It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Oil Discovered Covering Gulf Floor.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Great! Now BP can make the gulf people happy by finding cost effective ways to siphon that gloop and reap some of the losses by converting it to usable billions of dollars worth of oil. Creates jobs. Cleans the floor. Gives 3rd parties something to keep them from going into current bankrupsys. Gas prices may not be so high. BP makes a killing.

FIRST!

...all royalties paid to me! I promise it will be put towards a worthy cause!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Alright, the corexit could be poisonous to the animal and plant life there.

Tell me mr know it all, what happens to all the oil that seeps NATURALLY from the ocean floor?

Does it destroy everything?

How bout doing an investigation into that? Since removing the oil, which COMES NATURALLY from the earth itself, maybe we are helping the planet if it is sooooooo poisonous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is exactly what BP argument will be! This what they planned. It's true that some oil does naturally seep up and then evaporates into the gulf but not 500 million gallons. BP will argue this point.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Listen they did a great job sweeping this under the rug.. why drag it up again? let it die with all the sealife

to continue with this topic is pointless they are right we are wrong when will you people ever learn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit on 26/12/10 by M3T4LH34D because: more exclamation marks required

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Thats the trouble with people, they eventually die.
The mega corps are eternal.
They bestride the world like gods, sweeping all before them in an insane sociopathic quest for more domination, money and power .
BP knows the next goverment will have forgotten all about the problem, and the drilling will be allowed in even deeper waters.
Its all so relative, The firm Halliburton buys up Boots and Coots the largest oil spill cleanup company in the world....
Two weeks later the macondo well blows up killing eleven and injuring seventeen,the well spurts oil out of control for months, and is finally plugged after much damage is already done to the gulf,
The supplier of the cement to plug the well origonally?Halliburton of course.....
When are people gonna straighten up and pull their heads out of their rears?
This is all one giant robbery!
It goes on and on!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

You are comparing a Leaking Tap to somebody blowing a hole in a Dam Wall.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
This is absurd.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This oil spill was never stopped. It's leaking through a fractured sea floor and will continue to do so until the reservoir is reduced to a point where eternal pressure equals internal pressure which will probably take a decade or more. It can't be stopped. That's what Matt Simmons kept saying and they killed him for it most likely.

The government and BP have lied about this event since it started. They killed our Gulf of Mexico and they killed the Gulf stream which has already brought severe cold weather to Europe.

You know the REALLY sad part is that we know that this was all a waste. We have hundreds of years of oil in Alaska that was classified a "national secret" according to Lindsey Williams. So we didn't need to do ANY deep water drilling anyway. The Russians do ALL their deep wells on land because they're not stupid. That's why they're the #1 producer of oil on this planet while the United States is a total joke!

And here's the kicker. We don't even need any of this oil anyway. We have all the whistle blowers that have come out through Project Camelot and Steven Greer that tell us that Nikola Tesla was indeed correct when he created zero point energy almost 100 years ago. The US has been using this in secret since the 60's and so the entire oil economy is just there to milk you like a cow!

Oh and you can also power cars and trucks on just water just like Stanley Meyer and Daniel Dingel did. Here's a guy that powered his 94 Dodge truck with water and he's now converting a second vehicle. The truck has gone over 3000 miles on just water. That's the SCAM that the government shills that will tell you this is impossible don't want you to know. It's all a big CON to suppress technology and keep you paying them. Spread the word on this 2004 Dodge truck. I'll be interviewing this inventor soon. Here's all his parts lists and schematics. Will be posting more as I get it.

www.project.nsearch.com...

Spread the word, our Department of Energy has spent trillions of dollars and employs over 250,000 people and have produced NOTHING to get us off oil. These guys made this truck on water for less than $10,000 Wake up, it's being done NOW, no matter what anybody tells you.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

The oil spill has not caused the gulf stream to quit. It may however result in a change of the stream's course, which could have climatic effects on the Atlantic Ocean and weather patterns over the U.S., Europe and Iceland and other places.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Can anyone actually prove the Gulf Currents stopped?

Or is this just rumor?

It should be really easy to prove yes?

Let me know what you find.

