It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do aliens exist and are they friendly?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I need only site the late Dr. J Allen Hyneks conclusiuon after a liftime of study to this phenomena. The man went from total disbelief and skeptic to full on believer. Final conclusion as a man of science and academia.
They are demonic. Top that!

edit on 26-12-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Haven't read anything at all by Hynek as far as I remember, just recall what Vallee and Keel said as really meaning something. Just before that quote from Keels wiki page though it does say this, so I guess that Hynek at least at one point shared some of the ideas that Vallee and Keel had :

"Like contemporary 1960s researchers such as J. Allen Hynek and Jacques Vallée, Keel was initially hopeful that he could somehow validate the prevailing extraterrestrial visitation hypothesis. However, after one year of investigations, Keel concluded that the extraterrestrial hypothesis was untenable. Indeed, both Hynek and Vallée eventually arrived at a similar conclusion."

I know that might come across as totally skeptic, but when you add in psychic phenomena all types of things change.
edit on 26-12-2010 by JoseChung because: more typos, it's late here

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by ChaosMagician

How many other decisions do we make about things that can't be seen. They happen everyday my friend. Sometimes they're not nice at all. The decisions that is

Mame

I think it totally depends on your outlook on evil. Not your outlook on race.
edit on 26-12-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

It's not a good practice to say you know something... repeatedly... when what you are really doing is basing a whole set of present and potentially future opinions on the hearsay that aliens are evil from things that were written in history... ambiguous history. Where is the present day proof? Digging up a bunch of crap is really interesting and all but go blame the one's back throughout all of history before pointing fingers at present day beings who one has never seen and probably knows nothing about any intentions of. That's a generous amount of guessing, I'd say. Nobody can lay a fair amount of blame on anyone by pulling some similarities out of ancient BS. That's like saying we can blame our own different races within humankind for # we did when we were chimps still in the congo, back when we were fighting over bananas and crap. This proves absolutely nothing about anyone's intention and if someone still says it does, then tell me exactly who you are pointing a finger at? Not only do you not have a valid charge, you don't even have a suspect!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosMagician
Nobody can lay a fair amount of blame on anyone by pulling some similarities out of ancient BS. That's like saying we can blame our own different races within humankind for # we did when we were chimps still in the congo, back when we were fighting over bananas and crap. This proves absolutely nothing about anyone's intention and if someone still says it does, then tell me exactly who you are pointing a finger at? Not only do you not have a valid charge, you don't even have a suspect!

Well said. Flagging this, purely for the conversation that's led from the original post!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Ancient records are comprised of the same kind of things that modern records are made of.
Some of it is factual, some of it most definitely is not. The difference is with modern records, we have the advantage of temporal context and personal accountability to help us make heads and tails of it.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It would be arrogant to think they dont exist.. As to their intentions.. Unknown until actual contact is made with them..

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

let us make us a name; lest we be scattered abroad on the face of the whole earth.". 5) And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower(?), which the children of men had builded. 6) And the Lord said, "Behold, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is what they began to do; and now nothing will be with holden from them, which they purpose to do. 7) Go to, "let us go down" (plural), and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.". 8) So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of the earth

Genesis

There has been countless reports of the "men in black" (MIBs) who track-down those who may have come into possession of advance technology or knowledge. I think it is clear that at least some extraterrestrial races want to keep humans on this rock.

As to the proof that these Myths or legends have truth in them, we hear the same thing being told to us from various ancient sources.

Is there any proof? well I'm not an expert in genetics and haven't looked into it but apparently there is a portion of the human genome that is extremely ancient, some have theorised that it must have been introduced!

Watch the video below, it mentions that there is a portion of the human genome that is 350 000 years older then man.

edit on 27-12-2010 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Unless you think Jack and the Beanstalk is a factual account?

Nah, just a really good lie that Jack told after he found out he got swindled out of the family cow, then was able to pull the same con on the local bartender by trading his "magic beans" for a few pints, then got pissed drunk and spun this yarn for his mom (who'd heard it all before)....

