It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA transformed into 'Global Intelligence Organization'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

DEA transformed into 'Global Intelligence Organization'

www.sodahead.com

WASHINGTON — The Drug Enforcement Administration
has been transformed into a global intelligence organization with a
reach that extends far beyond narcotics, and an eavesdropping operation
so expansive it has to fend off foreign politicians who want to use it
against their political enemies, according to secret diplomatic cables.

In far greater detail than previously seen, the cables, from the cache obtained by WikiLeaks
and made available to some news organizations, offer glimpses of drug
agents balancing diplomacy and law enforcement in places where it can be hard to tell the politicians from the traffickers
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 26-12-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Wonderful...

Yet ANOTHER extensional arm of big brother run completely amok, and out of control.

This appears to be a recurrent pattern.

These extensionary alphabet soup groups are given unlimited resources (courtesy of the tax-payers), often times unlimited freedom to do as they please, and usually without any oversight or checks and balances.

And then often times, we get the same results as we see here. And it affects ALL of the people, not just here, but as we can see, across the globe. More meddling in foreign affairs.

Awesome useage of our tax-dollars at work. Sigh.

www.sodahead.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 26-12-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: typo

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
DEA works in coordination with other orgz. it isnt a rogue body, it answers to others, i thought it as prudent for me to mention what is fact rather than fiction.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I have to agree that the DEA answers to other organizations. I have always seen the DEA as having the least amount of reach of all the other federal "enforcement" or intelligence agencies. Although I don't exactly agree with their premise, I'm least worried about it going or being rogue. Now I could be wrong, but I believe that the DEA has to rely on the other agencies, such as FBI, NSA, DOD and/or CIA for most of their intelligence, at least the intelligence past human informants.

--airspoon

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost374

post removed by staff, drug references

You just described a major problem with most governments. You can kick out the figureheads but it is the "sargents" who actually run the government and thanks to the Corporate/Government Revolving Door. Those "Sargents" come straight from the Corporate Cartels.

edit on Mon Dec 27 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: UPDATE: The Discussion Of "Illegal Activity" On The Above Network Sites

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

I'm glad you picked out what I feel to be the most important part of my post.

Anyone can go to the federal register and verify it, if it seems too convoluted and absurd to be true.
Another thing they say at the federal register, is that there were only 1500 calls to the poison control center. Those calls were probably just kids tripping out or kids who have never done any drugs before. They don't mention a single death, NOR ANY serious ailments caused by the drug.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
I have to agree that the DEA answers to other organizations. I have always seen the DEA as having the least amount of reach of all the other federal "enforcement" or intelligence agencies. Although I don't exactly agree with their premise, I'm least worried about it going or being rogue. Now I could be wrong, but I believe that the DEA has to rely on the other agencies, such as FBI, NSA, DOD and/or CIA for most of their intelligence, at least the intelligence past human informants.

--airspoon

Please dont forget the ATF and there countless hours.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Actually, for those suggesting the DEA is the least of you're worries, who is it that most actively shrugs off state law? For instance, the DEA has repeatedly denied california and its citizens from making up their own minds up about medical cannabis and decriminalization. You CAN grow cannabis in California but RISK getting you're door kicked in by the DEA and having you're pets, loved ones or yourself shot dead. How about when Colorado was having votes on decriminalization and the DEA was involved with the vote itself? They are a HUGE threat to my personal liberties as are all lawmakers and enforcers.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I really don't know if these people are acting dumb, or are really as dumb as they act. You can see the redundancy in so much they do. Here's an example. Federalregister.gov is an actual website. But the Federal Register isn't at that site, its at gpoaccess.gov
*facepalm*
If anyone can think of a better word than "redundancy," that'd be great. I know there's a better word that describes it but can't think of it.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost374
reply to post by tristar

I really don't know if these people are acting dumb, or are really as dumb as they act. You can see the redundancy in so much they do. Here's an example. Federalregister.gov is an actual website. But the Federal Register isn't at that site, its at gpoaccess.gov
*facepalm*
If anyone can think of a better word than "redundancy," that'd be great. I know there's a better word that describes it but can't think of it.

I see your point to say the least. Its nice or cool or whatever, to see members who are actually on the ball.

edit on 26-12-2010 by tristar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Great find. Gawd you're good, DD.

Awesome useage of our tax-dollars at work.

In a nutshell. But dont'cha know, we have to give up our freedoms to be free.

It's a real conundrum...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
back on topic, It scares me that the DEA is "going global." Also, it really isn't out of the picture that the DEA could be listening in on every Americans cell phone. All you gotta do is look at their yearly drug threat assessment to see they know A LOT more about the going-ons in the drug world than you would think.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Awww.. Now C(aught) I(n the) A(ct) has a little brother tagging along and playing in their sandbox.. Should be fun watching them get in each others way..

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
[SNIP]
All the dealers on the street would be unemployed and cartels completely destroyed by legalisation.
The DEA doesn't care about the well-being of people .. they just pretend, to care about the health of people.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
They are in the business of protecting the monopolies of the intelligence community in drug trafficking, and to fight the competition, namely the cartels that are not connected to the very top.

The DEA is nothing but a bunch of bastards.
God, do I hate drug cops .. if you hate cops 100% .. then you ought to hate drug cops 1000%!
If a DEA cop ruins a young persons life, by capturing him/her with drugs, knowingly that it will ruin his/her life FOR NOTHING when sent to prison for 20-30 years FOR NOTHING ... such a cop has certainly deserved the worst !!!!
edit on Mon Dec 27 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: UPDATE: The Discussion Of "Illegal Activity" On The Above Network Sites

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
In many cases DEA agents working in other countries get intelligences on everything from gun running to the movement of illegal nuclear material.
In some countries where US spies are verboten the DEA can still operate. they don't spy but if they hear things you can bet the word gets passed.
Much of the moving of contraband around the world is done by the same people that move drugs.
many drug cartels also trade in weapons.

All government agencies trade information as long as it does not damage there own projects or for favors from other agencies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join