It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going to buy and test HDR time travel device (just talked to Stephen Gibbs)

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This reminds me of the show Fringe. They used psychotropics, more specifically '___', to travel between parallel universes. Maybe the effects of this time machine could be amplified the same way?
edit on 18-1-2011 by strato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Ive been an avid watcher of Fringe and I think a lot of the happenings on that show could or are happening in real life. Just like the show "V" i believe both are a part of desensitizing the population for what is to come.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by strato

Dear God NO! This is dangerous enough!

Darkbake, please keep copious and exact notes should you need to re-trace your steps. I am warning you again, this is very dangerous, you can exist and leave yourself on more than one time line and in any dimension. That's the reason he says to stay away from your "selves"...the fool. And then...multi-dimensional time travel with the addition of chemical (or otherwise) mindexpanders...this is sheer lunacy! Never!

Concern for you is overwhelming me and, everyone on this thread is pushing you on...karma for all I can assure you, especially the purveyor of this device.

Please do not do this.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
TO Angelwranger:

Your warning comes as if you have experienced the machine or some sort of time travel before. If so please fill us all in.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench30
I know that cell tower signals can be blocked due to mountains etc.

Kinda, really depends on the Sun, the weather, and several other minor things. I have had service in the Ortegas (small range of mountain/hills here in So Cal) on some days, and on other days (and almost every night) no service.

Could you ask Mr. Gibbs if that means the "portal" is opening and closing throughout the day? (That is a serious question, not smarmy or snide
)

I could see the Sun and other variables, affecting (effecting?) the supposed "portals" (Sorry I can not remember the exact term that is being used, again not being smarmy
)

PS I would call myself, but I am a skeptic. And, experience tells me that my type is not well recieved. If you do not wish to call/ask I completely understand.

When speaking with Steven Gibbs he explained it as such....finding a spot that has no cell service so that type of energy is blocked and not in the way of the machine operating.

I really beg you guys to bear with me.

Think about what he is saying, in this day-and-age what are the chances of finding a "dead zone" in a major outlet? I know if you get deep enough underground (basement usually is far enough) OR deep enough inside of a building, you lose all service. So my next question, does this make basements (IE underground) and deep inside buildings; does this make those "portals" as well? (Again honest question.)

1) Government secrets like to be underground
2) Government secrets like to be deep in buildings

I have seen speculation that government plays with the idea (or actually has) time travel.

(I am trying to show that I am a "good skeptic"
)

I want to repeat that I HAVE NOT used the machine nor do i have one in my possession...

I hope this was not in response to my "smelling a sales pitch". You are not the OPer, and that comment was directed that way.

(Also, that comment is my opinion. And my opinion can (and is alot!) wrong

Like I said earlier, I wanted to keep my eye on this thread. And I was tired of searching for it, so I decided to contribute (as best as I could)

When the "other thread" is started, I am going to ask for pictures and more details of "trips". Though I am kinda asking now, can you "open" the machine so we can see inside? (No is super cool, I wouldn't want to break that kind of money either
)

Anyway, I will look forward to this thread. Hoax, sales pitch, or true! I am growing tired of "darn America" and "we are all gonna die" threads.

EDIT--
Pretend all "portals" are "vortices"
edit on 1/18/2011 by adigregorio because: Yes, I had too look up vortices in the dictionary. Vortexes count too apparently.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Just to verify this isn't a hoax thread and since you said you now have the device, could you post pictures of it? And if you do get it to work I don't know how you're going to prove that but this is a start.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
hi guys, so can someone pm me if this works or no? thanks

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Pictures are on the net....just google Steven Gibbs and HDR and it will come up. Theres even Youtube videos of it.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

Oh yeah that's what I should do ...throw more ATSers on the barbee! Of course, everyone has responded so well, Darkbake in the center ring...Barnum and Bailey's circus of Stars about to go Red Dwarf. I have done some thread research...look at you all...21 pages of jests, goads, disbelief, hoax accusations, whines to Darkbake. "Where are you? Why have you not checked in? This is some kind of sales pitch." Dear God, really...and somewhere on this thread I should talk to you all about time travel. That train left the station when you all decided Darkbake should be the specimen, the bait, the "we experiment on animals" portion of the label.

