It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going to buy and test HDR time travel device (just talked to Stephen Gibbs)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 1IN7MILLION

Wow, you made an awful lot of assumptions from 3 or 4 lines of text in my 2 posts!

So what you're saying is you've read in the AP forums you frequent that traveling astrally is counter-productive to personal spiritual development?
I'm surprised, I would have thought AT'ers would be voting for the opposite, but I'll take your word for it as you are the expert.
I don't agree, but I'll accept that is what you've determined from what you've read.
Thanks for the response and let's agree to end it there (or have a final say if you like) as this is not particularly on-topic.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IdeaLogical
To the OP:

I just want to some couple of questions, if I may. If you don't respond, it's cool. I'd like you to think about them if you will but you do not have to.

1) The seller of this device seems quite sincere yes? Is he sincere enough to provide a 100% money back guarantee? If not, why not?

2) He claims to have sold 1000 devices. At over $300 a pop, he has made approximately over $300,000 from these devices alone. A third of a million dollars. When you purchase this (for over $300 which could go towards rent, food, personal things) and IF it doesn't work (hey it might) will you request a refund? If not, why not? It's false advertising and the product he provided did not work as advertised. (I wonder what the IRS has to say about his 'product' by the way, tax purpose wise).

3) If one WERE to travel back through time, aren't you worried the earth will not be where it was when you started the journey - ie it travels AROUND the sun. If you are not worried, why aren't you worried?

I wish you all the best OP on this venture, I too have been stung by buying something in the realm of $300 before and speaking from experience well... it just is NOT worth it!

Cheers!
edit on 28-12-2010 by IdeaLogical because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2010 by IdeaLogical because: (no reason given)

All right, I am going to answer a few questions on here. First off, I am not associated with Mr. Gibbs and this should become quite evident if I test the device and it turns out to be false.

Secondly, many of you on here seem to be blocking the effort of mine to empirically test the device and would rather decide on your own that it doesn't work without empirical testing. There is a reason I decided to buy this device instead of many others online, and that reason is that my own research led me to the device and, whether or not Mr. Gibbs intended the device to be credible, it does happen to coincidentally or not fit into how I believe time travel would be possible. I'll go ahead and state that my personal view on time travel involves a quantum theory of mind, string theory and parallel universes, as well as an eastern view of consciousness.

The specifics of the device that appeals to me are the fact that it uses electromagnetic fields, which have been tested and proven to exist from the device, and it also claims to be capable of astral time travel. The astral time travel, which makes it seem credible to me, by the way, was not how Mr. Gibbs sells his device these days - his main selling point is physical time travel. If that works too, hey bonus! LOL.

I would also like to say that I am appalled at how many people who probably think of themselves as scientists, empiricists, open minded or whatever have the opinion that they can shut down a whole line of research that is threatening to their belief system without any empirical testing just because they consider it to be SO IMPOSSIBLE.

HOWEVER, I guess I am not really *surprised*. As a matter of fact, it was expected. And since this line of research is so "out there" there better be more skeptics. I don't want to tell people I traveled back in time, talked with Da Vinci, and have people believe it without asking too many questions. Not to worry, I will continue on the path of research I have chosen and provide empirical testing and evidence required, whether the device proves to be false or not. In this manner, I believe, the same skeptics mentioned above, will probably be needed in the future of the research to provide the interesting questions such as an earlier "Why not try physical time travel and get video?" to which, I respond, all right you convinced me.

Even with all the skepticism, I have been receiving private messages from people interested in my research, including one person interested in researching in parallel with me. I am quite excited. To those who are following this thread wondering what I will discover, I promise you, I will try a whole myriad of tests, I will try hard core tests, I will do exciting things, I will provide video or whatever else, the skeptics are expected, no worries. I will also try to document things and set up experiments that are reproducible and set up in such a way to be valid.

I am very excited because a personal interest of mine is spiritual science, time travel, and astral travel. This is an "in," an experiment to try. I am also excited to be able to do something to get to the bottom of a question asked on ATS at times, "What is this HDR device, is it a scam, what are the possibilities?" to get my feet wet, to investigate, to take action.

Okay, here are some more answers:

1) The seller of the device seems extremely sincere. However, I do have the feeling that he would not offer a money back guarantee (he might, I guess I should ask him to be fair). Whatever. His device might inadvertently be on the right track to time travel whether he knows it or not, so I'd rather get my hands on one without too much trouble. Also, I could build it myself, but I have a low attention span at the moment and figured this would be easier.

2) He has made $300,000 off of this device, which isn't much really considering the magnitude of the claim, or scam, or whatever. I'm going to have fun purchasing the device, I'm going to have fun testing the device, I'm already having fun on this forum, it's all worth it to me. After the testing phase is concluded, I will consider whether or not I will pursue getting my money back based on the results and other considerations that might come up.

