It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going to buy and test HDR time travel device (just talked to Stephen Gibbs)

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Your post is just one of the reasons why people hesitate to make "out there" claims anymore...:shk:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795
[more
I'm more concerned for the guys health than the money, maybe I shouldn't be, it's not my brain, but with possible scrambled and fried brain cells, you should take a few considerations into account. EMF's transmitted around your brain is not a good thing at some levels. We used to live real close to some power lines that were well above EMF allowable levels, you could get shocked washing your car under them, so my friend found out. Why voluntarily subject your self to such unknown risk? Couldn't you just wrap an extension cord around your head or christmas lights(for the holidays) put a dimmer on it to control output and get close to same results?

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
I have no problem with the OP's plans to buy this device and test it to see if it works. It's his money and his choice, and doubtless some of us have spent that amount of money (and more) on something like a laptop, TV or whatever device.

Okay, so some of you may now say: "There is no comparison! We know that new laptops, TV's etc etc actually work and so we're not being conned if we buy them!"

I agree: they work. I don't agree that it's not a con when we buy them. The average laptop with its US-brand or European-brand company name on it is most likely made in China (even if not "assembled" there but somewhere else), which is frankly a bit of a con in itself. But what's really a con is the markup on these kinds of products. A TV that costs (say) $500 retail would come in at around $200-250 wholesale, and the wholesaler probably bought it for around $150-200 from the importer who got it into the US F.O.B. for maybe no more than 100 bucks per unit. So, go back to Hong Kong or wherever that TV went out from and it was likely delivered to port for about 60 bucks per unit if straight from the factory.

And that factory, after buying in its raw materials and parts and having all the tooling set up, and paying wages all down the line to its staff (who usually earn a disgusting pittance) -- that factory still makes a profit, producing five-hundred-dollar TVs for a net cost of around 30 bucks.

Okay, so what the heck has that to do with a time machine?

The common argument against this OP, an ATS member who is willing to spend his own money to check something out, is that he will be conned and ripped off and will be throwing away his money.

Fair enough, maybe he'll be conned and ripped off. But at least he is fully aware of the fact the he could well be conned and ripped off.
We on the other hand -- all of us -- are being conned every damned day and being sold new goods that are deliberately designed to fail as soon as possible after the warranty runs out. Planned obsolescence: now there's a con if you want to talk about cons.

I say let the OP go for it. If it's a con he has something to sit on the mantelpiece and ponder over. That could lead anywhere, and maybe lead somewhere positive.

I once read a story about a guyt who was trying to build a time machine but he just couldn't figure one crucial piece to make it go. He told his (supportive) friends that he was giving up as he could never work it out. So his friends got together and hired a student of acting (I think) to visit the guy and pretend to be from the future. They fitted him out with slightly weird clothes, helped him set up some decent storylines -- and waited for a stormy night.

So, the young actor guy rolls up to the guy's house and rings the bell, and when said guy opens the door he says something like: "I am from the future but without your help, we may soon cease to exist!"

It goes from there...
Long story (my apologies) short (breath sigh of relief), the guy gets convinced that as he did create the time machine that the young actor dude used to come back and visit him, then he must be able to work out the problem.

Month later, he figures it out...

The moral? Just the very act of searching for something, or seeking to create a new device of some kind, actually vastly imporves the chances of such a device eventually being made, or the thing sought after being found. Denying that such a thing is possible -- or simply that as all such other things have been cons, this one must therefore also be a con -- is not only counter-productive but is the antithesis of our spirit.

If you've read this far then you must either be very patient or perhaps bored. But yes, there is more:

There have been demands (or strong suggestions) in this thread that the OP should go back in time to a month ago and post a thread to prove that this time machine works.

If he does that, I hope you accept the possibility that the very act of doing so would either make this particular timeline different, or place the OP on another alternative time line in which he does get the machine to work. I'm not saying that this is what will happen, please note. I am saying that we need to accept the possibility. The only alternative is to argue for an existence where only one timeline exists and there are not and cannot be any other ones.

The problem is, that if there is only one time line then it leaves only two options: the OP goes back in time and writes a new thread to prove he went back, but in the here and now that thread does not exist, because if it did we wouldn't need to be asking for it right now! The other alternative (assumptive of the time machine working, I mean) is that the OP goes back in time and does his post to prove etc etc, then that creates a change in the time line and so we are not even discussing this issue in exactly this way. We are also not aware that there has been any change.

However, if there are alternative timelines then there can only be an infinite number of them. To limit their number to three or six or 122,888 or whatever would place a limit on the possible variations that devolve from every interaction of energy/space/mass etc every infinitissimally small fraction of a second.

Anyhow I'll leave it with you. OP: go for it and good luck. At least you're doing something.

Mike

edit on 27/12/10 by JustMike because: Left out a word. Yes, there are typos and some errors of syntax that I've now noticed but I feel poorly today so you may mentally correct them youselves.

The best reply i have herd on this subject. You sound like a very intelligent person.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I just looked at pictures of this device and its look really simular to the one on Napoleon Dynamite. You sure you dont want to go back in time for another chance at the big game?

Good luck!
edit on 2-1-2011 by Ebravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DutchBigBoy
reply to post by SuperManny

So in other words you can see the timeline of others? Is it possible for you to see mine too? Maybe even surroundings of where I am living?

If you are willing, I could give it a shot. I am planning to start my experiments with some simple lucid dream and OBE stuff, and eventually try things like this.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The majority of 18 pages of so called 'members' ridiculing the OP for actually finding the truth for himself!

I've been trying to figure out if it was just me or has ATS slipped some way to where I really don't get as interested in the threads as I use to. Now I know, But first, to stay on topic-

I firmly back up the OP and his decision to seek the truth the way that he is. The so called "truth and facts" that people believe is achived how? The same way the OP is. The big difference is the OP is a member of our group which should give him acreditation whereas other's beliefs come from some name.

