It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going to buy and test HDR time travel device (just talked to Stephen Gibbs)

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I thought the point of this thread was that other people won't have to buy it to see whether or not it works, because the OP was going to take care of it.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
I thought the point of this thread was that other people won't have to buy it to see whether or not it works, because the OP was going to take care of it.

bingo !!! already had to say the same... something says me that we will not see any proofs of time travel, but topic will grow with more amazing stories heared by the phone

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench30
....I asked him about the Time Traveler Hipster from the picture in 1941 and he said that is a valid picture and he is a time traveler....

This part gives me pause...
...there was NOTHING about the guy in that photo that made him out-of-place time wise.

The man's glasses are common leather-sided sunglasses that were popular in the 1940s (They were called "Steampunk Goggles").
Vintage Aviator/Motorcycle Sunglasses with Leather Sides

The man's shirt was just like any other college (or high school) "Letter Sweater" that were popular in the 1940s.
Sweater with Letter Graphic, 1941 Comic Book

The man is holding what looks to be a 1940s-vintage camera.

The man's haircut was common among younger people at the time. Here's a picture of Mickey Rooney from the Movie "Boystown" in 1938...similar haircut:
1938 Haircut
Here's 1940s football player Elroy Hirsch:
Football Player Elroy Hirsch, 1940s

Sure, the young man looks out-of-place compared to all of the stodgy old fogies in the picture, but no more out-of-place that a 2011 hipster would be at his 60-year old aunt's birthday party, compared to other stodgy people from 2011 who may be in attendance.

Go out and look on any city street today and you'll see people whose style is much "hipper" than other people around him.

I question the validity of people who try to use that photo as evidence of time travel. The photo is meaningless in that respect.

edit on 1/14/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Hi, I was wondering if you are still feeling ok enough to make it back to the computer?. Please let us know the outcome. Even if it didn't work as planned or didn't work at all ,Its still very brave of you to put those energy fields around your head.
I have been reading those blogs from extrememind and have found them most intresting , expecially the results they have had with their radionics machines.
I hope your not out of your body and can't get back in and your wasting away in a chair with that contraption on your head......oh my !

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
No i still havent purchased the machine yet because I am doing all the research to cover my bases first. haha To the debunker of the time traveler....I said the exact same thing to him about the clothing and sun glasses being a part of the time period. Gibb's response was that he is also in another photo and obviously travels time regularly, so why wouldnt he try to fit in even if it looks like he doesnt. I dont know exactly where he was going with that but that was the explanation i got.

Honestly, I was a very big skeptic before i called and spoke directly to the man about his machine. Just for information purposes i would suggest giving him a call. Its definitely an intriguing conversation to say the least. His number is easily accessible. You can google it by just typing his name "Steven Gibbs" and "phone number".

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Thank you Monkeywrench30, DJM8507 and to the others that have contributed recently to this thread. Alot more like the ATS I know.

I believe that the power of the mind will and cannot ever be fully understood. The more secrets that get revealed just gives 10 more questions that need answered. With that said, I'm a firm believer that anything is possible.

Now to try to grasp this concept with my presently limited mind, I would think that astral projection is achievable but the actual physical travel couldn't be achieved. Stay with me here, As was stated in the OP-

For those of you who don't know, Steven Gibbs lives in Kansas and for about twenty years has been selling a device that you hook up to your stomach chakra. The device uses magnetic fields to manipulate your mind and body's energy field in order to allow you to travel through time. I have long thought that time travel was entirely possible through out of body experiences and meditation, and have wanted to pursue that avenue of research in a scientific manner. From what I have read and hypothesized so far, Mr. Gibbs device has the possibility of working fine for that.

Okay, now I can grasp that but this is where I have the blockage-

What is even more interesting is that he claims (I just talked to him over the phone a few minutes ago) that his device allows you to travel physically through time as long as you are over an energy vortex.

Would this be saying that your 'one' physical self leaves your present time and materializes in another? Or you're physically in two demensions at once. This could easily be proven. Now Gibbs expressed that you can leave with material things but you can't come back with anything that you picked up-

I do hear your point on proof. One thing he did mention to me was that you can bring stuff with you when you travel but bringing stuff back is hard because it can dematerialize with time. Example he gave me was money. Everytime he brings money he comes back and its ripped up or torn in pieces and not useful anymore. But proof would be nice!

