It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a Serf, or a Citizen?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

You might like the words of one demented priest c 1381

When Adam delved and Eve span, Who was then the gentleman? From the beginning all men by nature were created alike, and our bondage or servitude came in by the unjust oppression of naughty men. For if God would have had any bondmen from the beginning, he would have appointed who should be bond, and who free. And therefore I exhort you to consider that now the time is come, appointed to us by God, in which ye may (if ye will) cast off the yoke of bondage, and recover liberty.

Are we in servitude? I would say yes, yes we but to the corporate world..

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Thanks for the quote, I have been called demented before.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Hey, I would never admit to not knowing about a specific tax. (Whether I do or not is a matter for the courts!)

Since we are required, by law, to be familiar with all tax laws. Admiting you do not know about some is "breaking the law". (Technically...which is the best kind of right to the beaurocrats (Spelling, I know, but I am honest. Check all the other words I spelled right, isn't that awesome!)

Well all I know is what I do, or "do not" in this case.

1) I do not pay taxes, other than the "forced" taxes (Sales tax, I can not spend a dollar (in a store) without this bastard showing up.)

2) I do not turn in tax forms (This one is hard for some, because they actually have to practice what they preach. No tax forms, means no tax returns.

Anyway, pissing people off is going to do nothing. Other than piss people off. Constructive work yeilds constructive results, take me for instance. At first I was having a hard time listening to you, because of the anger. Now that you took the time to step back and explain, the topic makes 100% more sense than before (At least to me.)

And, do you do either of those 2 points I listed? If not, then why the beef? If one is content in paying the taxes, filling out the forms, and recieving a check in the mail. Then that one does not deserve the right to complain, since they are contributing.

Taxation without representation, that is all this is. Unfortunatly, now that corperations are citizens, they can do it this way. For those citizens HAVE taxation with representation.

Thanks Lincoln! You sorry mother *@!()_!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

Thanks for the quote, I have been called demented before.

Your not that old are you? anyway, just realised I forgot to add the Quote is from one John Ball and the revolt of the peasants in Kent, Sussex, Essex and Bedford c 1381

I find the words quite interesting, and repeated down the ages.. We, as a society seem to go through phases where the elite try to crowbar more and more out of society, while still not learning that time and time again it only ends up with a bloodied society.

And this is (IMHO) where we are heading.. we are on that path... I know others might want to speed up the process, but we will get there in the end, we always do as we shake ourselves free of the chains that bind us.

edit on 30/12/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

I know, I have to temper the anger, make it more resilient and be more descriptive when writing.

Thanks for the conversation.

Not old, but not young, 40's to be kinda specific. I gather quotes is why I thanked you. Been working on a site with just quotes from peeps of the past and the present. That one is to be included. Enjoyed the YT vids in your signature. Thanks for the conversation.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Your welcome, good luck with the site
one of the expressions that is still in use around here to describe our servitude is "the Norman Yoke"

A quote you might be interested in from medieval chronicler, Orderic Vitalis (1075–1142)

"And so the English groaned aloud for their lost liberty and plotted ceaselessly to find some way of shaking off a yoke that was so intolerable and unaccustomed".

and has been referenced down through the ages during each crisis, in Dec 1649 The True Levellers Standard Advanced, Winstanley begins:

O what mighty Delusion, do you, who are the powers of England live in! That while you pretend to throw down that Norman yoke, and Babylonish power, and have promised to make the groaning people of England a Free People; yet you still lift up that Norman yoke, and slavish Tyranny, and holds the People as much in bondage, as the Bastard Conquerour himself, and his Councel of War.

There is a castle I can see from my home, Lewes Castle, one of the first Norman Castles in England, and on it's walls is a plaque bearing the inscription that for "800 years the castle has been a symbol of oppression" which sums up the peoples feelings towards the elite.

When looking at the elite, nothing seems to change, and greed seems to always win through *shakes head*

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join