Wow, a few of you picked up the phone called the lunatic who put this POS on the market. And everyone decided he had such validity, because..."God has blessed this machine"..well, heads up peeps..running into multiple versions of yourself signifies GOD HAS NOT BLESSED THIS MACHINE! Basic physics and a modicum... a MODICUM of calculus will reveal this to you!

And now, because you do not study, this does not stand out as the horrific experiment it is. Ask your ATS brother Darkbake, NOT to to do this, or face the consequences. Romans at the Coliseum.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Pictures are on the net....just google Steven Gibbs and HDR and it will come up. Theres even Youtube videos of it.

I know what the HDR looks like, the point of him posting the pictures of his own HDR is to verify he paid the $360 for one.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I actually havent bought one and am doing my own research at this time. Seems more risky than plausable right now so im going to back off of the idea. Anyone who does happen to go through with it please let me know.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I did kind of chuckle along with these guys, calling up the "Steve Gibbs" I assume. I almost feel kinda bad for the guy when the other people in the background were practically giggling like school girls! lol.

It seems Gibbs is consistent with his stories, perhaps reading off a script? This guy has the whole "1977" thing down pact. As a few other posters mentioned, he tells the caller about destruction in 2012 and an alien race attacking us, etc. I can't help but wonder if this dude is truly insane though.

Btw, hey darkbake!! Hope you come through and give us a real genuine rundown on the device and tell us your experiences the best way you can! We (or most of us I guess) don't necessarily expect you to come up with a story about how you traveled to the year 3000 and got to see the latest "iPhone 2993" or anything. Thanks for sharing anyway.

edit on 19-1-2011 by LiQuiD_FuSioN because: Whoops, trying to get the YT link to work.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by angelwrangler

Whoa, Hold on there hotrod! I mean angelwragler,
Your "research" is going to get you in trouble. First, your comment above inwhich you were addressing MonkeyWrench30, I have also been keeping track of this thread and darn if I could remember anything that MonkeyWrench30 might have said that would warrant a response as yours.
Well After doing a tad bit of research of my own I do believe you have addressed the wrong person. I believe it would be Stratos the you were referring to. If I have deduced this correctly you might want to acknowledge it to Mr. MonkeyWrench30.
If your anxiety in the above statement is due to what Statos said about drug enhancing any effects or experiences while using this device, I stand firmly behind you but you might want to devulge the reason why you're so adament about this.
As for myself, my reasons, as I do believe I stated earlier in this thread, go along the lines of the power of the human mind. If this form of time travel is achievable, why would you want it enhanced?
You would be using parts of that other 90% of grey matter that we don't know anything about. That would be an enhancement in itself.

I have done some thread research...look at you all...21 pages of jests, goads, disbelief, hoax accusations, whines to Darkbake. "Where are you? Why have you not checked in? This is some kind of sales pitch."

Uhh, don't speed read, you lose the context of writing. Darkbake has checked in( pg 20, 1/2 way down)

So far, nothing of interest from the device. It definitely works (by that I mean the electromagnet functions, and all the knobs, etc) and I think there is potential, especially if someone was more practiced in astral travel and OBE's. I am going to keep on working with the device and report more once I have something worth reporting.

I don't know about you, but between you and I, this has to be the worst sales pitch I 've heard.

and somewhere on this thread I should talk to you all about time travel.

Please do. I enjoy entertaining other people's thoughts and ideas.

That train left the station when you all decided Darkbake should be the specimen, the bait, the "we experiment on animals" portion of the label.

