It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Create A Mutant Mouse That Tweets Like a Bird

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

It is horrible but expected. I already know this kind of madness happened in the past in secret and will be even more common in the future. The people that find this funny and are happy with it are a bunch of ****** that dont understand the seriousness of the situation. To them its like having more comfort, more control. I read once a guy that wished they will "create" pets that dont pee and #. #ing pathetic but thats the mentality of these brainwashed freaks. I have a hard time containing myself knowing this kind of barbaric, shameful and treacherous stuff happen all over the world. There will be no "judgment". Because there is only free will. You cant expect something will happen and end this foolishness. Eventually there will be exctinction? But then what? What will humans destroy before they get destroyed? Will the Earth be able to sustain life after the human oppression? When i think about it, im wondering what will happen to the others planets we might find and colonize. Im wondering if these planets could live the same hell as the Earth? Human repeat the same mistakes over and over... Frigthening. Am i the only one seeing things as they truly are?

These are dangerous times...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Q: "Why are we spending so much money scanning deep space and looking at radiation signatures? Waste of money!"
A: Because if you don't look, your odds of finding something you missed or never saw before plummet. No more a waste for them looking at deep space than you scouring Antarctic maps looking for the door to Hollow Earth is.

Q: "Why are we playing god with genes? Abomination, I say!"
A: Because if we don't try XYZ and see what comes of the processes that follow, we might not find answers to genetic riddles. Just because it looks like a high-priced novelty creature to you doesn't make it so. If it were legal, I'd volunteer myself to genetic research, so we can have HUMAN subjects for HUMAN gene research projects to observe and learn from.

Knowledge is power, and ignorance is a bliss. Our specie has spent an AWFUL LOT of our existence being willfully ignorant under the rule of Religion. The fear of the unknown prevents a lot from being accomplished, and if we expect ourselves to advance scientifically from where we are now, we need to look past the unknown and recognize there is always an informational reward awaiting us.
edit on 12/26/2010 by Nyiah because: typo

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
ha ha. pretty cool. i want cat that sounds like elvis and dances like michael jackson.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mohammed_nz

or a talking pet monkey who can brush my teeth and iron my shirts in the morning

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

Some birds eat mice....so if the mouse can tweet, then perhaps when the bird swoops in for the kill, the mouse can tweet "hey! I'm one of you!"....and the bird will spare him! Oh ....the possibilities!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
I dont support this idea in any way..can you imagine owning one of these it would become ANNOYING very quickly then just imagine someone not wanting it anymore and letting it lose into the wild ..Yikes we would be over ran with mutant singing mice with dog tails

I wouldn't worry about it too much. A mouse that sings like a bird would probably be just toooooo tempting to all those ferile cats out there.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I would take a Emu and turn it into a Raptor. Drop them into someone's country and they're going to lose their food source and have a small Carnivore problem.

All new science gets weaponized early in it's development because THAT's where the funds come from.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This is a good step forward in genetic science and understanding.

Some of you can moan and b**ch all you want about people playing with nature or playing "God". But this isn't about "fun" or "creating pets". It's about understanding how genes and genetic mutations work. I'm not for animal cruelty - but I would be a hypocrite if I said I canot wait until cures for cancer are nothing more than an injection away.

And that WILL NOT come without research like this. I'm sure many of you will say, "Boo, boo! I refuse to take anything that has come from ill/unethical means". Yet I will bet your life that shoudl you be diagnosed with a terminal disease and the cure was derived from this sort of science - you'd "uhmm" and "uhh" your way into accepting the cure.

So long as the animals are cared for, what's the real harm in this particular genetic experiement? A new, highly evolved form of mouse?

From what I gather about some people on ATS, this is precisely how us humans were created by various aliens/giants/reptilians, etc. LOL

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The next logical step in my opinion is to create Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
We need to one up the Japanese for defense purposes.
edit on 26-12-2010 by Beavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by _damon
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

It is horrible but expected. I already know this kind of madness happened in the past in secret and will be even more common in the future. The people that find this funny and are happy with it are a bunch of ****** that dont understand the seriousness of the situation. To them its like having more comfort, more control. I read once a guy that wished they will "create" pets that dont pee and #. #ing pathetic but thats the mentality of these brainwashed freaks. I have a hard time containing myself knowing this kind of barbaric, shameful and treacherous stuff happen all over the world. There will be no "judgment". Because there is only free will. You cant expect something will happen and end this foolishness. Eventually there will be exctinction? But then what? What will humans destroy before they get destroyed? Will the Earth be able to sustain life after the human oppression? When i think about it, im wondering what will happen to the others planets we might find and colonize. Im wondering if these planets could live the same hell as the Earth? Human repeat the same mistakes over and over... Frigthening. Am i the only one seeing things as they truly are?

These are dangerous times...

No, you are just overreacting.

This is the way of science. Genetic experiments are conducted to try to replicate anomalies that occur naturally in the real world. On the way to these replicated anomalies, you encounter things such as a mouse that tweets. Once you finally get the anomaly you were looking for, you have already learned several things about genetics, and thus have a higher rate to cure diseases such as cancer, AIDS, mad cow disease, etc.

This wasn't for the fun of it, people were researching something and this just happened to be the outcome. I hardly consider this barbaric, especially since that mouse is getting news coverage and is most likely worth more than gold to the lab that engineered it.

People need to relax, the government isn't going to abduct your eggs and then implant them back into you only to have you shocked that you gave birth to puppies. They also could not change you into a chimera, because you are already a HUMAN. You are set in stone.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme
A new, highly evolved form of mouse?

Well highly evolved Mice want to take over the world...

Pinky and the Brain... The two mice in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and we all remember "The Best laid plans of mice and men..."

So still think it's okay?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I am looking forward to seeing the new type of mice, maybe they are more lovely than the original ones.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by noonebutme
A new, highly evolved form of mouse?

Well highly evolved Mice want to take over the world...

Pinky and the Brain... The two mice in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and we all remember "The Best laid plans of mice and men..."

So still think it's okay?

From what i recall about Pinky and the Brain, for all their scheming, they usually failed in a comedic way.

So if that's the result of this then I'm all for it.

edit on 27-12-2010 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Reminds me of the four-assed monkeys in south park.

www.southparkstudios.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Imagine a human with the strength of a chimp!

Why don't they make something useful like I dunno a goose that craps a golden egg?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join