It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would love some answers and help please

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper12Kills

Ok, first off, I see a lot of incorrect info on this thread, so I'll help clarify.

Yes, agencies such as the CIA and NSA recruit in the normal fashion, but you can also seek them out yourselves, with surprising results. I, myself was able to get into a college trainee program many years ago in this manner. The program (due to the coup in Russia, and a change in presidency) was axed soon after (barely more than a month), so it was brief, but I do know a bit about it.

Additionally, these agencies have overt, in addition to covert, personnel, so for most, it is perfectly acceptable to tell their friends who they work for, and what they GENERALLY do for a living. In other words, you aren't going to see a CIA analyst telling his friends he's anything but a CIA analyst. But, he isn't going to tell you the contents of his daily report either.

Being bilingual, or versed in many languages isn't a requirement for every position, but it's certainly encouraged, and they will train. I was actually taking Russian at the time I was in the program (but of course, since it was axed, I never got any good at it).

Now, to the problem...

1) Why do YOU care? I suspect you're carrying a secret torch for this gal? (or your friend, who am I to know your inklings?). Your concern seems a bit much for just having a friend's interests at heart. (or, of course, YOU are the "friend").

2) There doesn't seem to be much evidence supporting her actually working for such an agency. The location, for one, seems suspect, as even as a trainee, we were required to periodically go to Langley (never got to though), and other such agencies are HQ'd in the same general area...not California. They do have branch offices all over though, but a theater degree? Unlikely. Generally, in civilian employees, they look for the sciences and engineering, IT type, or business degrees. I've NEVER seen an interest in theater degrees for such postings.

3) My gut (and the facts) point more towards her cheating on her boyfriend (and lamely at that). If she was TRULY covert, she'd have a cover job that you'd never even suspect (and credentials to back it). She wouldn't be allowed to tell you she was CIA/NSA, etc. if it was covert, and then let you wonder what she did. Kind of defeats the cover....no?

4) If you REALLY need to know, there are a variety of ways to find out. Check your area for "spy gadget" stores. Some keywords are personal investigation, private detective equipment, surveillance equipment, etc. May not be cheap, but you can actually purchase much of what the pros use, and do it yourself for much cheaper. If you have the time and means, rent a car and then tail her for a day or so. You'll soon get your answers. Or, if you can get her out of the room and leaving her cell behind, check for texts, voicemails, etc. These are just SOME ideas. I'm sure you can think of more. Heck, just watch an episode of Cheaters, and you'll get the drill.
edit on 27-12-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Thank you very much for all your help and info.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
You do not fool me... and this is a public forum...

My contribution was probably the most honest and helpful amongst the rest.

The truth... leads to the illumination of confusion and darkness... "the light"

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

Im glad you think so now go on somewhere

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper12Kills

One other note, these agencies pay WELL... Even in the trainee program, I was going to get a pretty good paycheck for my experience (at the time), which was pretty much right out of high school, so nil experience.

So, I'm sure if she really was working for such an agency, she'd probably be able to afford a better phone...in my humble opinion.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join