It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This site has become the home to people who have no education

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Loner007? When was the last time you got out?

The world is a diverse place, diverse intelligences, religions, languages, political systems, foods, customs and ideologies. So why come here yourself...in a place where anyone can speak...and bring attention to something that needs no attention brought to the obvious: that most of us (yourself not included) understands the ups and downs of contributing to such a wide bearth of society, and even your thread shows that.

Are you perhaps angry at yourself and not the rest of us "morons?" For gosh sakes friend...go out and get an ice cream. Its a big, wide diverse world out there. And not all of it is smart, pretty, pleasant and intelligent...but at least its OURS.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by loner007

Although i can understand your frustration, i think your claim "The Site has become the home to people, who have no education", is a bit offending. I for myself have finished the basic education, and earned a Degree as a Mechanical Engineer. I am a Skeptical person, but i always want to learn more. I joined this site because i have found this site, as one of the best sites, that you might actually learn something, that you will not hear from the mainstream Science.

So my friend do not get frustrated, the motto of this site is "Deny Ignorance".

Here is a quote for you.
"When you are offended at any mans fault, turn to yourself and study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger."
Epictetus

Peace
edit on 26-12-2010 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
To Seed76: Dont explain or defend ourselves to him. We dont need to. He has a right... within his own limit of intellegence, education and understanding, to feel as he does.

What bothers me, is we tend to jump in to defend ourselves and our qualifications...when its not necessary. Consider the source and act accordingly.

Another point is Im curious to know how he determines what is moronic or not, and isnt that a matter of interpretation? And why should that matter? The truly understanding and those of average and above average...and even some below- average intelligence....does not let this bother them. We move on and post, create and reply. Not stop to criticize the traffic.

"Lights green!"

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
We live in a world of unfiltered intelligences, this leaves much room for great
error in judgments.
Though I often find myself with the same feelings as I sit behind this screen, I try to understand
and remember that not everyone gets to experience life in all aspects.
I used to get riled up when someone couldn't couldn't tell the difference between a Chinese lantern and a plane light.
Or when new comers think the end of the world is upon us when earthquakes are unusually active in a region.

But you see Loner, this is where those of us that do understand and can see things clearer should help
others to do the same. That is one of the great concepts this site brings to the net, a vast resource
and plenty of people from around the world that ARE very educated to help with the guidance.
I understand your frustrations, however take the higher road, It will prove more rewarding.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I did physics for A level, was intending on doing astrophysics in university but my teacher said I should do something else because I never did maths.

Back on track, we had 2 separate teachers that would teach us different parts of the course. In the first year both of the teachers were amazing. But one of them retired, to be replaced by a monotonous man who made watching paint dry seem exciting

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
I am beginning to lose my faith on this site. Its motto is to deny ignorance and I see more ignorance everyday not only by posters but by mods as well. I see threads that undermine basic scientific principles being promoted and despite all evidence to the contrary. I have had enough. Theres more intelligence on sesame street than i see from most people on this site. I dont see the point in participating on a site where you are overwhelmed by a majority of morons. nuff said

If you are so intelligent you would realize your post does nothing to contribute positively to this board, hence, you are part of the problem as opposted to being part of the solution.
Its obvious when you preach about how dumb people are, it will backfire on you.

If you dislike it here and think its stupid and you are so smart, then the logical smart move is to leave without crying about how crappy this place is. Otherwise your just lashing out irrationally.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Good riddance. You need to see if Nickelodeon has a forum you can go follow. Anyone who automatically places themselves beyond others because they believe they are more intelligence, in my opinion, shows just how ignorant they can be themselves.

Do you come on here as though your word is God and that everyone should stop and read every post you have and relish, along with you, on your supposed intelligence?

Many come here daily to find something that intrigues them and they can learn from or just fantasize about. Remember, not everyone thinks they are a rogue 007 agent.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I am beginning to lose my faith on this site. Its motto is to deny ignorance and I see more ignorance everyday not only by posters but by mods as well. I see threads that undermine basic scientific principles being promoted and despite all evidence to the contrary. I have had enough. Theres more intelligence on sesame street than i see from most people on this site. I dont see the point in participating on a site where you are overwhelmed by a majority of morons. nuff said

How can you lose faith on a or in a site, especially a conspiracy site, are you one of them religious persons, is ats or education your god? If your so bright and have so much education, well then you should be able to rational with these less smart people.

Plus there are some on this site that seem pretty educated to me, dudes like phage who I sometimes read on this site once in a while, and I'm like wow this dude probably read a educational book or 2....or3....or4...or maybe even 5, or possibly even 6 educational books. Plus the many other people who know stuff, and about stuff. As for me I haz no edumacation as you can define it, didn't even graduate from high schoolz, and low and behold I even misppeled misspelled, I is not to bright.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

then stop coming here......im not begging you to stay......its as simple as that

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Think of ATS as a party...a real galla event. Everyone is invited and a coat and tie is required.

Now some will show up in tuxes, some will show up in nice suits, some will show up in the one coat and tie they wear to marriages, funerals, and parties...this being one of the same.

Now you can see them, and greet them, and be respectful to them...but you have the right to pick and choose which ones you will converse with...and if they are not up..or down to your level, then you are free to move along to someone that suits your taste.

Same here at ATS.... no one makes you post a response or debate on a certain thread or subject... you control what you read and debate. If the party and partiers do not meet your standards...you are free to leave.

Have a good day.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

your name serves you well! good luck, there is an old italian saying...he who travels alone travels further...happy trails...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join