It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world as we know it today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Hello all,

I am very thankful that I can finally post my own topic, and start a topic that really should be looked into. I have been doing alot of thinking over the last few weeks, and I have thinking about how we work, and then I cam to a very interesting conclusion.

Have you ever seen the movie click? Where he gets a remote control and fast forewards, stops, and skips through things, and eventually all the settings go automatic?

Well that's what happens with us. When we are born, we learn alot of things, we learn how the world works, we learn science, maths, and politics all when we are young. And they stick. So for the rest of the life our world around us is all based around what we all believe, all from a very young age.

The mind is the only thing in the world that can make you forget crucial information, it can make you forget who you are, where you have come from, what you're doing here. And every single night when you sleep, it looks through the information you have learn't during the day and filters out the "Useless" information and deletes it. And it stores everything you have seen, touched, felt, in the sub conscience.

So in a way who is really big brother? Your mind.

And as we keep going through life, all our thoughts, dreams, judgements, idea's are all created and eventually manifest themselves in the world.

Say for example you are thinking your not going to get a girlfriend, and they are all too good for you. That's exactly what's going to happen.

IF you think the government is evil, and they are after you, and they are going to kill you, that's exactly what's going to happen.

If you believe aliens are real, and there are big Reptilian like monsters out there that want to eat you, it could happen.

When your scanning the forum constantly looking through information your looking for news, Your looking for something to create, say for example something as simple as "ICE AGE", and the very next day the new's comes out with an article that has "ICE AGE" written all over it. The mind is looking for experiences and when it picks up on something interesting, a belief, a thought an idea it will just eventually manifest, and you don't even know its happening.

So you all may think the big bad government is out to get you, and you want to be a rebel. But your focusing on an enemy that just doesn't exist. Your focusing on a thought form.

What you all should be focusing on is yourself. Who you are, what your capabe of.

Because your mind know's your dreams, thoughts, beliefs, nightmares, what your capable of. It know's everything about it. It is a mind in itself.

Why do you think not enough research is being done in space travel, and more research is being done to study the mind and the universe "Secretly". Connect the dots people.

Our mind is the universe......
edit on 26-12-2010 by Gabrielle.Black because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gabrielle.Black
Hello all,

I am very thankful that I can finally post my own topic, and start a topic that really should be looked into. I have been doing alot of thinking over the last few weeks, and I have thinking about how we work, and then I cam to a very interesting conclusion.

Have you ever seen the movie click? Where he gets a remote control and fast forewards, stops, and skips through things, and eventually all the settings go automatic?

Well that's what happens with us. When we are born, we learn alot of things, we learn how the world works, we learn science, maths, and politics all when we are young. And they stick. So for the rest of the life our world around us is all based around what we all believe, all from a very young age.

And as we keep going through life, all our thoughts, dreams, judgements, idea's are all created and eventually manifest themselves in the world.

Say for example you are thinking your not going to get a girlfriend, and they are all too good for you. That's exactly what's going to happen.

IF you think the government is evil, and they are after you, and they are going to kill you, that's exactly what's going to happen.

If you believe aliens are real, and there are big Reptilian like monsters out there that want to eat you, it could happen.

What your mind goes through what you are thinking looking for information, looking for experiences and when it picks up on something interesting, a belief, a thought an idea it will just eventually manifest, and you don't even know its happening.

So you all may think the big bad government is out to get you, and you want to be a rebel. But your focusing on an enemy that just doesn't exist. Your focusing on a thought form.

What you all should be focusing on is yourself. Who you are, what your capabe of.

Because your mind know's your dreams, thoughts, beliefs, nightmares, what your capable of. It know's everything about it. It is a mind in itself.

Why do you think not enough research is being done in space travel, and more research is being done to study the mind and the universe "Secretly". Connect the dots people.

Our mind is the universe......

i really like the ending however it would take learning or schooling and taking a definite stance on something for someone to develop the critical thinking (and yes i know how horrible most schools are at teaching critical thinking) to realize that we are out best chance and worse enemy. I do believe thoughts manifest into to reality but to not to the extent you stated...unless im taking you too literally. Anyways, cool post.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I wouldnt be so sure about the "think and it shall be reality" part of your thread...

I was SURE that I would have nothing less than a super-model for a GF or wife by this time, BUT... actual reality = NOPE!!

I was SURE that I would be making six-figures by now also. BUT... actual reality = NOPE!!

I also was SURE that I would be a well known professional athlete back in my mid-20's. BUT... actual reality = NOPE again!!

So that assumption is incorrect, sorry!!

Oh well I guess!!

edit on 26-12-2010 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gabrielle.Black

heh. Welcome!!

No, we are not like the movie, Click.

Fun stuff you typed, though.

Here's a hint, though.

Forget a manifesto..

Pick a subject and then pick it to damn near death.

Don't try to bring everything under one umbrella.

Just saying.....

And,Welcome!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I agree, to an extent, that we can create our own reality. But we can most affect things on a quantum level. This is what scientists have discovered. But affecting things on a quantum level is different than on a molecular or larger level. Takes more mind power as the scales become larger.

Having said that, we can program ourselves (either on purpose or not) to expect a certain reality, and that is what we experience, because that is what we look for. This is more psychological than anything.

