It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd experience earlier tonight involving a car crash

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Sounds like shock, car safety has been improving, being young helps as the body bounces a lot better. The tree also helped reduce the momentum gradually before stopping in the house. If it was a big tree that brought the car to a sudden stop it may have ended differently.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
First thing that comes to mind after reading that is, man, one of those girls ex is going to going to be so pissed when he finds out she took his car and drove it in to house of the girl he was cheating on her with. Serves him right.
Just my take on it.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Hopefully they didn't both suffer from severe head trama and walk away from the scene into the darkness. Did you call the ambulance?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I need to get some sleep, and I hate to be an asshole - but it really kills me how many comments here have been about "female drivers", spoiled rich girls, idiotic women, etc.

Did it ever occur to you people to put those stereotypes aside? At least long enough to question if someone was HURT?

I am a Blonde Yuppy Female and I have an expensive car. I does not belong to my husband, or to my parents, I bought it with my OWN money and you best believe I can take the goddamned thing apart and rebuild it, top to bottom.

STOP IT! Your idiotic stereotypes could actually wind up getting someone KILLED. It's not funny, it's not cute, and in certain instances it can be downright dangerous to make such assumptions.

What will you think next? The black guy who's seizing is just jamming to Hip Hop?

STOP. Please.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

Why would you label yourself a yuppie? Isn't it a derogatory term?

Anyway, two young girls from London?

Probably stolen. 'Yeah, we'll be right back for the car
'...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Heard of similar .. Kids steal cars with airbags and deliberately crash them to deploy the airbags for a thrill..

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Watch one of those "reality" shows,...I am caring for five children in ages from 3 to 18 over the xmas break,...they have no concept of money and when they break something they don't care. Young people expect the best of the best of everything. You give it all to them and they are never supposed be without.
Those girls don't really care what you or anyone else thinks.
"Some one will make it all go away and I don't care how it gets fixed."
My kids have some pretty amazing things for christmas like laptops and 42" TVs ,...ya know what today they are "bored".
I can't imagine destroying a car that i didn't pay for,and I personally will never have anything that nice.
SPOILED BRATS and zanex that's holiday cheer for ya. IMHO that's what's wrong with those chicks.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wally Hope

Just trying to be descriptive - but clearly *everything* means something negative - including one's location and age.

Sigh.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

Dont be offended. The question should have been were they tall blondes? Ive seen on another site people saying
that a race of hybrid aliens exist and were made at area 51. and that people have seen these strange acting blondes
in the Las Vegas area.I believe that he was only talking about those blondes not the stereotypical ones.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

In 1974, my Mom was running a restaurant in northern Indiana. Down the road about 2 miles away, two men in a 1964 Oldsmobile Starfire blew a stop sign where a road came to a stop for a highway, it was a "T" road. The guys must have been going over 90 miles per hour when they blew that sign and went through a steel guardrail, then over a deep drainage ditch, taking a huge chunk out the ditch bank on the other side. The Olds was smashed beyond any recognition in the front, and one man was thrown through the windshield on impact. The other man picked up his friend and carried him, broken neck, ribs, and arms, all the way back to my mom's restaurant, (over 2 miles) laid his friend on the table, and passed out. Both men survived.

The same day an older man driving a F-100 Ford pickup ran off the road and into a cement fence post. He bumped his head hard enough to get a bump the size of an egg on his forehead. He was killed in that wreck, the truck just had a dented front bumper.

Strange things happen in a car wreck.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Im going to say it is shock related. I used to be a volunteer firefighter and I've responded to calls like that before, motor vehicle accident and the driver is just wandering off, into the woods or down the road due to shock. One lady was convinced that her husband was in the woods and that she had to go get him to help get the car out of the snow, which was wrapped around a tree.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Maybe they died and was ghosts and didnt' know it

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Maybe they died and was ghosts and didnt' know it

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
...the behavior of the women very well couldve been due to shock...

...in the early 70s, my then SO and i were in a wreck... a guy ran a stopsign and t-boned us (on my side), then veered off and crashed into the house on the corner (very much like you described dave)...

...he crawled out the back window (which was shattered) and started walking away... my SO's size and intimidating personality encouraged the man to sit down and wait for the cops...

...what none of us knew right then was that an old lady had been sitting in her chair in front of the window the man crashed through... he killed her... he got off with involuntary manslaughter...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I am with you Dave. Some things just don't feel "right". It's like an itch you feel, but can't quite manage to scratch. I'm curious if you found out what happened with the car in the neighbor's front door. Unless they were blown out of their minds on something, I'd expect a little more trauma on their part.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I called my parents earlier and they said that the police dragged the car away and there was a builder there until about 3am making the wall safe.

No reports at all about what happened to the girls.

I feel really guilty about not somehow stopping the girls from walking away now, but at the time it was so fast and odd that my mind just didn't adjust in time to do anything about it.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I don't buy it was shock.

The accident wasn't that bad, and why would they both react the same way to shock?

Nah, they new what they were doing.

'We'll be right back'...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join