It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody who says that ET's don't exist, or have never visited earth is WRONG!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
That's right.

Wrong. Period.

Why?

Because just as there is no solid proof that Aliens exist, and are hear, there is no solid proof that they don't exist and haven't been here. There is evidence that they exist, and have visited us in the past, as well as are possibly "visiting" us in the present, but this is evidence- not solid proof.

For me, until I myself see a genuine video or the event itself of an ET ship flying down from the sky, and beings coming down and shaking hands, giving hi-fives, fist-pumps or whatever, I'm not going to believe either side of the story.

But what I can do, is put myself in an ET's shoes.

Pretend, for an instant, that in a decade or so, we invent a flying saucer that can travel through time. Being the curious beings we are, we decide to go back to the time of Jesus just to see what is going on.

What reason could we possibly ever have for revealing ourselves as being humans from the future?

Not only that, but with the knowledge we have at the moment, it would be incredibly easy to sneak into a city in disguise and pretend to be a normal, regular person at the time without pretty any much anyone noticing at all. Even if someone did notice... would they even think of jumping to the conclusion that they just saw someone from the future, or an ET?

We could even sneak into a dark house at night using night vision and camouflaging equipment, tranquilize our victim, have the silent flying device pick them up, probe them, then return them to their rest without them even noticing.

Just as the time-traveler could easily blend in, operate, and remain unnoticed in the crowd, who is to say that an ET civilization that is hundreds, thousands, or possibly millions of years as advanced as we are won't have the same capabilities, if not more?

Take this story in for digestion:

Picture the Native-American 600 years ago. He decides to go on a walk, and sees a bunch of white people standing on the beach. He goes up to them, they give him a European gold coin as evidence of them being there, and then he excitedly runs back to his home.

"Hey everybody, guess what? I just saw people with white skin who had hair on their faces at the beach! They even gave me a gold coin to prove it!"

"Hahaha don't be silly! People like that don't exist! It's just us!"

"But I saw them!"

"So? You could have just as easily made the entire story up."

"But they gave me this gold coin!"

"You could have just as easily taken some gold, made it into that coin yourself. Find better proof if you want us to believe you."

So the point I am trying to get at hear, is just because there is no concrete "proof" of ET's visiting us, there is no reason on earth for anyone to claim that they don't exist and anyone who believes they do is being ignorant. In fact, if anyone claims that Aliens don't exist, and aren't visiting us with 100% certainty are being ignorant themselves.

So the next time you find yourself feeling silly or feeling put down for thinking that ET visitation is a possible reality, remember this- it is a POSSIBILITY- just like it's possible to throw a dice and roll a six.

Keep an open mind- and I mean a mind that is open to ALL possibilities, and is closed off to none.

Until you have irrefutable evidence that proves or disproves a claim, it cannot be true, nor can it be false. It can be likely or unlikely- even to extreme degrees, but concerning the reality of ET visitation, the amount of evidence seems to point towards "likely".

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It's "The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence," VERSUS "extrodinary claims call for extrodinary evidence."

I usually take trips into uninhabited areas with the highest number of sightings, alone, and flash my 650nm/400mw laser pen into the sky at night time. I have tried flash in certain patterns to attract the friendly ET's, but nothing so far.

As far as evidence goes, I'd say ET's have a bit more going for them than GOD.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
It's "The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence," VERSUS "extrodinary claims call for extrodinary evidence."

I usually take trips into uninhabited areas with the highest number of sightings, alone, and flash my 650nm/400mw laser pen into the sky at night time. I have tried flash in certain patterns to attract the friendly ET's, but nothing so far.

Actually, it's "evidence must be this tall to be true" VERSUS "evidence is 3 miles long"....which is true, seeing the amount of evidence we have. Put it this way, in court, the documents found pertaining to aliens would be substantial. Then there is the fervent skeptic, which would do anything to keep his/her "throne" as a disbeliever. Then again, there isn't anything to "believe", but rather to acknowledge.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I thought that someone would compare the God debate to the ET debate, but I think it is foolish to do so.

To say that there are advanced civilizations out there who are visiting us undetected is an entirely different claim then saying that there is a supernatural mega-power that designed the entire universe and everything in it.

