Booth did not die in that barn,
then whose remains were in his casket ???

a fascinating read even if ur not into
conspiracy theories.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
wow, amazing
up for 2 hrs and
not a single comment.
did it fall off the front page?
or do folks just not care about
Lincoln's assassination ???

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I am a small time civil war buff and this is a new story to me. I hadn't known any of this until Brad Meltzer's Decoded tackled it, just a few days ago. Interesting that most everyone who saw the body said it was not JWB, or described it with different hair color and freckles that JWB didn't have.Be nice to have the dna test done just to put it to rest but that ain't a gonna happen. Gods forbid we the people get the truth about anything.

Anyway, here's the link to the Decoded episode.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Who's doing the DNA test?

But it may tell us who didn't assasinate him but not who did..
Hey Boon, maybe it was Soros.

j/k.......So when will we know??

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Boonie

I just watched a show on this the other nght and was planning a thread on it myself as I saw that ATS had not really covered it. The show was Decoded with Brad Meltzer, however I wanted to watch it again and compile the info just havnt had the opportunity yet.

Brief synopsis, the body that was pulled from the barn apparently did not resemble Booth's body at all, wrong hair color and had freckled whereas Booth had dark hair and no freckles. Two possible aliases that were used by Booth had he survived were John B. Wilkes and John St. Helens and there is some evidence to back up both of these claims, however to me St. Helens was the more viable option.

Let me go back and check out the show again and do some other research and I will check back.

new topics

top topics

join