It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP IMPACT: Mexico says its troops killed US man

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

AP IMPACT: Mexico says its troops killed US man

www.google.com

Three soldiers have been charged with killing her son. Two have been charged with planting the assault rifle in his hands and claiming falsely that he fired first, according to a Mexican Defense Department document sent to her through the U.S. Embassy in Mexico City.

It is at least the third case this year in which soldiers, locked in a brutal battle with drug cartels, have been accused of killing innocent civilians and faking evidence in cover-ups.

Such scandals are driving calls for civilian investigators to take over cases that are almost exclusively handled by military prosecutors an
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The type of rifle used is the exact same rifle that we are now to report to the federal government when buying a certain amount in a certain timeframe.

The murder, a term not used loosely, has been carried out by agents of a foreign government.

The murder was covered up, and lied about by that same government.

If there is not international outrage, and demands made on Mexico to quell the violence and get their military under control, we should use our own to quell it for them.

This has gone on far too long, and for a moment picture a scenario such as this occurring in a country like Iran. Picture the outrage that would ensue and possible war. Why is a neighbor nation, who is a vastly more potent threat if not only for it's proximity, allowed to act in such a way is beyond me.

The only excuse is corruption on all fronts. Thoughts?

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
And.. what about the thousands killed for no reason by american soldiers in other countries? "defensive war?"
Any excuse is ok to intervine or invade a country? C´mon, that line of thinking is what make he rest of the world to be mad at the usa.
What about attending domestic violence and excesive weapons domestic ownership and illegal sales? What about the usa domestic drug abuse that is the final cause of all the drugs problems, fights, cartels and everything else?
Mexico has become in some cities a place where there is violence and danger, because the border is the trampolin to drug dealing. But the usa is the pool. What about that? Is not to be solved? Should´t that be the thing usa military or goverment should be focusing at, instead of, as you suggest, intervening in other country?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The problem is, the US is perpetuating the violence in mexico.

Do a little research on the major corporations and government installations that the US has in Juarez and other battle zones.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Depopulation, 1 down 6 billion to go

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
The problem is, the US is perpetuating the violence in mexico.

Do a little research on the major corporations and government installations that the US has in Juarez and other battle zones.

I completely agree with this. If you look at South America and Central America, there is a reason why there is so much extreme chaos in certain locations and America plays a dirty part in this which is why I think the U.S. will do everything in its power to prevent any South American country from being a competitive power in the world.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Man, Mexico can't get away with anything can they.

One innocent dead and the soldiers get the brig.

I guess everyone can't be the USA and kill millions of innocent civilians while hunting down a 'handful' of people who have committed no crime yet, but are labelled "Al Quada" which happens to be a movement that the USA's CIA created in the first place.

When will we see the real face of justice...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I feel that the majority of the community replying to my post severely missed the point. I would kindly like to redirect the topic before it becomes too far off.

When I state that this happening in another country would be a political and P.R. outrage, I mean not that it should be, but that this man's life is more of a political football than something precious.

I mean that with all the lives lost across the border at the hands of a corrupt government, the best we can come up with is emergency legislation to report weapon sales in the United States. Legal weapon sales, might I add. Those sales only become illegal when they are sold to persons whom have no legal right, and even a restriction, to owning them.

I mean that the political cannon has been pointed at the American people, while corporations who actually have the money, power, interest and other means to exploit a population under siege are allowed to operate with little public ridicule or even question.

I mean that it takes a human life lost from the American side for any real heart-felt mention to occurr in the MSM.

I mean that while we have the means to end this war, through avenues of approach such as legalization of drug trade, military intervention (one of the few the federal governments original and sacred duties) and nearly endless other methods, our federal government chooses not to and this life. The life of this man, is lost because of it. The lives of all Mexicans caught up in the crossfire of a highly profitable war for corporations and governments is for naught except a bottom line.

Does that help the topic remain, well, on topic?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Looks like the mexican army learned well from their american trainers at the school of the americas..

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
I feel that the majority of the community replying to my post severely missed the point. I would kindly like to redirect the topic before it becomes too far off.

When I state that this happening in another country would be a political and P.R. outrage, I mean not that it should be, but that this man's life is more of a political football than something precious.

I mean that with all the lives lost across the border at the hands of a corrupt government, the best we can come up with is emergency legislation to report weapon sales in the United States. Legal weapon sales, might I add. Those sales only become illegal when they are sold to persons whom have no legal right, and even a restriction, to owning them.

I mean that the political cannon has been pointed at the American people, while corporations who actually have the money, power, interest and other means to exploit a population under siege are allowed to operate with little public ridicule or even question.

I mean that it takes a human life lost from the American side for any real heart-felt mention to occurr in the MSM.

