It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post the funniest/oddest holiday gifts you've recieved.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by inchworm

No I gave them to goodwill in the mix of a bunch of clothes so no one would see

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
A tiny Christmas tree with 3 bent branches and 1 ornament!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
My dearest father once gave my two siblings and I a Christmas we will never forget when his bad taste in presents reached a new high.

My sister received a barometer, my brother a ship-in-a-bottle and I was gifted a leather waistcoat. After we had met him for the exchanging of gifts, we were hard put to decide who had gotten the most useless present - we were in fits of hysterics!

Our amusement was compounded as we recalled the look on Dad's face as he opened his gift from us - a garden ornament in the shape of gnomes holding hands in a circle. We had to hand it to him, he did a really good job of pretending it was a splendid present!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Here's a fun thing to do with bad gifts - have a "White Elephant" party!

My friend throws one of these around the Holidays every year, you bring a weird gift that no one would want - wrapped of course so no one can see what they are - and then someone passes them out. It's alot of fun!

At this party - I've actually gotten things I LIKED! Got a pair of multi colored candle sticks one time - I still have those.

Personally - I think the worst gifts I received were from my exH : everything from a scale to silverware. He once bought his Mom a new sink for her Birthday LOL.

Another BF bought me thong underwear for Xmas. Hey - those aren't for me - they are for you! Later I was at a friends house complaining about this, they were listening to a radio show about "bad gifts" and arm twisted me into calling in. I did and won a free dinner at a swanky restaurant

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Here's a fun thing to do with bad gifts - have a "White Elephant" party!

My friend throws one of these around the Holidays every year, you bring a weird gift that no one would want - wrapped of course so no one can see what they are - and then someone passes them out. It's alot of fun!

At this party - I've actually gotten things I LIKED! Got a pair of multi colored candle sticks one time - I still have those.

Personally - I think the worst gifts I received were from my exH : everything from a scale to silverware. He once bought his Mom a new sink for her Birthday LOL.

Another BF bought me thong underwear for Xmas. Hey - those aren't for me - they are for you! Later I was at a friends house complaining about this, they were listening to a radio show about "bad gifts" and arm twisted me into calling in. I did and won a free dinner at a swanky restaurant

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This year (yesterday) my mother got me a Superman "snuggie". Now, although I am an admitted comics geek, why on Earth she thinks a 43yr old man would be caught dead in this thing is beyond me!
But now I've decided that the next time I order Domino's I'm going to answer the door wearing it when the pizza arrives!
:

P.S.
In the first pic, make sure you scroll to the right to see the guy wearing it!!

edit on 26-12-2010 by Skippy1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

But now I've decided that the next time I order Domino's I'm going to answer the door wearing it when the pizza arrives!

That would all most be as priceless as slayer doing it in his Iron Man briefs

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

You could do both! Wear the Iron Man briefs with the "Snuggie" draped over the shoulders like a superhero cape!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

I might try that next time I order pizza or the Jehovah Witnesses come a knockin

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Here's another weird "gift" -

I was just re - reading this thread looking for more stories - and I see now that my first post is now double posted. It wasn't when I did it, hours ago, I of course would've edited that.

How did this double post? Hours after I posted it? Hmmm.........

Whiffer Nippets must be the ATS gift that keeps on giving

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
bacon flavored jelly beans in my stocking as a gag gift. i had to try one obviously. it was probably the worst tasting thing that i had ever tasted, truly made me 'gag'

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Arrggghhhh!

Charlie Browns' Christmas tree, i really wanted that and i hoped someone would get it for me.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

Exactly "Charlie Brown's" christmas tree. Sorry you didn't get one - its going to take me forever to take it down and put it away.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join