It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Excellent Video "We Journalists" - The War That You Do Not See

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I did a search and did not find this thread, I did find one thread talking about the upcoming video but not directly about it.

Pilger says in the film: "We journalists... have to be brave enough to defy those who seek our collusion in selling their latest bloody adventure in someone else's country... That means always challenging the official story, however patriotic that story may appear, however seductive and insidious it is.

For propaganda relies on us in the media to aim its deceptions not at a far away country but at you at home... In this age of endless imperial war, the lives of countless men, women and children depend on the truth or their blood is on us... Those whose job it is to keep the record straight ought to be the voice of people, not power."

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Control of media is a very important ingredient in Fascism.
Everyone calls everyone sheeple, but in all honestly it's not completely their fault
It's not like real unbias information is readily available
Everything is commentary now

But this video is very important and perhaps we could all email pbs and ask them to play the show.

Spread The Word!
edit on 26-12-2010 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Good documentary. I only saw half of it when it was on TV as it was on quite late so thanks for posting,

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
it is not the sheeple's fault......KINDA..

the sheeple thing is about the mental abilities of sheeple.. they buy what they see and hear because they are the ones of lower IQ. those of us that use sheeple are usually the ones who can see/hear B.S. where/when ever it happens..

iq is the "connect the dot" ability..

smart people hate dumb people out of survival of our species..

anyway,, excellent thread.. lou dobbs, dan rather, tim russert were the closest we had.. on radio we have michael savage.. i can't think of anyone else, can you?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Isn't the fact that journalists are noticing (how could they not?) AND speaking out (how could they not?). It IS a journalist's profession, after all. Sorta like make the "fascism" cries a bit.....overreactive? Are the journalists being silenced? Rounded up, shot in firing squads?

Seems as if, historically, "true fascism" crept in in different ways....and, in eras that lacked the virtually instantaneous exchange of information we enjoy today. In fact, it seems more and more that people have already begun to take the luzury of our instant access for granted.

Pull out some so-called (by now...how ironic) "vintage" movies....from that dim, dark era known as the "70s" and the "80s"....you will see amazing sights, like telephone booths, and people who are not SLAVES to their technological devices (like "Crack"Berries)....actually existing without having to check the weather on their SmartPhones every twenty seconds.....stuff like that.......

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Sad to see this has gotten almost no attention. Good flick, good journalist in Pilger. One of the few good guys left.

Nice how the journalists want to pass the buck. They just repeat what they are told without bothering to check and see if it's true or not.This is why I don't bother to listen to MSM news anymore, it's all BS.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Very good video documentary

S&F

new topics

top topics

join