Most scientists actually think it is very likely that there are advanced civilizations out there. To say that they are visiting us un-noticed is not an extraordinary claim at all- considering the fact that some of them may be eons ahead of us technologically.

As much as it is awesome that you and like-minded people have "hunted" for UFO's, I think that the only time "real" UFO's are seen or captured on video is when this is the intention of whatever is controlling them.

There is already technology out there that is being developed to literally "bend" the light around an object, making it completely invisible to the human eye.

So I think it's pretty safe to say that if we are being visited, the only signs of it we notice are when the visitors' technology malfunctions or they purposefully make themselves visible.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

They will find You even if you have a camera to film them or not,give it time ,if you ever get the feling your being watched take a look upwards instead of along the road then maybe you`ll get some.
Best of luck in trying,remember they`re above you so they see you first not the other way about,we are just gnats !

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

I like the saying, be open minded, but not so open minded your brains fall out.

If this message is to Skeptics like me; we are often misrepresented. Not only do I believe in UFO's, I've seen one clearly in the daytime up close. I do not know what is inside however or if it was Alien or Military. That was before most who post here were born.

Lot's of us who question are attempting to get to the truth. Blind acceptance is counterproductive and anyone who has been looking into this for a long while, you will find actually appreciate Skeptics and are bothered by people who believe blindly.

In the end, the proof will likely come from a Skeptic, long before it comes from a blind believer.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'd like to think that the day we are doom is the day we have our "evidence."
I do not want to jinx or anything like that, but I really looking forward to that day to come.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Skepticism is essential for anything that is unproven... especially the UFO phenomena. Without skepticism, stuff like Heaven's Gate happens.

I am skeptical myself, but not to the point where discard any kind of picture, video, or testimony without even doing the research or even reviewing the entire subject in question.

My point was more directed at people who are not on ATS.

How often do you find yourself discussing the subject in a sensible, respectable fashion outside of ATS with the people you interact with on a daily basis?

I don't know about you, but I am almost afraid to bring it up- and I rarely do, as most people I know either don't care or don't even consider it a possibility. The times I have brought it up, I have faced sharp ridicule.... and have found myself questioning my own mindset.

The point of this thread is meant to be taken in the "outside of ATS" context.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
That's right.

Wrong. Period.

Why?

Because just as there is no solid proof that Aliens exist, and are hear, there is no solid proof that they don't exist and haven't been here. There is evidence that they exist, and have visited us in the past, as well as are possibly "visiting" us in the present, but this is evidence- not solid proof.

I challenge your thread's title and say ETs don't exist basically because there isn't a shred of evidence for their reality and as I like to say, hearsay is not evidence. Evidence in its broadest sense includes everything that is used to determine or demonstrate the truth of an assertion so anyone that says that ETs exist is not playing with a full deck. I repeat: there is no evidence that ETs exist. If you have evidence, provide it. And since there is no evidence that they exist, visiting earth is not an argument worth getting into.

You can come back with trying to tie ETs with UFOs which is also wrong for there is no evidence either that UFOs come from any particular place aside from above earth and the moon. You could come back with saying that because I admit that UFOs are seen above the moon that it makes UFOs extraterrestrial and in that limited meaning you would be right IF they originate from the moon.

But I think that ET used in the context of beyond our solar system or anywhere in creation is a misnomer. Before I read Vallee I entertained the notion that if UFOs have beings in them, or are operating the UFOs as ROVs, then whereever they are is another consideration especially if you think dimensionally.

Silly as that may sound, I think saying that they are ETs is sillier. So perhaps they're not visiting earth, they've been here all along!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

I agree, and until I see pink unicorns on the moon, I am going to just say I 'onno... But maybe?!

Because thats the level headed way to be. Pink Unicorns Baby!!!!! FTW!11

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Starchild skull, crystal skulls, cave paintings and statues made by ancient natives.

and also, for other any solid proof, the government makes it top classified and hides it from the public. This thread has no logic. Fail attempt to troll.
edit on 26-12-2010 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Seeing your comparison makes me laugh. The absence of evidence is evidence of absence. Otherwise you're assuming that evidence exists, it just hasn't been found yet. That's silly. And it's not necessarily "extraordinary claims" but any claim has to be satisfied with evidence. It sounds more "romantic" when extraordinary is added. But just make a claim, any claim, and if you can't provide evidence then it's just hot air.

