It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going to buy and test HDR time travel device (just talked to Stephen Gibbs)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I didn't realize you wanted me to make a step-by-step reply here. I don't have a problem doing that. I thought this post was well-written, so I said good reply... not sure why that provoked you to call me 15.

First off, I edited my post before I saw you had a reply, so don't worry we can work off of this no need to change anything.

You are correct, times ARE tough. I happened to get some Christmas money which makes it possible for me to spend the money on this device. I appreciate your advice about giving myself the money for Christmas, but honestly, I am interested in getting one of these suckers even if it doesn't work. I wish you luck this holiday season, btw, as well.

Yeah, I don't have far too much money, I just happen to have a bit more than I need at the moment, and I like to live simply, so I thought this was as good of a purchase as any. Low sense... I am going into this assuming there is a possibility of the guy being a scam artist, but that would be worth discovering too. On the other hand, I have a real interest in astral travel and metaphysics, so owning one of these things and having it work would be sweet.

All right, I admit. You do make a good case about it being total BS and I am convinced that you are just trying to save me $300.00. However, I'll go ahead with the purchase anyway.

After buying the thing, if it doesn't work, I'll let everyone know, and probably not take much stock in it.

However, if the device does work, I will be willing to provide whatever evidence you guys request in order to satisfy your skepticism unlike some people who might shy away or be all mystical about it. Let's say I make the claim the physical time travel works. Then you ask for video evidence. I'll get you video evidence. Or you ask me to make a thread a previous month, I'll do it.

Let's say I claim that the astral travel works, then you can ask me to visit a certain place or time and describe it, and I'll do it. That kind of thing.

Let us say that the device does work. Then there is the possibility that the overwhelming skepticism will completely saturate any of my successes, and at least I won't have to sort through the mess wondering whether or not the device works... and I won't be the one wondering "Hey is that guy making stuff up or not" for once.

edit on 27-12-2010 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Ahh...quite correct Alxandro..

If indeed it does work (uh-huh), then there should indeed be a new/old post here waiting for us to read.

*But*...what if our negative comments we have made here (and others *will* make here) have caused the OP to change his mind, and ask for his money back..soon? Then the post wouldn't be there.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Ha ha no negative comments will change my mind although I am surprised at how many there are.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I happened to get some Christmas money

Christmas money? But didn't you say that "Recent investments had panned out"?

What is it, Christmas money or successful investments?

Your surname doesn't happen to be Gibbs does it?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by spikey

Ha ha no negative comments will change my mind although I am surprised at how many there are.

Well then, that being the case, Alxandro has already pointed out, the device cannot work as there is no new/old thread posted by you, *before* you buy the device...see what we mean?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Let's say I claim that the astral travel works, then you can ask me to visit a certain place or time and describe it, and I'll do it. That kind of thing.

I had a workmate that was always saying he could travel Astrally, and went into great detail about it, what he did, how it felt, how clear and vivid what he saw was, how he could describes places and events he'd never physically been to etc..so i asked him to do exactly what you are proposing to do..i gave him my address and described the outside of my house to be sure he wouldn't get lost, and asked him to describe the inside of my house...guess what happened?

He said it didn't work.

Well..to say i wasn't surprised would be an understatement!

And then i said, well, do it anytime you feel you can, and describe my house...he *never* did.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

All right, it was Christmas money. However, there were also investments that allowed me to worry less about spending the Christmas money. Saying that recent investments panned out wasn't quite true, because the money from that hasn't materialized yet and there is the small chance that it won't - which means I'm just out Christmas money.

Okay guys... seriously... I am offering to buy one of these machines and test it. I would once again think that the members of ATS would appreciate someone spending their own money to do a little personal research and empirical testing.

I do appreciate the overwhelming majority of you who are trying to warn me of the fraud, thank you, point taken, but I'm an adventurous soul and I'm still moving forward with the plan.

I hope those of you who warned me not to buy will stick around for when I get the device so you can do your job as skeptics once I post results.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

If it turns out I can astral travel, then I'll get back to you in a private message and repeat the experiment; it will either work, or it will not work, and then we will know.

I'm more interested in an accurate result than an excuse.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

OK, fair enough about the money thing, but it's a little bit of a half truth isn't it..(the devil is in the detail and all that jazz), not a great way to start a threat and experiment that relies on total honesty for the most part really is it.

But anyway.

It's not just that people here are wishing to try and save you from a potential fraud, although that may well be the case for some posters, it's also that people wish to point out to other members who may be reading this thread who may well be quite unworldly and slightly gullible, that this could all be part of some elaborate scam instigated by the vendor him/herself.

It's classic marketing.

Highlight the product...tell others where to buy it and how much it costs, and what a small price it is to pay, for someone who has an 'adventurous spirit' to try out, and so on.

It just smacks a bit of an advertising ploy to me, but then i am quite a suspicious git when it comes to 'devices' being sold online, that purport to be able to propel a human being inter-dimensionally through time and space.

If it worked as described, it would seriously cut down on conventional global travel systems....

Sorry, but i do not buy it...and i certainly wouldn't advise anyone to actually *buy* it either...but good luck if you go ahead.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
So what. He spends 360 dollars, finds out it's a scam. Is so mad at himself for being fooled that he spends the rest of his days learning how to perfect the device - with the help of us brilliant ATS'ers - and we all end up millionaires.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

You can do that without the machine though. I have 4 books related to Astral travelling that don't even total $100.
Or, you cab simply make one of these machines yourself, cheaper. The site has the parts and there are video's of the system on Youtube.

