It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange's book deals worth $1.5 million

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
George W. Bush Lands $7 Million Book Deal

Pishaw on anyone who thinks that Assange making money for the defense of his personal life is anything compared to how much Bush made for designing military contracts...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I just doubt whether his book worths so much money or not, it seems that people already know much about him.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyvia
I just doubt whether his book worths so much money or not, it seems that people already know much about him.

Transition from old media to new media...there are companies who still operate on the projective models of the past...and people will likely read it...older generation anyways...

Perception is generational and experiential....it's one of the reasons why there are still disagreements...Make no mistake...there is much catch up needed by the public...-sighs-...maybe even decades of such...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Assange could've got 10x what's he's doing this for.
Probably the reason he isn't asking that much is for integrity reasons.
After tax, he'll really just have enough to cover his legal and other expenses.
There is no way he's going to be pocketing much, if any, after that.

I hope he covers who is biological father is and also speaks more about his childhood running away from his mother partner who was part of that cult.
If he doesn't, then he's wasting time, as it's called AUTOBIOGRAPHY after all. Just not only about Wikileaks.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

What is there to trust exactly? He is a person who has a site that posts information. Take what you will from it, but the primary point you should be focused on is how the government and the people react to the released information, and what's been happening since Wikileaks has been established.

Assange could be a CIA agent or Satan himself, but you don't gotta trust the guy. You just have to see what's been going on with things concerning Wikileaks, and come to your own informed opinion on whether or not you like everything revolving around it. For me personally, it's mostly about reading between the lines.
edit on 27-12-2010 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I have to say that nothing earth-shattering has come of his leaks so far, IMO.

But (I guess) he still has his secret earth-shattering files 'up his sleeve'.

Just saying that he looks a bit shady, whatever the real story is.
edit on 27-12-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This schmuck is only out to make money..

You don't prance your face around for freedom of information
then withhold that information from your people.

Assange couldn't wait for this book deal, and the movie deal, and the fame, the control,

Anyone that still follows this looser is sick in the head..

Shame on you Assange for turning this circus into a money making ordeal.

That is ALL it has been to Assange a way for him to make quick easy money....

How could he even except 1.5 million when there are starving children and people around the world that need help. He doesn't care about no one but himself.

Assange makes me sick....
edit on 27-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

You don't prance your face around for freedom of information then withhold that information from your people.

Exactly.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic

Assange couldn't wait for this book deal, and the movie deal, and the fame, the control,

How could he even except 1.5 million when there are starving children and people around the world that need help. He doesn't care about no one but himself.

Again, you are talking complete rubbish!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

How exactly? We've already seen that this is just pocket change in the book industry. Not to mention the huge costs WL and the charges are going to cause.

Wth? WL is doing exactly the opposite you claim. They are releasing information that would otherwise be hidden to the people. I absolutely don't understand this point at all.

Oh now you know him personally? Say hi to him from me. Of course he will always have 'fame' because he is the spokesperson 'the face' of WL. How exactly does this result into control I don't get either.

Same could be said of certain internet superheroes who spend their time obsessing over him and making stuff up to make him look bad.

Money making yeah right

Quick easy money to upkeep and run WL. Easy like in get a bullseye target painted on your back by huge corporations, governments etc.

Oh no. He isn't personally feeding the hungry! He really must be the devil in disguise then. Could you just come up with something little more valid than this? At least try.

Yeah we all seen how he has reached out and touched you. Maybe you should consult a doctor. It seems really serious.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Lol well said!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I think your Jealous of Assange. It's like you feel somehow it should have been you who released the information, or jealous that the information wasn't released the way you would have done it . Either way your Jealous. Get over it and put your petty emotions to one side.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

If someone offered you 1.5 million to tell your life story, you would turn it down right?

Right?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Assange will do anything he can to make a buck..

Assange will even say he is using a condom during sex just to get in your pants,
when he is not, it's called surprise rape, but you trust him for true transparent information?

Assange has not even given us any information worth knowing, yet alone *world changing*.

Shame on you for believing this scam!

I would give it all to the wounded warriors foundation...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Lol sure you would.

uh huh.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

People like you bug me. Do you hate him because he is showing your wonderful government how corrupt they really are. Do you hate him because he is fighting for the truth, and showing people the crimes that governments commit?

Are you really that brainwashed? And to say they have not released anything important is just ignorant. The iraq documents alone speaks volumes.

And all this stuff about "he is doing it for money" is a load of rubbish. Yeah, he has put his life, and his families life at risk, and also the chance of extradition to the USA, and all this for money! lol Really! you need to open your eyes.

Also, i did not know you knew everything about the rape allegations! If you actually read what is out there so far, the whole case is BS in my opinion.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join