3) Hmm... that is something that has actually come up in conversation before with my friends and I regarding physical time travel, surprisingly. You are a sharp thinker, seriously. I have to take a guess here. I would *guess* that astral time travel probably relies on energy forces from the planet in order to maintain its trajectory backwards or forwards in time, and therefore the position of the planet is the center point, in other words the sun rotates around the earth, so to speak, which is, after all, one way to look at things. Positions are all relative.

Physical time travel might have a similar connection. These are things that will have to be looked into further. I might have to get back to you on this question. Worried, not really... but it is possible as of this point as far as I know.

Thanks for the interest, skeptics, believers, whoever.

Update: I am sending the money on Wed.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

Actually, my version of time travel that I subscribe to does involve travelling to parallel universes that happen to be calibrated slightly differently in the timeline. I think that there is sufficient amounts of information that we do not know about the subject, that I hope to look into. I mentioned this a second ago, energy fields from the Earth might also calibrate time travel devices in order to prevent things like ending up in a different area of space from happening.

In fact, in order for there to BE specific areas in space, I believe the aether theory would have to be correct, which it is not, so at this point in time I believe all areas in space are officially relative. This is something I will have to look into, it is actually a quite valid question.
edit on 28-12-2010 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Don't take it personally OP. ATS as a whole is not that friendly to members who would rather act than talk

Especially the 'science' boys and girls who love to quote how anything they haven't read in a mainstream science book must be impossible.

Having said that, I'm with the cynics on this one. Common sense for me dictates that any human who claims to be able to physically travel forward in time would be so independently wealthy from a myriad of simple activities (lottery, stock market, forex etc) that selling a world changing item on the internet for the pocket money sum of $360 would be quite bizarre, to say the least.

However, if someone is genius enough to invent such a device, he may well be dysfunctional enough to go into manufacturing such devices for pittance rather than collect an easy and anonymous billion or two from the markets. Funny how all these genii never seem to have any real-world financial savvy and die paranoid and broke (often under bizarre circumstances
)
edit on 28/12/10 by RogerT because: added superlatives

edit on 28/12/10 by RogerT because: fix smilie

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Actually, my version of time travel that I subscribe to does involve travelling to parallel universes that happen to be calibrated slightly differently in the timeline. I think that there is sufficient amounts of information that we do not know about the subject, that I hope to look into. I mentioned this a second ago, energy fields from the Earth might also calibrate time travel devices in order to prevent things like ending up in a different area of space from happening.

I don't think you get to choose which version of time travel a time machine would use. Besides if you can travel to the future of a parallel universe then why not this universe.

Anyway good luck with your experiment and I look forward to reading your findings. I personally don't think it will work but I admire your open mind and sense of adventure. Never lose that and ignore the people that laugh.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
PS. As someone who is clearly leaning towards 'other than 3D', you do realize that there isn't any past or future that exists in reality?

It's always now, always has been and so far, always will be.

How one can 'travel' physically to an alternate time, when time only exists as a mental construct eludes me, but I'll be waiting with interest to hear your experiences nonetheless

edit on 28/12/10 by RogerT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT
reply to post by 1IN7MILLION

Wow, you made an awful lot of assumptions from 3 or 4 lines of text in my 2 posts!

So what you're saying is you've read in the AP forums you frequent that traveling astrally is counter-productive to personal spiritual development?
I'm surprised,, but I'll take your word for it as you are the expert.
I don't agree, but I'll accept that is what you've determined from what you've read.
Thanks for the response and let's agree to end it there (or have a final say if you like) as this is not particularly on-topic.

I made a lot of assumptions about you because you have said nothing thus far. If all you had done previously was mock and add nothing intelligent, then I rightfully assume you know nothing about this A.P. And I can't really understand what your trying to say in you second line "you've read in the AP forums you frequent that traveling". Also what do you mean when you say "I would have thought AT'ers would be voting for the opposite" I have took the liberty of once again assuming that you meant ATS'ers, assuming comes in handy with you. I still have no clue what I would be voting against. Oh OH not making assumption there are you.

If you don't agree but except that's my opinion why leave a negative comment. Awful big of you to bring this topic back on track seen as your the one who needlessly derailed it.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Good luck with that. If you do come back on the forum and tell us you were able to travel in time with this machine, it would also raise no doubt in my mind that it also fried your brain during your studies. I hope common sense prevails before you throw your money away, if not you probably deserve to lose your money.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Bottom line...