Anyway, good luck.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

i rather spend my money on a so called time machine than on alcohol, drugs, dildos and burgers. He dares to do it and i say good luck. I cant wait to know how it will end up

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by _damon

All those things in your post work.

The HDR, well I guess it can be related it to the dildo because the OP will probably feel like he was screwed after he buys it!

edit on 27/12/10 by atlasastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Hey, if it works can you send me back Powerball numbers for next weeks lotto in Australia
It would be much appreciated!!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
It seems odd to me that the USA CIA would not have pony uped the mere $360.00 to get a hold of this device and time travel to the far future to the point that human technology mastered the practice of mind manipulation for their own devious benefits, oh, wait...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Have you ever astral traveled before? How do you know when/if you astral travel that it isn't just your inherent ability to do so?

How long till delivery? I'm excited

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Jesus, there really is one born every minute.

Hey buddy, I've got a chocolate teapot here, rarest in the world! You can have it now for only $500, get it while you can!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I have no problem with the OP's plans to buy this device and test it to see if it works. It's his money and his choice, and doubtless some of us have spent that amount of money (and more) on something like a laptop, TV or whatever device.

Okay, so some of you may now say: "There is no comparison! We know that new laptops, TV's etc etc actually work and so we're not being conned if we buy them!"

I agree: they work. I don't agree that it's not a con when we buy them. The average laptop with its US-brand or European-brand company name on it is most likely made in China (even if not "assembled" there but somewhere else), which is frankly a bit of a con in itself. But what's really a con is the markup on these kinds of products. A TV that costs (say) $500 retail would come in at around $200-250 wholesale, and the wholesaler probably bought it for around $150-200 from the importer who got it into the US F.O.B. for maybe no more than 100 bucks per unit. So, go back to Hong Kong or wherever that TV went out from and it was likely delivered to port for about 60 bucks per unit if straight from the factory.

And that factory, after buying in its raw materials and parts and having all the tooling set up, and paying wages all down the line to its staff (who usually earn a disgusting pittance) -- that factory still makes a profit, producing five-hundred-dollar TVs for a net cost of around 30 bucks.

Okay, so what the heck has that to do with a time machine?

The common argument against this OP, an ATS member who is willing to spend his own money to check something out, is that he will be conned and ripped off and will be throwing away his money.

Fair enough, maybe he'll be conned and ripped off. But at least he is fully aware of the fact the he could well be conned and ripped off.
We on the other hand -- all of us -- are being conned every damned day and being sold new goods that are deliberately designed to fail as soon as possible after the warranty runs out. Planned obsolescence: now there's a con if you want to talk about cons.

I say let the OP go for it. If it's a con he has something to sit on the mantelpiece and ponder over. That could lead anywhere, and maybe lead somewhere positive.

I once read a story about a guyt who was trying to build a time machine but he just couldn't figure one crucial piece to make it go. He told his (supportive) friends that he was giving up as he could never work it out. So his friends got together and hired a student of acting (I think) to visit the guy and pretend to be from the future. They fitted him out with slightly weird clothes, helped him set up some decent storylines -- and waited for a stormy night.

So, the young actor guy rolls up to the guy's house and rings the bell, and when said guy opens the door he says something like: "I am from the future but without your help, we may soon cease to exist!"

It goes from there...
Long story (my apologies) short (breath sigh of relief), the guy gets convinced that as he did create the time machine that the young actor dude used to come back and visit him, then he must be able to work out the problem.

Month later, he figures it out...

The moral? Just the very act of searching for something, or seeking to create a new device of some kind, actually vastly imporves the chances of such a device eventually being made, or the thing sought after being found. Denying that such a thing is possible -- or simply that as all such other things have been cons, this one must therefore also be a con -- is not only counter-productive but is the antithesis of our spirit.

If you've read this far then you must either be very patient or perhaps bored. But yes, there is more:

There have been demands (or strong suggestions) in this thread that the OP should go back in time to a month ago and post a thread to prove that this time machine works.

If he does that, I hope you accept the possibility that the very act of doing so would either make this particular timeline different, or place the OP on another alternative time line in which he does get the machine to work. I'm not saying that this is what will happen, please note. I am saying that we need to accept the possibility. The only alternative is to argue for an existence where only one timeline exists and there are not and cannot be any other ones.

The problem is, that if there is only one time line then it leaves only two options: the OP goes back in time and writes a new thread to prove he went back, but in the here and now that thread does not exist, because if it did we wouldn't need to be asking for it right now! The other alternative (assumptive of the time machine working, I mean) is that the OP goes back in time and does his post to prove etc etc, then that creates a change in the time line and so we are not even discussing this issue in exactly this way. We are also not aware that there has been any change.

However, if there are alternative timelines then there can only be an infinite number of them. To limit their number to three or six or 122,888 or whatever would place a limit on the possible variations that devolve from every interaction of energy/space/mass etc every infinitissimally small fraction of a second.

Anyhow I'll leave it with you. OP: go for it and good luck. At least you're doing something.

Mike

edit on 27/12/10 by JustMike because: Left out a word. Yes, there are typos and some errors of syntax that I've now noticed but I feel poorly today so you may mentally correct them youselves.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
If it works, come back and start this thread about this before this one was started.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
That guy is taking advantage of you. Even though its an interesting theory.

Something tells me this guy is really a scammer.

If it is for real, i don't think he would be able to live to tell the tale because he would be stuck in some other reality or dimension.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join