This I think stays along the lines of astral projection being that you're experience would be a "figment of your imagination" so to speak. Now astral projection would also explain why he couldn't bring anything back because although he is pysically there in his mind, he's not... whoops! Excues me, brain fart... Okay let me go to something else-

He said after using the machine a few times your own reality will alter a bit with each time travel you take. Nothing bad but small things like the color of your car will change, you might have a different pet, or you might live in a different place than before but at the same address.

I BET ! To be able to project one's self would definitely twist the ol' noodle. You'd get stuck on that old commercial jingle " Is it live or is it Memorex".

Man I got to go take a nap or go to work or something, I got steam coming out of my ears.

When I check back maybe some of you can help me sort this out a little at a time.

Thx- geo

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Hey Op, did you experiment with the device?

If you have traveled beyond December 2012, then please inform us how the earth and human civilization (if any) look?

Kind regards.

edit on 16-1-2011 by cybernetic_dude because: typo

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
How did it go?

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Any updates on your respected experiment?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JulianAssange

Hey everyone,
Yes, I have some updates on the experiment. I have received the device in the mail and have been testing it in my room, which is not a vortex, so physical time travel would not happen there according to the instruction manual. I have been wanting to test the device on OBE and astral travel experiences but have been too stressed lately and haven't gotten on a good sleep schedule yet.

So far, nothing of interest from the device. It definitely works (by that I mean the electromagnet functions, and all the knobs, etc) and I think there is potential, especially if someone was more practiced in astral travel and OBE's. I am going to keep on working with the device and report more once I have something worth reporting.

I did have one accidental success from the device. I "woke up" (false awakened) from a dream, and set the device for 1998. Then I meditated and ended up in 1998, and walked around, checking out my middle school and the town back then. I don't count that as a success because it was completely accidental and uncontrolled and unverifiable.

I am going to try and test the device in conjunction with some binaural beats that are supposed to help with lucid dreaming. I think this week I might as well find a vortex and test the device for physical time travel, I haven't tried that yet.

I will keep everyone updated on this thread, however when I have some results worth posting, I will create a new thread.

I have written out a fairly simple lucid dreaming experiment (complete with hypothesis, materials, procedures, etc) to start out with using the binaural beats and reporting on the lucid dreaming with a dream journal. This is a segway into time travel experiments, btw, I just want to be thorough. I am starting without the machine, and if I get success, will add the machine to this. I apologize for taking a while.

I will do an attempt at physical time travel this week.

By the way, are you the Julian Assange? I have to ask.

edit on 18-1-2011 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I think this sounds a bit dodgy to say the least. If such a machine was invented, then i am sure that news would spread very quick, and not just be selling to random people on the internet.

Also, i think some people want to believe it so much that they imagine they went back in time, and really believe that they did.

I think there is always money to be made on stuff like this because people will always buy it

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

If such a machine was invented, then i am sure that news would spread very quick,
reply to post by Jay-morris

I really can't agree with that. How would the news spread? You can't be suggesting that the MSM is going to do it. This is why I enjoy ATS so much. You find out about current events which the MSM didn't cover, possible future events which I'd have to say that some have come to past and events that are from the past that have just now come to light which if were wide spread through the media, could possibly change how the world acts as we know it.

TextAlso, i think some people want to believe it so much that they imagine they went back in time, and really believe that they did.

As of now, I agree with you. If you believe in it hard enough, it has to be true. A good example would be UFOs and close encounters. As far as myself, I tend to side with " If it didn't happen to me, it ain't so" but I do keep an open mind for "jus' in case".

I think there is always money to be made on stuff like this because people will always buy it

That reminds me, I completely forgot to feed my pet rocks! Thanks.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Right off the bat, I can certainly guarantee that you will succeed in OBE time travel.
Don't count on physical time travel.
Oh and please travel to the future so you can make another thread in Prediction/ or 2012.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

Lets just say i bought the device, and it worked. The first thing i would do is show people and let them have a go. Then they would be interested and also buy one because of the experience. This would spread like wild fire if the device works. The inventer would not even have to do much marketing after a while. This is why i think it does not work, and i believe that people who say it does work, are getting reality and their imagination mixed up.

And the paranormal is a huge market to make money, because there are so many people who wnat to believe, and are willing to spend the money on dvd's,books and devices. Thats just the way it is im afraid

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
To the user above who has purchased the machine and is looking to just utilize it for Astral purposes....when speaking with Steven Gibbs he said finding that vortex is easy. Take a cell phone and find a spot where you get no service and that is essentially your empty energy vortex to use. I plan on getting this machine soon so any feedback that you can give me would be great.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Okay, I see your point but let me ask you this-

Let's say that I have such a device and it worked, firstly I would be so entralled with the experience that the furthest thing on my mind would be to travel in time just to try to prove to the world that it can be done. Myself personally, would do it for my own experiences. Call it selfishness. But let's say that I am going to attempt to try and prove this to you,"How would you suggest that I do this?"