If you can travel in time, take $1,000. in currency issued prior to 1964 with you on your trip to 1963. Find a bank and get a thousand dollars of quarters and bring them back. Today they are worth $22,000 (silver now at $30 per oz). No need to sell a "time device" for $360. You'd have to sell over 60 of them to make the same cash. Dumbo!

edit on 28-12-2010 by romanmel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

PS. As someone who is clearly leaning towards 'other than 3D', you do realize that there isn't any past or future that exists in reality?

How one can 'travel' physically to an alternate time, when time only exists as a mental construct eludes me, but I'll be waiting with interest to hear your experiences nonetheless

edit on 28/12/10 by RogerT because: (no reason given)

You're thinking of 4th dimension. the dimension of time, in which every constant moment is the now, past and future.

And, for the last time, why are people like you going around saying everyone here says time travel isn't possible? Heck, I've sat down and thought about it alot and sometimes even came up with a few modules which would scientificaly, and logically work. Alas, i would forget these ideas in the ne\xt 15 minutes because I didn't feel like writing them down. What I am trying to say is....

If X is time....and we are in the 3rd dimension...
Then to go back, would be X-1.
But our particles would stay at X because we exist in the 3rd dimension.
So one way...that astral time travel would be possible...roll with me here, even though I m a skeptic that astarlity would play any part in science....
Would be to Astral travel to the 4th dimension, creating a reality in your brain...in which you would exist in a reality in the 4th dimension....then astrally go back to the 3rd dimension....use the machine...and now, since you exist in the 4th dimension...you can go back in time!! Poof!

By the way....

I have a machine that can do ALL this for 5 easy payments of $79.991 That's right! $79.99! Only $79.99! Free shipping and handling.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

...The specifics of the device that appeals to me are the fact that it uses electromagnetic fields, which have been tested and proven to exist from the device, and it also claims to be capable of astral time travel. The astral time travel, which makes it seem credible to me, by the way, was not how Mr. Gibbs sells his device these days - his main selling point is physical time travel. If that works too, hey bonus! LOL...

I've seen the inside of the HDR unit. It consists of a few diodes, a Capacitor, a few resistors and a hadful of coils of wire.

The Diodes rectify the AC input into a pulsating DC Voltage. The resistors reduce the current to a less deadly level and the capacitor filters the pulsating DC just a tad.

What you end up with is a handful of Electromagnets with a 60 Hz pulsating DC current flowing through them.

This setup does in fact radiate an electromagnetic field. but you need to understand that any wire that carry's an AC or Pulsating DC Current also radiate the exact same electromagnetic field.

If you take an extension cord plugging into a lighted lamp and wrap it around your head, your brain would receive the same E.M. field as the head band of the HDR.

If you get an 8 inch length of black iron pipe and wrap an extension cord around it and jam that into your crotch, your boys would receive the same E.M. field as the coil on the HDR.

If your rap an extension cord around an empty 35mm film canister, you will have exactly replicated the HDR's "witness well. "I say "exactly replicate.." because the "witness well" on the HDR IS, literally, an empty 35mm film canister with magnet wire wrapped around it.

People are not trying to discouraging you from doing scientific experimentation. They are simply trying to talk you out of wasting your money. Although I personally could care less if you waste your money.

You must understand, if receiving E.M. radiation. at 60 Hz would cause you to be able to travel through time, we would be doing time travel on a regular basis. We are CONSTANTLY being irradiated by 60 Hz Electromagnetic radiation.

If you decide to spend $360.99 on a known piece of bunk, that's your business...

However, you need to "man-up" and quit whining when people call you a Moron for spending your money on an apparatus that has been examined as shown to be shear Bull-Hike.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This kinda reminds me of that movie Napolian Dynamite...
("If I only had a time machine, id go back, throw that pass and then get into the NFL!")

Although, I still find this topic curious.
And its good we've got someone making the effort to see what this device is all about, no matter what the out-come is.
Even if there are loads of videos and blogs on the net, we can just have another story to back up the claims of which-so-ever people.

Plus, almost a 1000 sold? At 360 dollers? Thats 360,000. Nice.

eee.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

Yes, I am clearly an other than 3D thinker. Don't worry, I don't take any of the skeptics personally, I think it is their job to be skeptical. If they weren't, I might actually be worried now that I think about it. No matter what, I am going to post my findings. Physical time travel eludes me as well at this point, which is why I am much more interested in astral time travel. But it could be possible. And there are a lot of good ideas on here, I like the idea about the prior to 1964 currency.