I love how the authors of the Bible stated the Angels "defiled themselves" by sleeping with us humans, hehe...did anyone catch that? I still marvel at how anyone can take these texts, written by folks who scarcely even understood the world upon which they stood, as literal tales vs. morality lessons and rehashed myths and legends from numerous sources (including other religions, passed down stories, etc.)....mixed with local history and folklore.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos
there are truths in "ancient myths".

Of course there are truths in ancient myths. Many of these 'truths' are spiritual, moral or allegorical. However, the only way we know which bits are factual truths or remnants of history is where we find evidence that they are true.

We have to treat myths as stories until we have good reason not to. They may or may not be true. Remember, of course, that whole passages of the Bible have been altered or fabricated for political reasons so we can hardly expect other traditions to be any different.

I hope I'm not going to regret that. I've commented on the accuracy The Bible. Please don't try to engage me in a pointless debate about a matter of faith. My comments are not intended to be offensive. I respect the fact that you may not agree. Please respect my right to have a different world view.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Do Humans exist and are they friendly?

Answer that and you have your answer for "aliens".

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Never hurt me mate.

Can be a little bit OTT when they get close/spray that Manna stuff over you as their mother ship departs.

Exist..... Yes

Friendly........... Never hurt me

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Exist? Don't know.
Friendly if they do exist? Could go either way. If life in space is anything like life on Earth, success depends on being very lucky as well as opportunistic. And that may require a good deal of well-timed brutality.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Whoops. I put my reply on another similar thread by mistake. Oh well it's here now

Originally posted by Pimander

Originally posted by realitydiscovered
The sceptics don’t deserve the truth and their reality is too limitited:

Would you like to qualify that comment?

Please explain to me what you think a sceptic is. It certainly isn't about having a limited reality. A sceptic is somebody suspends judgement or maintains doubt until there is enough evidence to end the doubt. Without scepticism, new theories or ideas would be accepted before we can have much confidence in them. Surely you would prefer to KNOW something is true BEFORE taking it as gospel?

Having said that many so called sceptics forget to be sceptical of their own point of view. They often demand much greater levels of proof of the ideas of others than ideas of their own. Also many people think to be a sceptic is to just not believe something regardless of the evidence - which is simply ignoring the facts NOT being sceptical.

As for having a limited world view... I am a sceptic. I want to know the truth. I have dedicated untold hours to move in that direction. My world view, and that of many other sceptics, is plenty big enough to share with E.T.

I have lots of very good reasons to think E.T. is and has been around for a while now. However I cannot prove all of my reasons so I can't nail it down just yet. I am also aware that there is a possibility that I have been deceived and so I have to suspend judgement until more evidence puts paid to the doubt.

Assuming they exist, are they friendly? I imagine some are, some are indifferent and some see us as a danger to ourselves and possibly them. Who knows, some of them may even be our kin or creators. We've all heard the saying 'to fight like brothers'. Lets hope they're more like the mother whose child can do no wrong...

This is where I originally posted this reply. If you're interested in this thread then you might like the other one too.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Interesting post, however as others have pointed out since your source material is a fairy tale then speculating based upon it should be done for entertainment purposes only.

To answer the question in the thread title: Yes they are here and their motives are as alien to us as their appearance, unfortunately however there is good reason to believe that some are very very unfriendly.

Originally posted by mamelukkikala
There's no such thing as an "evil race".

I'm pretty sure that there is, it's known as NASCAR.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This is one of the subjects of my greatest interest. My folks called themselves saucerians and believed that ancient aliens were worshiped as gods and that their ships explained the UFO phenomena as being these ancient races upset and active on Earth after the first atomic tests by humans.

Their interest in us not blowing up a planet they worked hard to terraform and whose rich minerals were so important to them. This is the subject of several stories I have written and is one of my favorite subjects of further study. S&F thanks for posting.

Edit: To the point of the OP. Yes there are aliens and they are among us since in large part they are us. This reminds me of when I first thought that the ancient terraforming aliens likely made us to exploit the mineral resources of this metals rich world and that they likely put in a program for us to see them as our Gods. The programming held until the late industrial age.
edit on 27-12-2010 by wayouttheredude because: explaining my position for the thread

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join