If it's true, its a HUGE deal...
But I remain skeptical as I have seen no evidence.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

It is just a rumor. Take a moment or two and read this regarding the gulf current please.

oceancurrents.rsmas.miami.edu...

If the current were stopped we would ALL know it.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I'm about ready to go to sleep, tired, and will post more coherent thoughts later.

But just a few stray ones off the top of my head - I am a scientist. I could've worked to fix this. But the Bureaucrats and money people don't care much for hard science in relation to the bottom line.

I know. I gave 20 years, half my life to science, and the jobs thereof.

I worked and studied so hard....

And money is the answer. Administered through idiots.

I cannot even relate the disgust and disillusionment I feel.

I used to live in Mexico. An astonishingly beautiful place with absolutely wonderful people.

And I see this.

I even embarked on the study of Environmental Science. I could see straightaway that it was a losing cause.

I gave up.

But I am so ANGRY! that maybe - I will go back.

All for now because I need some sleep.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
when oil stops to behave like oil, then you have globules of tar -- the dispersants do their job, sink the # into the deepest parts of the ocean and then expect microbes to be as active there. The surface is warmer, has more light and is more hospitable. There is more oxygen there too. And more surface area. Now we're stuck with this problem and it's consequences for longer than if we let nature take it's course resolving. These people are just idiots who are playing god. There was no huge problem; they created it because they are either doing something cold and calculated to # with us or they are just blithering, foolish lunatics, incompetent and rotten to the core.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

There has been some speculation that the event was caused by the El Niño phenomenon, which has global knock-on effects causing a change to the path of the jet stream, affecting the North Atlantic oscillation, reducing warm air flow into Europe[109]

en.wikipedia.org...

Counter-intuitive but true, say scientists: a string of freezing European winters scattered over the last decade has been driven in large part by global warming.

Biting winters driven by global warming: scientists

Very informative and interesting link:www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

if its on the floor better start recovering it!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
BP is a company gone MAD.
They have lost all their senses, all logic, reason and ethic.

Come on .. how stupid can a company be?
Burning more than $30 billion in order to save a couple millions?
LOL LOL LOL

They are really dumber than #.
But the freakin U.S. government is complicit, because they apparently:

-DO NOT demand appropriate security standard on high sea drilling
-DO NOT control and supervise such activity
-HAVE NO CLUE whether the companies adhere to security measures

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

Over a million gallons of corexit was pumped onto and into the gulf during the blowout.
Combining with the oil, it has now sunk to the bottom.This sedimentary mixture is deadly to the bottom life, though fish and eels seem unharmed at this point.
The discovery of this crap covering many square miles of
The ocean floor, leaves us to wonder if the very worst of repercussions may be yet to come from the gigantic oil spill.
Surely BP must be held to account for long term damages and cleanup if possible of this stuff.

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

I have no doubt that BP, should be held accountable but what about the other firms, "sub contractors" that were involved. Why havent you mentioned them?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

...This sedimentary mixture is deadly to the bottom life, though fish and eels seem unharmed at this point.

I heard that the fish in the gulf, while alive, are inedible. They say that there is enough petroleum in their system to slowly poison any people who eat them, causing the same amount of liver damage that alcoholism would cause.

Stay away from fish in The Gulf.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Alright, the corexit could be poisonous to the animal and plant life there.

Tell me mr know it all, what happens to all the oil that seeps NATURALLY from the ocean floor?

Does it destroy everything?

How bout doing an investigation into that? Since removing the oil, which COMES NATURALLY from the earth itself, maybe we are helping the planet if it is sooooooo poisonous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would think the oil that naturally SEEPS smh does come out in a more natural form associated with the level its located at below sea bed. That oil that LEAKED EXPLODED ECT. came frome deep within Earth from a lower level environment location FOREIGN to CLOSE to higher level sea bed located SEEPING OIL.

So its not the same oil mixture CHEMICALLY... UM JUST SAYEN

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I don't know why this news is just showing up now i thought we all knew this was happening

"Scientists said earlier this week that they had found thick patches of oil coating the sea floor, raising questions about government conclusions that much of the oil from the spill was gone. "

Article from mid-september (this was found by a quick google search, I'm sure I could find earlier ones but i don't feel like it)
www.nola.com...

edit on 27-12-2010 by jacktherer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join