I mean that while we have the means to end this war, through avenues of approach such as legalization of drug trade, military intervention (one of the few the federal governments original and sacred duties) and nearly endless other methods, our federal government chooses not to and this life. The life of this man, is lost because of it. The lives of all Mexicans caught up in the crossfire of a highly profitable war for corporations and governments is for naught except a bottom line.

Does that help the topic remain, well, on topic?

The u.s government has no regard for human life whether its american citizens or foreign nationals.. They are the largest arms dealer in the world.. They destabilise and topple the governments of foreign countries.. Murder innocent people around the world for "freedom and democracy" which is neither.. The world is fed up with their antics..

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
The u.s government has no regard for human life whether its american citizens or foreign nationals.. They are the largest arms dealer in the world.. They destabilise and topple the governments of foreign countries.. Murder innocent people around the world for "freedom and democracy" which is neither.. The world is fed up with their antics..

This is an off-topic post. The topic of this post is basically the use of this mans death as a political cannonball. I'm not sure what discussion this poster meant to contribute to, but it was certainly not this one.

To the poster, the OP is about the Mexican government murdering an American in cold-blood, then covering it up by placing a weapon on him that did not belong to him. The discussion has evolved into the question of why something like this is allowed to happen so close to our border, when had it happened elsewhere in the world it would be a much more inflated story.

Fact-Checker : Murder just happened across our soverign border of an American citizen. The neighboring government covered it up. Replace Mexico with North Kored and/or Iran and we would be at war today if the story were true.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Oh look! Another thread that started off with a great premise and topic and quickly got dragged down to yet another anti America thread

Just think, all of you bashing and hating America and calling for the end of 6 billion lives, you are no better than what you preach and who you hate.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

The point that attempting to make is that the u.s holds itself above international law.. Yet expects others to follow it.. The case in the article you posted is a prime example.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
Oh look! Another thread that started off with a great premise and topic and quickly got dragged down to yet another anti America thread

Just think, all of you bashing and hating America and calling for the end of 6 billion lives, you are no better than what you preach and who you hate.

I fail to see how any of my posts, unless of course taken wholly out of context, could be viewed as Anti-American. Of course, the criteria to be called anti-American have changed to accomodate whomever is making the accusation throughout history.

I hope you are not implying that as a veteran of foreign wars, a shareholder in a 100% American business, a beneficiary of another, and a pro-American activist, I am anti-American because I point out that this tradgedy is being used rather than merely reported?

Or rather, that you are proclaiming you are such a champion of these very ideals that you can judge whom you please?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
reply to post by sbctinfantry

The point that attempting to make is that the u.s holds itself above international law.. Yet expects others to follow it.. The case in the article you posted is a prime example.

I completely agree, however, I am not addressing that in this topic. If you would like to address that topic, it is grounds for creating a new thread with a title that, if I may, should read :

How the U.S. Holds Itself Above International Law

I would even be keen to the promise of examining that topic inside this one, had you addressed the topic presented to begin with. Now, will you do that much?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I get it finally! Since it is the opinion of some people that America does not follow international law, it is now ok other countries to not follow the same law. Americans are fair game in other words, can not expect to rely on international law and can not say anything about it. So the OP had no topic to begin with because he is American and can not say anything about or have an opinion about another country and any injustice that takes place in it.

I wonder how many people live in a country that has done no wrong in their history and is Lilly White enough to allow their citizens to complain.
edit on 26-12-2010 by GTORick because: Typo

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The horrible violence across the border could be ended overnight............legalise drugs..........but the USA has a vested interest keeping mexico a war zone.........the CIA profits from drug sales to help fund black ops and it also insures a steady flow of cheap labor that will not speak up to the government storm troopers because they are illegal aliens and this hell-hole beats the one they came from

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

I fail to see how any of my posts, unless of course taken wholly out of context, could be viewed as Anti-American. Of course, the criteria to be called anti-American have changed to accomodate whomever is making the accusation throughout history.

I hope you are not implying that as a veteran of foreign wars, a shareholder in a 100% American business, a beneficiary of another, and a pro-American activist, I am anti-American because I point out that this tradgedy is being used rather than merely reported?

Or rather, that you are proclaiming you are such a champion of these very ideals that you can judge whom you please?

I dont believe I singled you out at all did I? Guilty conscience? I was actually referring to most of the other replies and I even complimented your opening post and the premise of the thread.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

So if you do not like what the government is doing then you want to kill everyone in the world???????

I know its off topic but i would love to here how those two are connected

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

So disagreeing with a government is hating all the people in that nation?

I disagree with nearly everything the Israeli gov't does. Does this mean I am an anti-semite?

Sorry to go off topic OP, but this one is just asinine. Might as well have closed the post with 'git er done'

top topics

<<   2 >>

join