It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity... The key to free energy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Hi,

I have not posted for a bit and just saw this and thought that the members of ATS would help flesh it out.

I have been thinking about how humans create electricity. I am concerned that humans seem to create the majority of the power through burning things (Please excuse my scientific terminology, I am no scientist.). This has led me to think of the energies that about on earth which are 'free'. Such things as wind, sea, solar and gravity.

I have just seen a program that mentioned the

The Emperor Fountain

This is a gravity powered fountain which can shoot water 90 metres in the air. The power of the fountain is generated by "water dropping 122 metres, through a 40 centimetre iron pipe from a man-made lake".

Pic of the fountain

So this appears to be gravity being used to generate energy. If fitted with a turbine, would the fountain provide power? I would say so.

If this idea was developed, would this provide clean, free energy?

Any comments would be welcomed.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Hmmm

I thought these were called dams?

As in the Hoover dam? Great idea! 200 years too late.

The title is misleading.. Thought you were going to enlighten us with a connection between electron spin and its relationship to gravity via muon waves, unfortunatly though, you decided to share an idea about power from burning things as to archaic, so how about from dropping water?
edit on 26-12-2010 by ArcAngel because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cedik

It's called hydroelectric energy and it's been around for quite some time.
2nd line.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Sounds like you are thinking about Micro Hydro Power.

If you have land and access to elevated water- and can get permits- then this works.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Doh,

You are totally right.

So this means that it is only our finances which stop us from having free electricity.

I would be interested to see what pressure of water you would need to power a house.

Any ideas?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

Yes that is exactly what I mean. I am very interested in being able to create my own energy.

Thanks for the link, i will do some reading

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I already thought of this when I was a kid, back in primary school during science. I can do it over here as I live on a hill, perhaps my hometown can one day sell electricity to the national grid!

new topics

top topics

join