It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just wondering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
For as many years I have had a feeling of being paralyzed and a buzzing in my ears when i jolted awake at night. I never saw anything but i had this horrible horrible fear. has this happened to anyone else and what did you do to get rid of this feeling? My husband tells me i was just having a nightmare but never remember them i am not sure. It is a very disconserting feeling though....

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
hello there,

you have to be more descriptive of
1) what you feel or felt before you awoke.
2) about your life in general, under pressure, nothing special etc.
3) the frequency you are having those 'bad' impressions
4) when it happens, does it happen during the night, when youre taking a nap, when you sleep alongside your husband
5) etc etc.

this is needed to really have a better idea

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conan The Usurper
hello there,

you have to be more descriptive of
1) what you feel or felt before you awoke.
2) about your life in general, under pressure, nothing special etc.
3) the frequency you are having those 'bad' impressions
4) when it happens, does it happen during the night, when youre taking a nap, when you sleep alongside your husband
5) etc etc.

this is needed to really have a better idea

okay lets see before i awoke i get a pulsing buzzing noise that stays in my ears a feeling of someone holding me down.
nope no stress, I have a happy loving family a wonderful husband three great kids( who are acually pretty well behaved

and it normally happens wether i fall asleep on the couch or alongside my hubby. normally it happens at night. I have this happen about3 times a year now, about 4 years ago or so it happened more frequently. It just seriously freaked me out now i just try to calm myself down and go back to sleep since nothing seems out of the ordinary when i looked around.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jennilee

okay lets see before i awoke i get a pulsing buzzing noise that stays in my ears a feeling of someone holding me down.

thats it, you got the impression of someone holding you down.

do you also feel helpless to remove the hold?
and are you trying to push away this force?
you need to be very descriptive of what you are experiencing

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I do feel very helpless to remove the hold. When I experience this I cannot move nor can I scream..(and belive me i have tried) nothing works in my body. but it only lasts for a few moments and then its gone..and i feel odd... The not being able to say anything or scream bothers me.. Normally when i have nightmares i can recall them and dismiss them but with this there is no nightmare involved, I just wake up feeling helpless, scared and not being able to move or scream if I try.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Sounds almost like sleep paralyzis (sp)

Its the feeling that you are awake, but cannot move almost like being held down, and when you try and make a sound nothing comes out?

Also known as old hag syndom, If this is the case its really quite common,
And there have been many threads here on ATS with the same problem,

So sould this be what your having?

EDIT: Just seen your above responce, Yep this is what your having, Ill try find a few links for you)

[edit on 6-7-2004 by asala]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
could be, thats why i asked, noone i know has this problem.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
okay what you described has happened to many peoples. i will check if i can find a link to this later.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
thanks you guys for all your help

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Heres one i found so far should have advise on it,

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
i found this link, which could be a starter for you

www.stanford.edu...

what im going to say below only reflects my opinion, and you should not get it as 'cash'...

hmmm, since i know a bit on the subject, i could tell you to try this, next time it happens to you, tell yourself it isnt happening for real...for most patients...it almost immediately stop.

i think sleep paralysis comes from accumulated anxiety or stress.

[edit on 6-7-2004 by Conan The Usurper]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
awesome thank you very much...

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I had one encounter with a UFO in the mid 1990's on the Oregon coast, and it was accomponied by a buzzing in my ears.

I took out a room on the second floor of a bed and breakfast at Canon Beach. The headboard of the bed sat against the wall, just below a south-facing window. I fell asleep early while reading--this was in February--with the bed side lamp on and the book propped open on my chest.

For some undetermined amount of time--no clocks handy--I hovered on the edge of sleep in a very relaxed state. This was around dusk in February, so it was pretty early. I remember a very clear buzzing sound in my ears. The more I relaxed, the more tonal the buzzing sound became. It was like a game; as I relaxed more, the quality of the tone changed. I remember thinking, how strange?

I woke up some time later. It was now totally dark outside. I placed the book on the bed side table and rolled over to shut off the lamp. The instant the lamp was out, my heart started pounding. I felt absolutely paniced, instantly. I rolled back over onto my back and closed my eyes tightly. Seconds passed but the panic did not subside.

Suddenly, I could tell the room was flooded with a very bright light. Like closing your eyes while lying under the sun, I saw red instead of black. I started hyperventilating.

I opened my eyes to see a shadow of the blinds cast against the north wall, which I faced, by some light source outside the south facing window at the head of the bed. It was a bright white/bluish light. As soon as I registered the horizontal lines as being a shadow of the blinds, the shadow moved quickly toward me and up the bed, indicating that the light source was moving up, and quickly. I remember watching the shadow of the blinds crawl right up the bed toward me.

Just like that, the light was gone. I sat up in bed and the feeling of panic subsided. I wasn't calm, mind you! My heart slowed down and my breathing normalized. I sat up in the dark facing the north wall, wondering what to do. Should I look outside? What if I provoke it? I was certain right then that if I looked out the window, I would get the attention of whatever it was that cast the light, which I certainly wanted to avoid at the time.

I finally decided to take a peek. I rolled over on my stomach and gingerly inched up a single slat on the blinds. It was night time outside and overcast with low clouds. Down the beach, about twice the distance as Haystack Rock was from my window, I saw a little diffuse, glowing blue ball. It must have been a mile away or more. I watched it move straight up at a moderate speed. As it approached the low clouds, it cast a blue light that the clouds reflected. It dissapeared into the clouds.

I rolled back over and instantly fell asleep, sleeping very well until the morning. At breakfast, I asked the people that ran the bed and breakfast what was with the light last night. No one else saw it. I called the police but they did not receive any reports. There was a police helicopter that flew in the area, but it didn't fly the night of my experience. Besides, I'm sure what I saw was not a helicopter.

So, yes, I did experience the buzzing sound you describe, and I was jolted awake, though I don't remember feeling paralyzed.

new topics

top topics

join