It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Oil Discovered Covering Gulf Floor.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

BP Oil Discovered Covering Gulf Floor.

www.globalresearch.ca

Several scientists have claimed the discovery of the bulk of BPs lost macondo oil, covering gulf floor.
The use of corexit, has causeed the crude to sink to the bottom.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Over a million gallons of corexit was pumped onto and into the gulf during the blowout.
Combining with the oil, it has now sunk to the bottom.This sedimentary mixture is deadly to the bottom life, though fish and eels seem unharmed at this point.
The discovery of this crap covering many square miles of
The ocean floor, leaves us to wonder if the very worst of repercussions may be yet to come from the gigantic oil spill.
Surely BP must be held to account for long term damages and cleanup if possible of this stuff.

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
From what I understand the worst of all is that BP's actions/error has caused the Gulf Stream to quit. Thats a pretty huge global disaster. Day After Tomorrow is one possiblity, that movie comes to mind.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The US government should also be held accountable for damage, for letting BP get away with as much as they did. They helped them hide stuff. Plus they're still trying to say the seafood is safe to eat. Absolutely ridiculous.

I saw a documentary on Doczone recently about deep water drilling, mostly about Canada but they used the Gulf of Mexico disaster to show how bad things could get. It showed the fishermen still trying to get shrimp, they aren't having much luck, as they are full of oil.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Alright, the corexit could be poisonous to the animal and plant life there.

Tell me mr know it all, what happens to all the oil that seeps NATURALLY from the ocean floor?

Does it destroy everything?

How bout doing an investigation into that? Since removing the oil, which COMES NATURALLY from the earth itself, maybe we are helping the planet if it is sooooooo poisonous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

The title of your thread does not correspond with the subject article. The article blames the Obama administration as much, if not more than, BP efforts to contain or disperse the oil. You completely ignore this. Moreover, this blog post is neither breaking nor news. It is pure personal opinion loosely based on speculation.

Here's some examples from the blogger's post:

I have repeatedly pointed out that BP and the government applied massive amounts of dispersant to the Gulf Oil Spill ... . BP and the government denied this, of course.
[A]s the Wall Street Journal noted on December 9th:
The new findings ... mark the latest indication that environmental damage ... could be significant ... .

Scientists ... report finding layers ... from what they suspect is BP oil.

The material appears in spots ... , though many organisms that can swim appear healthy.

The test results also raise questions about ... the government's use of chemical dispersants. ... Under federal direction, about 1.8 million gallons of dispersants were sprayed ... .

www.globalresearch.ca...

The blog goes on to criticize the Obama administration's handling of the financial crisis and tries to tie it to the blowout.

The blog is nothing more than a personal political rant.
edit on 26-12-2010 by jdub297 because: posting w/o re-reading

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

You do realize that there is a differance between oil seepage (in the form of the occasional bubble of oil floating to THE SURFACE) vs a blanket of oil laying on the ocean floor blocking all oxygen intake, yeah?

Adding obligatory exclaimation points for no apparent reason...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 12-26-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It's been proven corexit is toxic to living organisms, so there is no "could be."

Oil does not seep from the ocean floor at this rate. Also, when it seeps, it is dispersed at a rate that can be broken down naturally. Have you seen any of the videos of the oil spill, seriously?

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

Tell me mr know it all, what happens to all the oil that seeps NATURALLY from the ocean floor?

How bout doing an investigation into that? Since removing the oil, which COMES NATURALLY from the earth itself, maybe we are helping the planet if it is sooooooo poisonous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Apparently the more exclaimation points you use, the more convincing the arguement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See what I did there? I win.

reply to post by rogerstigers

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

BP's actions/error has caused the Gulf Stream to quit.

Both the factual assertion and the attribution of causation are completely unsupported by credible evidence. This is ridiculous and sadly uninformed.

deny ignorance

jw

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

What evidence do you have than anyone has found

a blanket of oil laying on the ocean floor blocking all oxygen intake
?

The OP and his blogger source do not have any proof this is true, or even suspected.

deny ignorance

jw.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

Thank you..

And from the OP's link-

"The chemical signatures are identical," said Mr. Hollander, who found the contaminated samples in an area of the Gulf floor off the Florida Panhandle. Although it's conceivable the tests could show a false match with the BP oil, "the statistical probability of something like that is unimaginable," Mr. Hollander said.