The evidence for ETs and god is equal: non-existent.

edit on 26-12-2010 by The Shrike because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
and also...

Bob white's alien artifact.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
(snip)
[Actually, it's "evidence must be this tall to be true" VERSUS "evidence is 3 miles long"....which is true, seeing the amount of evidence we have. Put it this way, in court, the documents found pertaining to aliens would be substantial. Then there is the fervent skeptic, which would do anything to keep his/her "throne" as a disbeliever. Then again, there isn't anything to "believe", but rather to acknowledge.

You're wrong! If you took the "evidence" (documents!) for the reality of aliens into a court they'd throw it out because hearsay is weak and unsupportable. You don't know much, if anything, about skepticism. Being a skeptic is a natural position versus being a believer who has had his/her mind conditioned to accept claims without requiring evidence. Skeptics can be fervent as Robert Sheaffer would be called.

The ideal skeptic is an open-minded person who simply questions and doesn't accept willy-nilly. But it also depends on the subject as in extra-terrestrials. There just isn't any evidence whatsoever to accept their reality. So it may seem that a person is close-minded. Not so. Provide evidence and the skeptic will consider it and if it's irrefutable evidence the skeptic will accept it. IOW, don't just talk a good game, play it!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I love these people that hop on their soap box about this time every week. Usually right after the latest episode or all day marathon of Ancient Aliens. They suddenly become the latest expert on all things extraterrestrial. I certainly believe they exist, and love the series, but hardly would base my "knowledge" of the subject on anything David Wilcock or a host of others on that show had to say. Nice try though.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The evidence is all around if you know how to look...

Here's the raw deal:

LATE 2012 ALIENS SHOW UP TO COLLECT THEIR HUMAN HERD

THAT MEANS YOU!!!

I wish I could see the look on peoples faces... But, I'll be staying on Earth.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HazyChestNutz
Starchild skull, crystal skulls, cave paintings and statues made by ancient natives.

and also, for other any solid proof, the government makes it top classified and hides it from the public. This thread has no logic. Fail attempt to troll.
edit on 26-12-2010 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

Your type of illogical thinking is why I'm glad I'm a skeptic, an open-minded one. Starchild skull? You're falling into an open bottom pit accepting the claims that have no support.

Crystal skulls? Nothing to them as far as anything associated outside of the people who created them in the past and in modern times. That "famous" skull has a history you don't sound as if you were familiar with it. You're ascribing the modern b.s. to what has a prosaic explanation.

Cave paintings, read above.

Statues made by anyone, read above.

To counter your comment that the thread has no logic, you could be right. But using your thinking it's easy to say that it's you who has no logic.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HazyChestNutz
and also...

Bob white's alien artifact.

Excuse me, Bob White's artifact, period.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Your right in your point that even if the UFO phenomena was proven real, that in itself does not prove that ET's exist.

I suppose that the logic used in linking UFO's to Aliens is the same kind of logic that linked unexplainable phenomena to God/Gods.

But the point is that there is evidence (and if you wish, I can provide), that there are things flying around in our skies of which the general population have no idea of its origin, and are being operated in an intelligent manner.

Something "mysterious", as the term goes- something that would shatter or greatly alter our current paradigm it it were to be conventionally explained.

It is the total reluctance to consider that our current thinking paradigm is false, and that there may be forces at work that we do not understand that I am trying to get at.

The other side I'm trying to get at in this thread is the witness side- people who claim to have seen, or interacted with beings that are not human.

As I tried to parallel with the Native-American story, such similar situations have occurred many times in the past- situations in which one truly experiences a paradigm shattering experience, and is unable to convince others of this reality for lack of solid proof.

Witness testimony can be used in court cases to put people behind bars... so why is it not given the same credence in the UFO phenomena? Simply because the witnesses report something that doesn't fit in with what the system claims as a truth?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

edit on 26/12/1010 by Monts because: double post

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join