As far as the ones who are insistent on giving advice on how one should live - Are you all the same ones that complain that the government has too much control over our personal lives or do you agree that they should tell us more of what we can and cannot do?

Now back to my opening statement-
I have figured it out to being the way that these threads are run... They aren't!

Attention Forum Moderators -
It has occured to me that there has been alot of derogatory comments made towards the OP. Way back on the first page I believe that it should have been noted and a friendly reminder to all posters of the T and C here at ATS, particularly Item # 16 (see below)

16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
How about someone trying to "promote" something which is obviously fake.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

True. That is also part of the T and C.

I'm sure you wouldn't want me to just believe whatever is said, not meaning that I don't believe that you may be correct, but "Would you mind providing a link to back up this claim?"

My point was that the Mods are the ones that are to watch these threads to keep them on track and on topic.

Just an example and not to quote any previous post-
"Dude a fool and his money...if you're going to blow 360 bucks, just send it to me. I have something else you might be interested in.."

Now what does that have to do with, even remotely, the viability of this HDR machine?

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Well man, I honestly hope it works for ya. Would be interested to hear about the results.

On the off chance that it does work, maybe you could go back in time and slap my former self, keep me from making some really stupid mistakes. I'd pay good money for that.

Actually, might not be a bad idea for a business plan. Kind of a "cleaning up the past" enterprise. Then of course you run into the problem of creating alternate time lines, and who knows what kind of havoc that would play with reality...

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I fully support you in your time travelling endeavours dude. I am looking forward to see what results you come up with.
Peace.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Is the device already in possession?! And have you tried it?
I'm really excited about your experiences so I hope your brain hasn't fried up or that you are already lost in time... Looking forward to your report! (any idea about when it's coming?)

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
very fun thread guys, really... the only thing i didn't found here (sorry - all 18 pages are out of my ability to spend my time on it) - does anybody noticed some real probs on time traveling itself? afaiu - this device just make some kind of "fields", but what about physical aspect of time traveling like..eeeh.. say.. what if OP will travel to a stone or vacuum at all? Where he will materialise in "other time"? lol... if to be any serious - where the whole planet ( earth for example) will be when OP will reach his "time destination point"? more of the orbit traveling planets make, there are some kind of expanding universe make as well, so even same date/tod will not lead to the same place.. just curious.. are You serious guys at all... is it me who ask it here first, or i missed such question in thread and genious answer of OP ?.. astral traveling not my point at all, just wanna an "physical" point of view answer.. sorry for my bad english, i'm russian, ya' know...
edit on 6-1-2011 by Meesha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Meesha

I was thinking about this, I think there are some dangers in time travel. One of the HDR websites mentions losing your time lock when you return if you went too far into the past. Another thing I would be worried about is returning to the same timeline from which I came.

Also, I have this theory that the Earth's magnetic field allows for safe time travel because it somehow calibrates the device to prevent ending up in outer space.

HOWEVER the earth's magnetic field is in a state of flux right now, as evidenced by the bird die-offs, so THIS is a problem. Seriously. If the machine worked, this might really mess with the time travel.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ravinski

What's up, I'm excited. I am getting the device in the mail tomorrow. Are there any requests? I was going to do some fairly simple and boring lucid dreaming experiments to start out with, but I might as well attempt a physical time jump with video.

I have a feeling that I will have to work with the machine for a bit before putting up a first set of results, but it should only be a few days, I would expect another post early next week at the latest.

If physical time travel doesn't pan out, I am going to have to slowly work towards getting more proficient with astral techniques. There are ways to prove that, for example, getting information from somewhere or some time that I shouldn't be able to know and then posting it on the forum.

Anyway, I'll post an update with pictures and stuff and video I have a feeling the first one might be boring.
edit on 7-1-2011 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
A video of you using it and then explaining your experience would be very interesting.

I commend you in your efforts and for your willingness to share your experiences with ATS.

Although I firmly believe you will not be popping out of time and space, I am very interested as to the effects the magnetic field will have upon your brain and your perceptions.

I myself would never have the balls, which in turn sir gains you my respect.

Good luck and please be careful

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
If I may suggest, since you're trying to be as analytical as possible and also for safety's sake, that maybe you could take some sort of a 'standard-type' of mental test before your first experience with the HDR and after each experience.

I don't know if I'm making myself clear but some sort of a 'index' kind of test. Something to where you would be able to take it repeatively and if there is any subtle change in you're phychology, the testing would verify this.

I think that would be interesting and also for safety reasons. We wouldn't want you to end up watching re-runs of "Barney the Purple Dinosaur" for the rest of your life now would we.

As I am not an authority on phycological testing, maybe someone would be able to suggest one.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Screw the mental test
we are all crazy here and you know thats what will be said about any of us who publish a hidden secret.
Im friends with a person who's family was destroyed by the goverment because her father had a Radionics Camera & Himalays machine back in the 80's. Theres more secrets to HDR machines, Radionics, & HIMALAYAS Machine.

Good luck OP, your thread has caused me to do some deep digging and Ill be looking forward to your results and what you find. And seriously, watch your back and make sure someone close knows whats going on with you so you dont get lost from our timeline
or from the M&WIB's

edit on 1/7/2011 by Patrioitinsheepclothing because: spelling edit

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by Ravinski

I am getting the device in the mail tomorrow.

It's tomorrow now, so I assume you have it?

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Go back in time and erase this thread - that'll prove it to us!

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by StlSteve
Go back in time and erase this thread - that'll prove it to us!

if he was to do that we wouldnt remember... if we did that would mean he created a different timeline..

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join