It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Negativity breeds Negativity...in the same way...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Negativity breeds Negativity...in the same way...Positivity breeds positivity.

What do you contribute to the world and yourself? Are you a negative or positive force. Do you encourage peace understanding, love or do you encourage unrest, misunderstanding and anger?

The thing we contribute to the world is reflected back.

What does your reflection look like?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It's a difficult question, one that may be difficult for some to answer. If you answer it in your heart and not in this thread I will still be happy.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
We don't control the force that plays with us and sometimes it can be hard to not fall into negativity, especially if that's what is being projected towards you. It is important for people to see themselves as everything and everyone around them, and act accordingly. This is the kind of attitude I remind myself to have every day of my life. Wonderful post I hope more people see it, star and flag.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

"No one can do good if you make them feel bad."

Water has been scientifically proven to react to emotions, almost instantaneously. And we are made up of water. Meaning we are basically walking conductors of emotion.

Being sensitive to how the water inside of us is affected by our surroundings is a huge step towards keeping a positive/strengthened outlook on situations.

But you can't deny negative emotions, that only works on your exterior - your interior is still being affected, regardless if you choose to acknowledge it. One can move to the hills by themselves, and this may work for them, but all of us don't have that option. By embracing both polarities (yin/yang), your body isn't as susceptible to stress.

I say, be sensitive to how your surroundings are making you feel. If you don't like it, don't put yourself through it. If there is a thread on this website about some kid getting shot five times, it is not necessary that you click the link, read the article, or watch the video. Some people think they are hardening themselves by viewing the story, when in truth you are subjecting yourself to unreasonable stress.

It's kind of like touching a hot stove. It burns. So you stop touching it.

For some reason, we have been conditioned to touch this kind of "subconscious hot stove", and some have even learned to enjoy it. While some have learned to deny that they are even being burned, regardless of whether or not their soul is on fire.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Bah, I got's no hair...that's what it looks like...

I actually look in the mirror every morning and every night just to "see" who I really am. At first I didn't like myself much, but have grown to love the person that I have become..

but it's an ongoing process as I am always changing and having to adapt..

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

kinglizard,

Well I am a positive person but you find some things you are positive about it is negative to others. So when that happens it is best to be civil and be respective as we all have a right to our own opinion. However it does not mean a person is to buckle in to what we find not true. A healthy debate then should be the objective.

I've observed it gets heated sometimes and I am apalled by that.

This is a needed discussion.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Ive tried at least five times to answer your questions, and to be quite honest, I could not. Or at least in a positive way.
Sometimes it takes a complete stranger to point out the obvious

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthiron
However it does not mean a person is to buckle in to what we find not true.

What happens if we "buckle"? It is any less true of false to that person because of our reaction?

Be positive, show understanding and if a person disagrees be okay with it..

Let you reflection be the supreme truth...love.

edit on 12/26/2010 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Good question KingLizard.
For me, probably both. I'm very negative towards myself but outwardly positive. By that I mean that I give more than I can afford, so to speak.
I do believe that we create our own reality from our subconscious, I just wish I could get my subconscious to play nicely! lol
edit on 26/12/10 by HelionPrime because: typo

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

kinglizard,

Sure thing it is ok to disagree for me he and you. I require no one to agree with me as I am a strict thinker and I have a supreme love for the truth. I hold the Word of God to be the foundation of truth and I know a lot of folks do not but they have that right. Some want to debate on that and I like that as long as it don't get heated.

We are in serious times and serious thought now is great. We should look to see positive ways to cope. That of course is getting harder to do and people get edgy. That is another reason for us all to be more considerate toward one another.

I will work to do my part.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
You raise some very thought provoking questions. I agree with HELIONPRIME , in that both negative and positive forces emanate from us. On a personal level, I feel I have a positive outlook ; I work out , I quit smoking five years ago, I've lost weight rather than gaining, I'm retired ,yet try to stay active and curious about the world around me.
However, my view of what's going on in the world is most emphatically pessimistic and negative ! Everywhere I search out the news ...conflict and wars...huge economic problems on a global scale...lies and deceit from all our leaders and from all the corporations that supply us with more of what we don't need...the greed and selfishness that allows so many to be hungry and sick. We need a redirection and refocusing of what is really important to us . What will be the impetus to change is beyond my understanding.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The whole positive vs negative thing is a tricky one.