If I traveled to the past and left you some sort of sign that I was there and came back to the present and pointed it out to you saying "I did that." You would probably just look at me and ask "What the heck are you talking about? It's always been that way."

So I go to the future and plant a sign for you so that you may believe that I'm not some sort of fruit-loop and time travel can be achieved. I come back to the present and I make my prediction. Two things can happen, first is that I told you what was about to transpire and now you are aware of it so you are concurrently deducing how such an event is taking place in which by knowing you either change the outcome or you write it off for me only knowing about it because of the chain of events leading to this 'sign' would only be the natural outcome.
How about if I left some sort of dramatic sign. I couldn't. Again, If you were aware of it and this being even more exciting, you're really going to be anticipating this. Believer or not, such an event could and probably would be altered.

It's a paradox.

Now let's go a more simple and direct route.
If you believe in what I'm saying, I don't have to prove anything to you because there is nothing to prove.

Now if your sceptical about this, "Are you actually going to wrap your head in wires and plug it into the wall? Are you nuts!?"

...ahh.. the deliema..hmmm..

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench30
...Steven Gibbs he said finding that vortex is easy. Take a cell phone and find a spot where you get no service and that is essentially your empty energy vortex to use...

Which carrier? Does AT&T have to have zero bars? Or is it Sprint that has to have no service? Maybe Boost? Or Cingular (I think they are AT&T now though.)? Do you have to have zero service on every type of carrier?

I mean cell towers don't carry all providers, though they do carry many at once. Not to mention how they hide them now, trees, churches, etc.

See, I think this specific part is the flaw. He doesn't know anything about cell coverage, so he used "holes" as the label for a "vortex". (Can you hear me teleport now?)

I have been following this thread for a long time, though it is starting to sound like a way to advertise this machine (now). I will keep my eyes on this thread; obviously I would find time travel highly enjoyable. If a god can teach some guy how to make a magic box, then I can make a magic box.

(Though I do worry, cell coverage is increasing every day. I am going to have to go into a basement just to travel, and I am in California! You know how hard it is to find a basement here???)
edit on 1/18/2011 by adigregorio because: threa; (to) thread;

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

MonkeyWrench,

Just to stay un-bias, consider your possible area for a vortex.

Where I live we have many 'dead spots' but these are due to the signal being blocked by the mountains and valleys around or being in such a vast and sparsely populated area, I may be between 'service zones'. If you find an area where there is no reasonable explanation why you're not getting a signal, that area may have potential.

Having just wrote that and thinking about it, I do know of an area like that. This area is loaded with magnatite.
It's funny, you can have 4/5 bars showing and all of a sudden you get dropped with no bars or you'll have 4/5 bars only if you stand on one leg facing north with your finger pointing south. Or is it the other way around?

One more oddity about this area- Its the only east/west mountain range in North America.
edit on 18-1-2011 by geo1066 because: trivia

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Hi Darkbake

Can you provide some more information on what you said;

I did have one accidental success from the device. I "woke up" (false awakened) from a dream, and set the device for 1998. Then I meditated and ended up in 1998, and walked around, checking out my middle school and the town back then. I don't count that as a success because it was completely accidental and uncontrolled and unverifiable

Are you saying that you dreamed it all as it was a false awakening within a dream ? Just confused as to whether it happened

I wouldn't worry about not being experienced at OBE's, if the machine works as stated then you would have a OBE regardless.

The only way to find out is to keep sticking it on your head and trying.

It would be great if you could upload a video of the device, and of you using it. Even if it produces no results it would be great to document for ATS.

Remember you set out to put the record straight about this device in the name of science.

If it doesn't work and turns out to be baloney, then you get my personal and sincere thanks for investing your money and time in putting this to bed once and for all, period.

If it does work then great.

Either way you will be respected, so please do share the truth and grant us closure

Regards

Red

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I know that cell tower signals can be blocked due to mountains etc. When speaking with Steven Gibbs he explained it as such....finding a spot that has no cell service so that type of energy is blocked and not in the way of the machine operating.

I want to repeat that I HAVE NOT used the machine nor do i have one in my possession. Im simply stating what the man has told me in phone conversation. I would love to hear more feedback from the members above who claim to be using the machine at the current time.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join