Yeah! Since of adventure! Soon I embark on a journey through time! Woot

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by RogerT

Yes, I am clearly an other than 3D thinker. Don't worry, I don't take any of the skeptics personally, I think it is their job to be skeptical. If they weren't, I might actually be worried now that I think about it. No matter what, I am going to post my findings. Physical time travel eludes me as well at this point, which is why I am much more interested in astral time travel. But it could be possible. And there are a lot of good ideas on here, I like the idea about the prior to 1964 currency.

Yeah! Since of adventure! Soon I embark on a journey through time! Woot

Personally, I think half of the crap that has been said against your project is just meaningless dribble that should have been removed by the mods under the T&C. I really dont see how heckling and attempt to ridicule has anything to do with being on topic or contributing to a thread.

Looking forward to your opinions, Im not skeptical or optimistic towards this endeavor as I remain indifferent to what may or may not happen while firmly believing in the limitless possibilities that exist in this universe.

I also believe that this machine may only function for those who are capable of its claims without the machine.

The machine may simply be the permission someone needs to allow their natural ability to unfold as a higher level of humanity.

Looking forward to your report,

-G

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by elpistolero1
reply to post by Alxandro

LOL apparently the device really works he already posted a thread nine years ago!!

This is truly awesome.
He traveled back in time and landed in 9-11.

I think we have a new conspiracy here, maybe this time travel disruption was the true cause of 9-11?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
First off - best of luck to the OP on his endeavorer. Please post back with you observations.

While I have heard of Gibbs I have never seen his site or his products until now. The first thing that popped into my mind was - isn't that device the same thing Napoleon Dynamite's brother and uncle tried to use in the movie?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Im sure it's all good to dream about a time machine but dont go spending money on a fools game. First of all a time machine would never cost $360, heck if it existed I dont think anyone would be even announcing it. Second of all ask for proof before you go giving away money. That money could go to books or research materials on time travel and make you understand the subject better and who knows, maybe build one in the future.

Scammers are a dime a dozen out there, everything is about money and dreamers are the easiest exploits.

Be smart and dont fall for a hype!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

How one can 'travel' physically to an alternate time, when time only exists as a mental construct

-- so yes, that is another theory stating that time in fact does not exist, that it is always NOW, the moment of being aware you are living and acting in the NOW. So yes, how could you travel in time and space if time itself is just a construction of the brain ?! As I said before, the only way ( I think imho ) to travel BACK in time is within the memories in your brain, all is just a brain construction and in fact travelling in time is just remembering everything so clearly and vivid that it is as if you were really back into your past ... as if you do a rewind and look back in the film of your life ..... how ? NDE, drugs, spiritualism, maybe that machine the OP wants to buy ? but that is not real travel in time, it is just remembering everything very clearly ....
so, what then about "remembering" the future ? not possible of course because not yet printed in your brain, not yet on film in your brain ....
In fact matter does not exist, everything is just energy of different intensity, we give energy, we take energy, the only real thing is our spirit, our spiritual self, our living is only in the NOW. Difficult to explain !!!
so if time does not exist, space also does not exist and is also a construction of the mind, of the brain to permit us to live into our experience in this world, in this " life ".
So we evolue/live thru a spiritual construction, to learn things in this experiment of our life, the brain is our navigation instrument, our soul is the center of everything, it's a bit like a flight simulator - all is in the brain, all is based on information, all is just memories to recall ......

edit on 29-12-2010 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2010 by Sunlionspirit because: totally quote ?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001
As Einstein once said: "Condemnation before investigation is the height of ignorance."

Don't let the detractors put you off OP. If we never try anything we would never learn. I'll be back to check out your progress. Good luck!

Who says there wasn't an investigation? Einstein never said it had to be "Hands on". It makes perfect since. If this guy has a time travel device, why doesn't he simply prove that it works?

What does he have to hide?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
So?? I didn't read all pages because all the yay nay posts are irritating me. I have travelled back in time in dreams (70-ies and 30-ies) and it was awesome! Of course astral travel as you call it will work. All that is possible is in the Implicate Order and experienced as explicate by consciousness. This anyways is the bottom line of the book Parallel Universes by the late Michael Talbot. So by fine tuning your consciousness you might be able to visit what "was" and "will be". Since it's a form of remote viewing I don't think the Grandfather Paradox is of concern so you might just visit our past/future.

I have sensed the year 2050 as an experiment (fully awake) and felt a moist and quiet world in which less people live. Life is enhanced by smart technology yet also very much in sync with nature. Later on the internet I found the 2050 project (or what's it called) and the group who had tuned into 2050 had felt the same things as I did.

As to the device, do think about the effect of strong magnetic fields on the brain. There's this funny professor in the US who conducts this kind of experiments on volunteers. He could produce deep terror in his subjects just by placing their heads in magnetic fields of a certain strenght. You might want to look ino that and also if there are consequences that occur later.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join