Excues me but I do believe this IS his thread so we are really just guest attending his party. This member is a grown adult and is trying to prove or disprove this device as he stated in his opening dialog-

The $360 I am spending is completely worthwhile to me, because I will be able to determine for myself whether or not this is a hoax by first-hand experience, and if it works, I will be able to conduct more research along many different lines and report it here and start accepting requests for research.

I can go on but I do have just one more of your statements I'd like to address-

And now, because you do not study, this does not stand out as the horrific experiment it is. Ask your ATS brother Darkbake, NOT to to do this, or face the consequences. Romans at the Coliseum.

Would you mind elaborating on this?
I think I can speak for some of the other members who are following this thread when I say that this IS the study. Darkbake is a fellow member of ATS, thusly it could be assumed that he is of like-mind. Now I for one would much rather gain my studies from somebody that I feel abit more comfortable with and know they have to have some sort of credibility to even be here on ATS rather than get information from who-knows-who out there from who-knows-where.
edit on 19-1-2011 by geo1066 because: sp?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

i think you are the real lunatic here. If you cant prove what you claim, you are of no interest to me.

I am warning you again, this is very dangerous, you can exist and leave yourself on more than one time line and in any dimension.

You spill this # but if you cant explain yourself you are just another troll maybe religious fanatic which is even worse.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by geo1066

If your anxiety in the above statement is due to what Statos said about drug enhancing any effects or experiences while using this device, I stand firmly behind you but you might want to devulge the reason why you're so adament about this.

I thought I should point out discussing drug use (if illegal) is against the T&C, this is why I avoided talking about that (those) point (points).

As for myself, my reasons, as I do believe I stated earlier in this thread, go along the lines of the power of the human mind. If this form of time travel is achievable, why would you want it enhanced?

HA! This is pretty much what I was thinking, pretty much...

My thought:
"How do you enhance time travel?"

I mean, either you travel in time or not, right? Or is the enhancement like traveling in a limo? How is it different than riding in a pinto? (Other than explosions...) Anyway, spot on! Drugs only enhance their respective addictions. (Honest!)
Reader forwarning, you may want to check my post history before challenging the claim above

You would be using parts of that other 90% of grey matter that we don't know anything about. That would be an enhancement in itself.

I have to stop you here, just for a second:

Claim: We use only ten percent of our brains.

Someone has taken most of your brain away and you probably didn't even know it. Well, not taken your brain away, exactly, but decided that you don't use it. It's the old myth heard time and again about how people use only ten percent of their brains. While for the people who repeat that myth, it's probably true, the rest of us happily use all of our brains...

...One reason this myth has endured is that it has been adopted by psychics and other paranormal pushers to explain psychic powers. On more than one occasion I've heard psychics tell their audiences, "We only use ten percent of our minds. If scientists don't know what we do with the other ninety percent, it must be used for psychic powers!"...

The argument that psychic powers come from the unused majority of the brain is based on the logical fallacy of the argument from ignorance. In this fallacy, lack of proof for a position (or simply lack of information) is used to try to support a particular claim. Even if it were true that the vast majority of the human mind is unused (which it clearly is not), that fact in no way implies that any extra capacity could somehow give people paranormal powers...

EDIT-this is what a link to Snopes.com looks like.

Sorry, that 10% brain myth is something that bothers me.

I have done some thread research...look at you all...21 pages of jests, goads, disbelief, hoax accusations, whines to Darkbake. "Where are you? Why have you not checked in? This is some kind of sales pitch."

Uhh, don't speed read, you lose the context of writing. Darkbake has checked in( pg 20, 1/2 way down)

You may want to go back and see exactly what Darkbake "checked in" with:

Originally posted by darkbake
So far, nothing of interest from the device. It definitely works (by that I mean the electromagnet functions, and all the knobs, etc) and I think there is potential, especially if someone was more practiced in astral travel and OBE's. I am going to keep on working with the device and report more once I have something worth reporting...

As you can see the machine "works", and is uninteresting. (Right?)

