It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawmakers seek cash during key votes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Well, I doubt this will come as a surprise to anyone here at ATS.

Moreso just a further corroboration of the bought and paid for cess pool that we refer to as the American political body.

Nothing but a bunch of whores selling out the people and law to the highest bidders.

Corporatocracy at work in all of its splendor...

Lawmakers seek cash during key votes

Numerous times this year, members of Congress have held fundraisers and collected big checks while they are taking critical steps to write new laws, despite warnings that such actions could create ethics problems. The campaign donations often came from contributors with major stakes riding on the lawmakers' actions.

Continued:

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Sorry DD, got a big fricking glimpse of DODD when zooming over there. I thought since it is the Christmas vacation and the 111th Congress is DEFUNCT, I would never have to see his sorry # again.

You could warn a fella.

Anyway, I have a wishlist, that Santa told me on Christmas would come true. For each week of the new Congress, a piece of legislation masquerading as law would be sacrificed. If not, I will continue in my endeavors of peaceful non compliance, hell, even if they do I will continue.

So, the military is bigger.
The Banks are stronger.
The unemployment is higher.
The TSA is gropier.
The Gitmo is fuller.
The Wars are fuller.

The Democrats have to be singing in the streets with the news, right?
I mean, they are NOT hypocrites are they? Sheepishly said, just ..........quietly.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I love it... when they are cornered their response is "This is unrelated. My only consideration when voting is the good of my state, country, and constituants". Farking ^$%^*(876. We all know they can lie just as easily as they can tell the truth.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Theyd sell their mothers if it would get them what they want.. The corrupt bastards in d.c could care less what the public thinks or wants.. Theyre to busy shagging interns , trashing the constitution, planning what country to invade next and counting their bloodmoney.. Business as usual in the totalitarian states of amerika..

new topics

top topics

join