The main thing is to be aware we are thinking like this, so we can gradually change our thoughts so we experience a different perceived reality. That's what I've been practicing since about 2002, with good results. I no longer get panic attacks being out in public, and have reverted back to my old friendly and open-minded self.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I agree with this in a big way and feel it's time that we kicked the big bankers and the machinations of the elite OUT of our hearts and consciousness, and retake our own power, by simply ignoring them, and those who continually vehemently oppose them (giving them their power in effect), and walking right out of that worldview, that paradigm and frame of reference into whatever world we are creating for ourselves and our fellow man, right from our own sphere of influence, however limited or however big or small, it matters not, ONLY that we do indeed retake our power, proclaim that to the heavens, and then somehow, my some miracle or another, even the miracle of THE IDEA sent through the noosphere via the likes of places such as this, help to cause our fellow man to have the same type of realization and to become creative in his/her own life also, and also be free, and then as this thing catches on - what's being offered by "them" becomes an absurd parody, and the final death throws of a dying civilization, and then it starts to get funny, as all that temporal, materialist power, starts to disintegrate before our very eyes, as we set to work, both young and old, to drawn in something better for our future, out of that free, creative realm or domain of all possibility.

Our numbers are vast, and we are beginning to wake up - let us remember to pay attention and to ignore what is fruitless and perishable, while placing our loving focus only on that which is fruitful, and formative, and imperishable. We can do this, since anything is possible.

What most people don't understand, is the true nature of power, and how that really functions. Once we do, then the so-called "elite" are in trouble, because their power base will have vanished like a trap door under their very feet, while we all get to have the last laugh at their expense, and that's how it ought to be, in the final analysis, and by God we're SMARTER than they are, anyway! We must remember that too, and never forget it, and never relinquish our power ever again, ever, and remain ever vigilent in the right way, so as to bracket the future, and hold the appropriate frame open - for our fellow man, and perhaps even for our future selves, who knows..

edit on 26-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I think alot of people on here just don't really get it at all.

We are all addicted to information.
We are addicted to drama
We are addicted to technology
We constantly are staying at home, and are relying more on technology.
We are no longer relying on ourselves.
We are judging everyone around us.
We don't treat everyone around us like brothers

When topics like these come up. They don't get enough respect as it should. They just simply get dumped, and people just think the new agers are nothing but distractions, and think that its all evil, demonic etc. I just think that is really wrong. It's hurtful.

it goes on.

I think its time we all create a new paradigm. Even a small group of people can make a big change. We can change the laws of this reality.

I was playing a game the other day, and the whole basis of the game is that there are Mages who have control ove reality, can change rules, laws etc. And the bad guy's of the game are technocrats who believe in science, and believe everything can be explained.

What if that situation is what is happening here right now?

Even though people think there is a big awakening going on I believe we still have a load of work to do. only 5% of the population or less truly know who they are and what they are capable of. And I also think that 5% can change the world in a good way.

So my question is. Do you want to stand up and take control. Do you want to stand up and change reality? Do you want everything to change? And it all it requires is to just change the way you think.
edit on 27-12-2010 by Gabrielle.Black because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
"You REAP what you SOW"

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
You stumbled on an old mind-reality "problem"... Slow down and apply critical thinking and more exploration, before making grand revelations, but your post is good for an opening, just don't stick or slip into "I know something novel, most of you don't understand" attitude...

You could go through numerous articles here: www.kjf.ca... dealing in depth with similar ideas...

Or check Karl Pribram and David Bohm's ideas...

Maybe this article by Dr.Karl Pribram for starters: www.paricenter.com...

An excerpt to stir your interest maybe:

"A cathedral may be made of bricks, but understanding the cathedralness of the structure is not limited to understanding bricks (nor even understanding the importance of buttresses that allow Gothic soaring).

We may smash matter into particles but understanding the material universe is not limited to understanding particles. We note drops of water as they drip from a faucet and can make quantitative measures on drops. But where are the drops once they are gathered in a bucket? Do our measurements on drops per se, account for the crystalline structures of snowflakes?

Having proclaimed this caveat, I want to add: but isn't it fascinating and exciting to know of all these bits and pieces, how they're put together, and to what purpose! That is the story of exploration of our conscious experience."

Some aspects of this idea can be traced way back in the history of philosophy, but it was very pronounced in the philosophy of Artur Schopenhauer, just check the work "The World as Will and Representation"

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Good post, Gabrielle.Black, I starred and flagged it for content and theory. Your theory of how the human mind is the creator fits with my thoughts exactly. I sometimes wonder when humanity is going to wake up to the fact that they somewhat create their world and all that is in it. Got anymore on this theory?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Good post, Gabrielle.Black, I starred and flagged it for content and theory. Your theory of how the human mind is the creator fits with my thoughts exactly. I sometimes wonder when humanity is going to wake up to the fact that they somewhat create their world and all that is in it. Got anymore on this theory?

You are asking OP, but let me jump in - it might not be that simple as you write (not that I would know how it really is...) but if you are interested in this genuinely you might check the "Holographic paradigm"...

web.archive.org...

Both David Bohm and Karl Pribram are very credible scientists and wise men, but are still just fallible human beings; I wouldn't vouch for the rest of the lunatics dealing with that paradigm, but it is interesting to ponder upon... read sceptically and suspend both judgment and belief...

edit on 27-12-2010 by MrVortex because: repairing link

edit on 27-12-2010 by MrVortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

The irony is I have been studying and meditating on synchronicity recently, and then I found this post.

top topics

join