It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of surveillance equipment can do this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
What kind of surveillance equipment can be used to "monitor" a target from any common wall from the other side?

A hotel room, townhouse, apartment etc. It would provide at least a BW video image and possibly some audio. It's carried in as little as 2 small suitcases (or smaller by now I'm sure) and designed to be portable.

It can be setup on a permanent basis if necessary.
It's been in use since at least 2000.
It's used by law enforcement, including the D.E.A. and other alphabet agencies on a regular basis.

I should mention it's placed against the wall, ceiling or floor and does not penetrate the structure physically.

Know what it might be?

edit on 26-12-2010 by Paschar0 because: Important detail

edit on 26-12-2010 by Paschar0 because: More details

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

Satellites?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

Webcam and a laptop?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Basically, you have all sorts of options. The most common spy equipment would be inserted into things you use every day. In a watch, picture frame (disguised as a nail-head), alarm clock, analog clock, or any number of items. The sky's the limit. You can have a transmitting miniature pinhole camera, disguising the transmitter is a bit trickier, but not impossible. These would be detectable with an RF sweep.

The most common option would be the pinhole camera (normally with zero lux, allowing nightvision, but normally sacrificing color reception in favor of the high-contrast grayscale), with a wired connection to a remote station. Normally not more than a few feet away. If the camera is in picture frame or in a device that is normally plugged in to the wall, having a hidden wire through an electrical outlet is the way to go. You would still require a station for recording or monitoring. This is the only option that would allow surveillance for that length of time.

First Google Match for Spy Camera
edit on 26-12-2010 by Arrowmancer because: Adding the link..

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I should mention that it is placed against the wall to work and does not penetrate it physically.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I would go with a clock or a fire alarm. If in an office building, an EXIT sign. RF transmitter (though now you can get them in digital, RF is a bit more difficult to manipulate) with a good range operating in a frequency as far from the standard is you can get them. Then a pickup station or a relay station. If there's office monitoring, I'd like the RF signal to a cable modem somewhere close by, then simply upload the video/audio stream directly to a specific IP address.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
There are various devices that will accomplish this;

Portable X-ray, thermal scanner, High frequency radio scanning, specialized radar...or combination of these scanners have been used in the last decade to provide surveillance of suspects in Hotels, Restaurants, Office, apartment and other locations by Homeland Security, FBI, CIA, and other alphabet agencies. These are very expensive systems and are portable carried within 1-2 moderate suitcases.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
lol... is this the sonic visualizer? It uses , basically, ultrasonic waves bounced from the wall it's attached to, through the room, and are measured for "density", just like mapping out things under the ground. This is then converted into an image map.

No?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Echo location is what the device is used for and it is then converted to video. It will not show what a person looks like just where the people are in the room. Great for making sure an informant is safe in the next room, Not good for for video of who was there.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
If you took a ultra-wide band radar unit and put in against a wall you would have what they are talking about.
this is very similar to ground penetrating radar.
ieeexplore.ieee.org...
www.thefreelibrary.com...

The radar waves would go right through a wall and see movement or metal object on the other side.

The Walls have Eyes

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I'm not talking about echo location, I'm talking about sonic rebound visualization. Its based off of echo mapping... and radar, and laser reflection... basically, it uses one wall as a transducer AND a "microphone". The equipment basically bounces frequencies through the room off the adjacent walls, and takes the frequencies it receives and converts them to an image map. It runs in real-time video... I think only up to like 12 FPS or something. I've seen pictures from them. (rather not say how... I grew up in a military family, in a military town... I've seen lots of things that I really don't know if I was supposed to see or not). The pictures are clear, like what you would see on a black and white TV back in the day. (early 80's for me, but the TV's were always over 10 years old, lol). I'd say the pictures are a B&W equivalent of the gas station footage of the 911 'attack' on the Pentagon.

So, is this what you were talking about in the OP?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I have heard about these devices,since i was a child. (Now 22) When i was 7 years old,i was told they had these capabilities in alaska. No name was given to me to what it was,just that it seen through walls.
Now,every one and their brother knows haarp is in alaska,Is that the device i was told about ? that could see everything.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I'm trying to recall, but I think it's a very low frequency device that works similar to an xray. You can watch the activities in real time through solid block walls if you wish, and an acoustic vibration detector can hear a gnat fart in the structure.

Tell me you didn't think that lead was eliminated from paint because of environmental and safety reasons.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
i doubt that any available surveillance technology is capable of 'visually' spying through a wall without penetrating it.
There might be a chance on this sonar thingy described above but the clutter you get as a return ..well..
To have such a thingy working it needs to invest a whole lot of energy, and i think you would recognize that inside the room, cause your may hear a constant high-pitched noise, or something else would start resonating around in a harmonic sub-frequency.

However its definedly not related to HAARP.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The technology does indeed exist as described.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
This is more likely. Police often ignore damage to hotel/motels and personal property to do what they want.

www.policeone.com... ll-Video-Camera-Kit-TTW/

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Sounds to me like backscatter x-ray tech.

Some police units, mainly homeland security, are patroling the streets with this stuff to see what's inside your car.
edit on 2011/1/25 by Phractal Phil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
There is a bunch of things that will do what you are stating. Why don't you just tell us what it is you have in mind and then we don't have to go through 15 (exaggeration) pages of responses just to see if you are going to share your tech knowlege

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'd love to tell you what it's called, but I don't know, that's why I'm asking the question. However, the description is absolutely accurate. I don't think it's pinhole system, as we seen it moved "on the fly" from one floor to the next as the person would move through the townhouse. It seems to require a common wall, floor or ceiling and is placed against it but doesn't penetrate.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
There are different devices and tech out there that do this...most use sound, and the most advanced ones can build images in real time, to almost give a camera like view of what's going on...there are also ones that use thermals, etc. which may be more helpful to soldiers and law enforcement.

In just a quick search, I identified at least a dozen different products/names, etc. for this kind of tech, so not sure which exact one you're looking for.

top topics

join