It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

worst and much worst sequels!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I can just think of a few where the sequel has been bad, followed by a much worse sequel and so on. Off memory I can think of

Critters pt 2-5.
Dusk till daw pt 2-3.
Tremors pt 2-4.
The Mummy pt 2-3.
American pie pt 2-? (I stopped after the second lol)
Police Academy pt 2-7.

I think most friday the 13th and nightmare on elm street sequels have been bad but inconsistent with a good on popping up but nothing great by a long shot.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
all sequels are lame attemts to milk the cash cow , but the " final destination " series is below contempt

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
#1 Star Wars
#2 Lord Of the Rings
#3 Indiana Jones
#4 The Matrix

Wait...What game are we playing?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
matrix and indiana jones definately, also the star was prequels yes. Toxic avenger wasnt great also, though te sequels where totally unbearable

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Well my girlfriend insists that Halloween 3 is actually good, I have my doubts though

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

While i will agree that a sequel is just a way of getting ore cash outta a franchise some hae actually been very good and do break the trend of awfull sequels, ill try and name some but im hung oer and its early so if i miss any please add.....

Leathal weapon 2-3-4 .........All kick ass great films
Die hard 2-3-4.......... once again all just as good
godfather 2 --- ok ill admit that this movie is actually part of the first movie in the book but with added extras it works.
Terminator 2 -- I actually prefere this to the first one,,,, though terminator 3 and the new one can kiss my ass

now for one of the best sequels in history...
STAR TREK 2 THE WRATH OF KAHN------- WOW well without this i doubt there would hae been anymore trek movies

Even with the next generation
STAR TREK FIRST CONTACT,,, again WOW, after generations i thought that was the end but this movie rocked

Another 48HRS
Beverly hills cop 2

ALIENS--- THough the first movie was one of a kind and a gritty horror this sequel took it to a new level with the marines and numerous aliens in epic battles, but did unfortunatley pave the way for Alien 3 which we can never forgive.

The transporter 2 -- ok well it may be just another "look im jason statham Im british and a bit rough round the edges but i have a certain smoothness about myself but check out my fight scenes and doesnt my profile look great while driving a car" project but if you want some fun some popcorn and the ability to walk to the kitchen and get a drink without missing major plot points and spending the remainder of the movie sat like a foriegn exchange student trying to look interested and attentive but really having no clue as to whats bloddy going on then this is for you.

Also before i forget we have jaws 2.... yes just before roy schnieder decided enough was enough and statisically as a police officer you had more chance of being struck by lightining while riding a unicycle over a vat of dog sweat than you did of having more than two encounters with a supersize super smart super bloody vengfull shark . Yes these first two films totally mastered the suspense angle with the music and the camera so 10 out of 10 for jaws and jaws 2 .

And last but not least ill have to submit some classic faves of mine . The dollars trillogy. yes old clint eastwood was masterfull here and aced the role of "the man with no name" totally simple format for all three movies but each one stands in its own as a great western.........

For any martial arts fans out there as well we have
Police story 2
project A part 2
once upon a time in china
drunken master 2
in the line of duty 2
Ip man 2
the legend 2
and many more

But youre right that there a lot of # sequels as well off the top of my head ive got

dusk till dawn 2
starship troopers 2
highlander 2
teen wolf 2

i dont want to go on ut there many more but some still slip through the cracks as good sequels

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
i forgot about star ship troopers wow they all bombed the 1st was passable, but the second and third just terrible! I saw an interesting sequel, one to van dammes cyborg with guess who? Angelina jolie. Looks like an early role she did and now its more of a cash grab if any thing the way it was marketed showing titles she has been in AFTER this movie had been released on the dvd cover

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
anything after the original " scary movie" parody movie series.
hills have eyes 2
rob zombies Halloween 2, ( way to gory extreme violent )
dumb and dumber 2
harry potter series is gay!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Spider-Man 3
Transformers 2

And the only two movies I have ever walked out on happen to be sequels:

Blade Trinity
X-Men: The Last Stand

But also the holy grail of terrible movie sequels:

Highlander 2: The Quickening!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I didnt think blade was that bad if any thing i would have walked out on transformers and spiderman

I am about to watch vacancy 2 however i have no expectations

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
For me, the NeverEnding Story sequels are probably the best example.

The first movie was magical, the second, a great disappointment...the third, unwatchable, anything after (didn't even bother)....

How could Star Wars be included here? Empire is a fan favorite for best of the series.

Star Trek is a notable exception (with the even numbered films being good for some reason)....

Lord of the Rings? It's really all just the same movie. Same with Matrix.

Harry Potter, if you liked the books, you probably like the movies, and like Star Trek, some of the sequels were better than others.

The Scary Movie sequels did get progressively worse though.

Highlander II didn't suck...the fans have all just collectively agreed to forget it ever happened. It didn't exist. Right? The 3rd one wasn't so bad though, (better than II).

edit on 28-12-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think no one has a problem with empire i think its more in regards to the prequels, i think empire is my favourite

Matrix however got really wierd, the second made no sense with a 20 minute sex scene and the 3rd just dragged on forever it felt. I think the last two sequels just got too wierd

As for bad sequels, tremors pt 2-4 and the sequel to screamers was so annoying!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I have never been too keen on the Star Wars movies. I like the general idea and the expanded universe especially, but I don't have too many good things to say about the films. I don't think any of the sequels or prequels are significantly worse than the 1977 film. One thing I have never understood is why people that complain about Jar Jar Binks are accepting to the droids or ewoks. They all essentially kiddy up the movies and ruin the mood. Besides special effects and music, the only compliments I have left is that Harrison Ford and Ewan McGregor gave really awesome performances.

I always liked Scary Movie 3 and 4 better than the first two, I guess I am just alone in that opinion. They are terrible in the same way that all Leslie Nielsen movies have been terrible and groan-worthy, but they are also somehow entertaining in the same way.

reply to post by q_ball

I agree with you about the Matrix. The first one was brilliant and my favorite movie. The second and third just left you with a lot of unanswered questions that complicated things.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

OVER complicated

top topics

join