The federal government also has found oil matching Macondo oil in Gulf sediment, Steve Murawski, a top National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration scientist, said in an interview. He declined to disclose how much sediment contamination the government found, or exactly where in the Gulf it was, saying experts still are analyzing the test results

Samantha Joye, a University of Georgia oceanographer, also has found what she believes to be evidence of BP oil in Gulf sediment. She is awaiting lab results tracing the chemical fingerprints of sediment samples she took.

This article is all heresay. Thier is no conclusive proof. The OP's title is misleading.

If a bird poops on your head, are you going to believe the sky is falling?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

www.youtube.com...

There's lots of proof that the oil sinks when Corexit is used on it...
That's what it was designed to do...
SO before you go running around trying to call everybody else ignorant maybe you should do a YouTube search first...there's lots of hits looking up "oil on bottom of gulf"

This is an ABC report and was one of the 1st hits...

Deny ignoramuses...

ColdKidC
edit on 26-12-2010 by coldkidc because: imbed didn't work - follow link

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
just some more info, oil is there for sure!!!!!!!!!! (does the extra explanation points help?
)

November 29, 2010

When the BP oil well blew out earlier this year, the 4 million barrels that flowed into the sea didn't simply vanish. There's growing evidence that a good portion of it sunk to the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico, where some of it remains.

NPR
There was video of their trip to the floor, I'll see if I can find it.

The cylindrical samples of seafloor share a similar pattern: Those taken within a few miles of the Macondo well are covered with a 2-inch layer of muck that looks like chocolate pudding.

More from NPR Part one. And part two.

Oil from the spill has not gone away, scientists said, estimating that perhaps 25 or 30 percent of it has been accounted for in various ways, while 70 to 75 percent of it has not. Read more: www.bradenton.com...

source

Fears of scientists over the BP oil spill are becoming evidenced in the deep waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Contamination from sunken oil is covering patches of the sea floor like black toxic blankets, smothering the ecosystem and threatening its delicate balance.

source

Anyone who says the oil is not there or not toxic (its natural?-not) is simply not looking at the facts.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

What evidence do you have than anyone has found

a blanket of oil laying on the ocean floor blocking all oxygen intake
?

The OP and his blogger source do not have any proof this is true, or even suspected.

deny ignorance

jw.

Well, my post was mainly targetted at the loony remark that a blanket of oil could be compared to seepage from the GOM floor.

As for the blanket of oil itself, there was plenty of coverage about the findings of Prof. Samantha Joye back in September. She discovered laters of oily material, more than 2 inches thick in some areas. I am trying to see if she ever got the necessary chemical verification that the oil was from the BP incident.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Heres a relavent link ....in answer to your skepticism...ill try to provide more than hearsay.....regards s

www.npr.org...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
HEY, I know the causal effect of adding poisons to the system.

Problem is, does anyone even KNOW what the causal relationship to the release of SOMETHING that is created by the DAMN EARTH?

My gosh, you would think that peeps have this INSANE attribute, that no matter what happens, everyone has to suffer.

Yes, I know the paths that the idiots took were wrong.

So tell me, who are you going to punish, everyone? Or is the whole ecological thing to be used like the AGW hoax?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
From what I understand the worst of all is that BP's actions/error has caused the Gulf Stream to quit.
What do you mean by that?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Heres a relavent link ....in answer to your skepticism...ill try to provide more than hearsay.....regards s

www.npr.org...

Please read yor link throughly. You are supporting our scepticism.

From your link-

How did the oily sediment get there? Joye says it's possible that chemical dispersants might have sunk some oil, but it's also likely that natural systems are playing an important role.

"The organisms that break down oil excrete mucus — copious amounts of mucus," Joye says. "So it's kind of like a slime highway from the surface to the bottom. Because eventually the slime gets heavy and it sinks."

That sticky material can pick up oil particles as it sinks. Joye can't yet say with certainty that the oily layer is from BP's blown-out well.

And wouldn' it be also natural that if there were an abundance of oil, which I am not denying the spill, that there would also be an abundance of microbes eating the oil thus creating

copious amounts of mucus.
?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Common sense says its chemically matched then its probably from the macondo well....
The sample cores indicate oil...up to inches deep. dead sea worms. on the bottom,what dos that sound like to you?
It is in large sections miles by miles.Only so much oil was recovered, where did the rest go>
It wasnt digested by microbes thats for sure...(But then again BP has produced an oil munching microbe hasnt it?)I wonder if that could also be a reason no oil is being seen up top?Could they have been injecting them into the oil?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join