What if I read your post and desired to act negative and encourage negativity? If I was successful, one may consider it to be positive!

It's a part of duality. Duality causes seperation and friction.

A saying I've often found to be ineffective is ''Try to be positive''.

''Try'' suggests failure and ''positive'' suggests negative.... so perhaps.. 'Don't be negative' would be more effective, although it hardly sounds encouraging.

From what I've learnt, 'be true to oneself and ignore the ego' is the sort of advice one should accept to combat the problems of duality, but then again, it' kinda suggests 'one vs duality'...so the battle never seems to end.

Be true to yourself and forget the ego judgement and duality.

Peace

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hm...This reminds me of a quote I wants read and I think, went something like: " Don't ever plan your life ahead, cause you'll never be able to include the amount of assholes you run into. "

edit on 26-12-2010 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beyond Creation
What if I read your post and desired to act negative and encourage negativity?

Then you would be adding negativity to the world and have encouraged others to do the same. This negativity can sit with people which can make them lash out in other threads...maybe I'd find one of your threads to get back at you.

On the other hand if you disagreed with my thread you could express it in a positive and understanding way. This positiveness influences others to treat you with the same respect and kindness. Heck they may even spread the attitude to others through their actions...and so on it goes.

Originally posted by Beyond CreationIf I was successful, one may consider it to be positive!

You could be proud of your negativity but it will spread, even just a little with others. You should expect the negativity to be returned to you in one way or another.

edit on 12/26/2010 by kinglizard because: spelling

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Negativity breeds Negativity...in the same way...Positivity breeds positivity.

What do you contribute to the world and yourself? Are you a negative or positive force. Do you encourage peace understanding, love or do you encourage unrest, misunderstanding and anger?

The thing we contribute to the world is reflected back.

I do agree that Negativity breeds Negativity but after a time frame of understanding the Negative can produce a positive and the individual persons power becomes stronger and people begin to understand others predictament in life!

If you assist others in love, peace and understanding a person will be strong but if a negative happens to the individual it effects the positive person harder due to the fact that their mindframe has been positive and vis versa!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
That is just bull#.
Sometimes negativity is just realism, and positivity nothing else than naiveté.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

''Then you would be adding negativity to the world and have encouraged others to do the same. This negativity can sit with people which can make them lash out in other threads...maybe I'd find one of your threads to get back at you.''

You can try but I don't lash out very often. Some of my posts may be defensive or critical but usually constructive.

In my previous post, I attempted to explain that positivity and negativity are simply part of duality. Some things can happen to one, that initially seem negative, but after a while it results in something positive.

Whether something is positive or negative is decided by the ego as they only exist in ones attitude or judgement, and this is because one is attached to the results.

Interestingly, my previous post I would not consider to be negative or conflicting towards your topic. I feel that you have decided to allow yourself to understand it only as negative.

If one is interested in spiritual growth or enlightenment, then one must stop projecting the duality of positive & negative. A great way to develop this is to learn to not get attached to results.

Peace

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I found this article this morning while getting my morning news and thought of this thread right away. It not only describes this phenomenon but offers advice as well.

How to tame the monsters in your mind

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Sometimes in the course of an adult life a difficult decision that will effect others who you know . Sometimes factors such as what you want your future kids to grow up believing in terms of there moral compass . Other people can force you to make decisions that at least in the short term have a negative impact . For instance before Xmas I had to face the fact that someone I had viewed as good friend was a likely wife basher . A long story short ( I don't want to go into the morals of my decision as this thread may not be the place .) I ended the friendship .

Based on this and some of the threads I make here on ATS that I am something of a negative person . The people you know personally and what they tell you are often the best guide to who you are . I have not gotten any feed back from my friends to suggest that I am a negative person .

How is this a topic do to with Religious or faith ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join