...I did have one accidental success from the device. I "woke up" (false awakened) from a dream, and set the device for 1998. Then I meditated and ended up in 1998, and walked around, checking out my middle school and the town back then. I don't count that as a success because it was completely accidental and uncontrolled and unverifiable...

Yeah, accidental time travel is pretty uninteresting, isn't it?

This is where I started smelling a sales pitch, you don't say "This is unintersting, oh by the way it helps you travel through time!" Well, you do if you want to get people to start clamoring for evidence, and other publicity type items.

So far, nothing of interest from the device. It definitely works (by that I mean the electromagnet functions, and all the knobs, etc) and I think there is potential, especially if someone was more practiced in astral travel and OBE's. I am going to keep on working with the device and report more once I have something worth reporting.

I don't know about you, but between you and I, this has to be the worst sales pitch I 've heard.

Yeah, that is pretty bad. But the next paragraph talking about how it "accidentally worked" THAT is where the pitch starts, in continues here:

I will keep everyone updated on this thread, however when I have some results worth posting, I will create a new thread.

This is a "drag it out", you see it all the time in the UFO boards. "I have more pictures, but I am going to wait to show them. Furthermore, "results worth posting"?!?! What about that "accidental success" taking you to 1998? I know what happened to it, it is being saved for when this thread starts to flail. Then it will be time for that "new thread" with "new advertisiments".

Sorry, this whole thing smells like a bait and switch to me. ATS norm, why it is being challenged I do not know. Especially when it took the OPer TWENTY (and a half) PAGES to come back with "more info"...

Yeah, I better stop before I go too deep into my position. I need to have some "aces up my sleeve" for when (IF) the OPer comes back to this thread. Of course, I will keep my eyes open for the "new thread" too. Many questions, hopefully many answers to go with them.
edit on 1/19/2011 by adigregorio because: Zelda needed rescuing, again. Link needs a lesson from Xandir! (Technically Captain Hero)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

Bless you, MonkeyWrench30. I am breathing better now.

Darkbake, take note!

The rest of you with the self-righteous indignation, I will do whatever I have to do to keep people from harm. In this area, I know what I am talking about.

The rest of the time I pretty much sound like the fool, village idiot. But not today, not on this thread.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
So no one on here has ever used the machine? WE need testimonials! One shouldn't come on here saying they have this big experiment planned and then not deliver. Credibility.......we're after credibility.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Well, I might be gullible but I found the premise behind the OP's experiment interesting. I hadn't read anything about the HDR machine prior to today. I wouldn't expect it to be capable of "physical" time travel but the idea of it being used for a tool for astral projection / OOBE seems like a possibility, although I'm not overly familiar with it either.

I can understand why people are trying to dissuade him but commend him for continuing along with it anyway.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Ahh.. to be 'Politically correct", I do stand corrected. Let me edit my previous statement.

How about instead of-

You would be using parts of that other 90% of grey matter that we don't know anything about. That would be an enhancement in itself

I go with this-

You would be using more of the [i]full potential [/i]of grey matter that we don't [i]take advantage of[/i]. That would be an enhancement in itself

Thanks adigregorio, the !0% is a myth but back when I was in school, it was stated as fact. That was when I had to walk ten miles, barefoot, through briars, fightin' off tigers and dinosaurs, all just to get a edgumacation!

I think you might enjoy this link that you imposed on me to find in the attempt to disprove you. It's a debate, not too strong for my previous statement mind you, but it does get a few licks in-

www.helium.com...

As for the sales pitch part, Those were of my opinion and I'm guessing that I must not be a very saleable person. Matter of fact, I'm not. I tend to always look for an angle on anything that is told to me. It's not being distrustful, it's more of just trying to figure others out.

The subject interest me greatly but, and that's a BIG but, there's more than enough going on in my own little world that I have absolutely no desire what-so-ever to travel into space/time. (did enough of that in my teenage years..see above about tigers and dinosaurs)

Thank you adigregorio for challeging me.

You have allowed me to "use more of my brain's potential!" ...lol

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join