It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The purpose of life.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The purpose of life is to enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Mt 18; 3: Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Therefore one must become as little children.

Matthew 18
1At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
2And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
3And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
6But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
7Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
8Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
9And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.
10Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

This purpose has to be attained for one to live eternaly in liberty, right?

edit on 2010/12/27 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Rubbish, the purpose of life is to find your own purpose, and therefore find enlightenment. Heaven is peace, and peace can be found right here on earth.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
That's indeed rubbish.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

etherical waterwave,

Amen, Little children are teachable and receptive and we each should strive to be one of His little children. He tells them the truth and love Him. Why? Because He first showed them He first loved them. Love fully surrendered to Him with all our heart and soul is the answer.

Blessing and peace be to you.

Truthiron.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
That is the purpose of life, to love a God. All those having another purpose need to be converted.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
Rubbish, the purpose of life is to find your own purpose, and therefore find enlightenment. Heaven is peace, and peace can be found right here on earth.

All humans have this trouble.

Nazi death camps came from mans positive thinking, and gaza conentration camp is the same. Get it, positive thinking garbage leads to crimes against others. Look at how the police make up what they want to destroy people who have done nothing.

Who said you are right over any one else, and vice versa.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
To me the true purpose of life is to raise your spiritual level to it's highest level possible. The true "kingdom of heaven" is not biblical lore, but a real place that we each build for ourselves, or have already built for ourselves long ago. I mean, who really wants to live in the biblical version of heaven anyway? My own place is very nice, and has things there the Christians would not approve of, if you know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Remind yourself how good it feels to do good?

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

When one is enlightened by the wisdom of how things should be one needs to put this material into action. Then it all starts and one is put to the test. Make it physical. The kingdom of heaven here on earth. We will prevail.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

One may not see humanity as all with the same problem unless the problem everybody has is true.

new topics

top topics

join