It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd experience earlier tonight involving a car crash

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I'm not sure where to post this it seems a little bit Above top secret but I really can't think of where I would put it and I can't really make a conspiracy out of it so BTS it is.

I visited my parents house today to have lunch, exchange gifts etc As I was about to leave their house (at around midnight) we all heard a huge crash from outside (my brother and his wife were there too),we rushed outside to discover a Black BMW X5 had mounted the pavement hit a small tree (3 or 4 inch thick trunk) with enough force to completely knock it down and drove straight into the door of a house, knocking a big hole into the brickwork around it and burying the front corner of the car partially inside the house.

We could see the airbags deployed inside the car so we started to go over to help, but before we got there two girls got out of the front of the car and just casually started walking away, they were not distressed at all and were just casually chatting to each other, although I couldn't hear what they were talking about, the girls passed us and said, "we are going to find someone to move the car"

They both literally walked off as if nothing had happened, they weren't upset, they weren't excited or crying or anything, they didn't seem hurt in the slightest it was just like they were taking a walk in the park.
The girls were both young (early-mid 20's)

What I want to know is what people think could account for this strange behaviour. Could it be shock? Or some kind of Drugs? or what? They certainly didn't seem drunk or anything. Or are cars just that safe now that you can crash like this and literally not feel it?

It just seemed very odd. Any thoughts?
edit on 26-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
odd? how about twilight zone!

i don't think i could have stopped myself from saying something sarcastic like "oh good, cause the whole point of the door is to keep the car outside you know. "

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I'll be the first to ask....

Were they blonde?

Did one have any type of European accent?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

It was pretty dark with orange ark sodium lighting so it was hard to see them very well, plus we were all just kind of standing their with our jaws hanging open.

One of them was dark skinned (afro Caribbean I would guess) and the other was white with dark hair, they were dressed just like normal fashionable young girls one had a silver puffer jacket, they seemed like they came from London from the accent

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Those 2 again? Are they being manufactured or something?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neowakko

I did think of the indestructible twins on the way home in the car
It was very odd.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
There could be a range of things as to why they fled the scene Dave. It is possible that it could be drug related, seeing as to how they just got out and walked away. Or they may have had something on their persons that they didn't want the police to find on them, like some kind of illicit drug or what not. I don't see how it could be shock that caused them to walk away. Seeing as to how in most car crashes, if someone is uninjured or if they have experienced some shock. Most of the time they stay in the car until the rescue squad gets them out. Then again, they may have just been uninjured and did not want to stick around so that the police could talk to them. Or they left the scene not realizing that the "Leaving the Scene of an Accident" complaint would come back on their driving records. They would have been better off staying there and waiting for the police if nothing was wrong. It's just my point of view on it and nothing else.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
That's really weird. I'd expect Rod Serling to step out from nowhere. At least nobody was hurt. It could've been weirder ( not to mention tragic) if you'd looked in the car and seen the girls' bodies still there.
edit on 26-12-2010 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

I tend to agree with you.

If they had run away I would have been a lot less weirded out by it. I also considered that they might be over the alcohol limit and would at least give themselves time to sober up if they left and had to be tracked down.

It was really just the calm way that it all happened that made me confused, how many cars have they crashed before to have such little reaction to it
I would be pretty damn upset if it happened to me thats for sure

Edit to add
I also had to assume by the age of the girls and the cost of the car that the car was not actually theirs, maybe a boyfriends or family members

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

'Scuse me? I'm blonde and have a Euro accent - and I'm one of THE BEST drivers around. Have taken professional driving courses, was also schooled by very knowledgeable people including - exH who was a semi pro racer, brother who is an auto mechanic and racer, and I myself am a mechanical engineer. But I guess my hair color and gender negates all that

To Dave - it sounds like these girls were in shock. It was nice of you and your family to offer your help and concern.

edit on 27-12-2010 by Whiffer Nippets because: Typos. Must be because I'm a BLONDE!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

The blond thing is a reference to this I assume.

As for the other comment, they literally just crashed their car into someone's house got out of the car and walked off there wasn't a thing anyone could do about it, unless you wanted me to wrestle them to the ground until the police came
edit on 27-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Yeah Dave that was directed at "ghandi", and anyone else who thinks blonde females are idiots - you seem to be smarter than that
(ETA here - yeah I'm familiar with these "Blonde Twins" and, in fact, might have a similar constitution, having been seriously injured many times over and lived to tell the tales - so if mentioned in that light - maybe I will take it as a compliment
) (this goes out to "ghandi" too - but if your comment was to cite these women, you could've been a bit more clear ~ )

And as far as "shock" goes - I was seriously injured last year, nothing involving a car, but I was badly injured and had to walk a mile home before I could make arrangements to get to a hospital. I called my Mom to come get me because I wasn't sure I could drive and did not want to get blood in my car LOL - care more for car than self

While I was waiting for Mom to come for me (half an hour) - I stood at my kitchen sink and washed a lettuce I had bought - bleeding buckets of blood from my torn up leg.

I told this story on another board I'm on - which has alot of med people including a paramedic who's assigned to a helicopter (you know you're messed up bad when they send the helicopter

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I guess in hindsight you are right.

The whole situation was so bizarre though that none of us really had a clue what to do, the police did come about 15 minutes later and sent some cars to look around the local area for people matching the description but I don't know what transpired from that.

I will phone my mum tomorrow and see if anything else happened after I left.

Truthfully in London if you see a car crash in such a dramatic way the first thing you assume is that someone has stolen it and a gang of young guys running from the police is going to jump out. When the two girls just walked calmly away we were just mystified and confused .

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Just a side note because I am a bit hinky too (so sorry to all if I am a bit on edge and defensive) - one of my neighbors was found dead on 12/24 - Christmas eve.

We're all a bit upset and on edge and wished we could have helped.... somehow.

We don't know if it was natural causes or suicide yet. Although he appeared healthy, and was fairly young, so.

I wished I would've reached out and spoke to him more. Lots of people here and I know many of my neighbors - but most just through a smile and a wave......

Ah..... Sigh. A HazMat company was there today to clean up his home - and I got kind of upset all over again.....

I wish there was something I could've done......
edit on 27-12-2010 by Whiffer Nippets because: added thoughts.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Call me paranoid or whatever, but...

I think they were on something.

How often do sober people park a BMW in a doorway? Right...

And leaving the scene? You know they are up to no good....

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

Christmas is a hard time for a lot of people, especially if they are alone...

I'm sorry about what happened

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Yeah, me too Dave. That's why it's nice to see people who do care and try to help. That's what it's all about and what we should do.

This beer's for YOU Joe!
I hope you are in a better place! (And if you've gone to Hell, I'll see ya there soon
)

edit on 27-12-2010 by Whiffer Nippets because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

That is the other thing I thought of but I couldn't think of any drug that would make you act in quite that way.
I guess taking some kind of dissociative would put you in a state where you didn't care that you crashed into a house, but if that was the case I would have thought there would be other signs of drug use.

The police did ask if they looked drunk and I had to honestly answer no

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Female drivers...........Sheesh

just kidding to all the females, I mean no harm.

Honestly as the new generations make themselves more noticeable, and I speak from experiences with my niece and nephew, I am finding a lack of respect that use to be there but is not anymore. I think you will find it with the paycheck collectors at your local stores, I.E. high schoolers working part time, and their lack of caring. This may not be it, but it also might be.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
every thought of maybe they're just too rich and spoilt to worry about anything?

An accident happened and their reaction was, "don't worry someone will sort this out for me".

...."i really need to party and a lil car crash ain't stoppin me!"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join