It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This site has become the home to people who have no education

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by loner007

So you just posted this thread to get reactions? Not only are you petty but you should be labeled as a troll and banned.

I find it funny someone with the name loner is posting on Christmas ranting about how dumb everyone else is. Irony does not even do this justice. With the last reply it actually is pathetic now. My anger has changed to sympathy for you.

Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
I wanted to see the reaction of people and my first instincts were correct this site is definitly going down the tubes judging by the majority of posts. Deny Ignorance? this site should rename it we welcome ignorance

So what type of reaction were you expecting from people after calling them a bunch of morons?
You should have known what type of reaction you'd get.
Come on, I think, that you think that you're smarter than that.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiffer Nippets
I have 2 engineering degrees and a MS in Physics.

...i tried physics... only lasted a couple weeks... prof said i was wasting my time - said my snoring was disruptive but i think it deeply offended him... he had a monotone voice that could lull a raging bull to sleep... i told him i thought i'd signed up for a class on psychics... he didnt think that was funny... o'well...

Originally posted by Whiffer Nippets
I'm currently watching a Christmas Special about Bozo's Circus - which might be the pinnacle of knowledge as we know it.

Hey, comedy is the highest and most complex art

...yep, life would be hellish without it... earlier i watched the christmas story... i LOVE that movie... seen it a thousand times, at least... its still a hoot and a half...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
im so sorry that im no rocket scientist :/

well honestly...Try another forum and you will be shocked about the intelligence on ATS...

its no scientist forum ..its a forum for people!
edit on 25-12-2010 by angrydog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Arrogance: an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions.

There are many different people here for a wide variety of topics, if you see a thread that is below your educational expectations don't read or reply to it, move on to another topic that you feel is up to your level.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
There was a time when I too had gotten frustrated with the site, when I had realized that newer members are more and more open to debate, and knowledge when approached in a civil manner. What may be old news to us is just a new topic for someone else.

Instead of it being seen as a form or frustration or the lack or intelligence, I began to see 2 different things. 1, newer members were excited to show what they saw for the first time, and 2, there is a system here that rewards posts, and threads, and some may be more inclined to try for that S&F.

So, for whatever reason you may have started this thread, I hope that this helps, even if just a little.

Happy Holiday,
NRE.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

You could always use google to find another forum there OP. I still enjoy this one, regardless of the pointless bickering of most threads.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Heh. Yep.........although I might not be the brightest bulb in the package, sometimes threads just amaze me that they are still being started. Like, wow!! What's the bright light in the sky? Is it Nibiru? Huh? It's Jupiter? Huh, who'd a thunk it?

I agree, there seems to be some sort of dumbing down on ATS. I would be wrong to specify members, but gee.......when I joined ATS a few years ago. some members actually seemed to be rather intelligent, unbiased, and willing to learn something. I've been very disappointed lately by some responses from folks I used to respect, although hardly ever agreed with.

I might upset some folks, but I don't really care, because, recently it's become more like walking through a trailer park or a Jerry Springer audience here, than perusing an intelligent discussion forum. Just saying........and do I really need to provide links?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

OMG!....I fed the troll! I am so ashamed! I should know better, I'm sorry everyone!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I wanted to see the reaction of people and my first instincts were correct this site is definitly going down the tubes judging by the majority of posts. Deny Ignorance? this site should rename it we welcome ignorance

A thread with a cheap shot and an ulterior Agenda! Oh man you will have to do better than that!

edit on 25-12-2010 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I got frustrated with it a couple of months ago, similar to your post. However, every so often there is some cutting edge information. That's what I hang around for. Of course, there are other sites that are fun and similar.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
You could easily say that about any website that is open to the general public. Or anywhere really.

Also, shouldn't the title of the thread be punctuated correctly? A period mark perhaps?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Wow someone is on a high horse..

Seriously how can you talk the way you do about people just because they aren't as "educated" as you are. Not everyone who comes on here knows all these topics in and out. Heck I don't know half this stuff but I am learning BY reading the site and doing my own research and forming my own opinions.

I know this is your rant but if you don't like something why not offer to inform those who are misinformed instead of bash them because they aren't up to your level.

Oh and education, higher education imo doesn't mean crap other than you paid too much money for a piece of paper and will be in debt til you die!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
This thread was probably made a guy who was angry that he wasn't getting enough attention so he make a generalizing thread that he knew most, if not all, people would come to comment on it thus giving him what he wanted. You, sir, are truly low.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Seasonal affective disorder - Google it then act...

An old proverb says that when you point one finger, that leaves four more fingers pointing back at you. There is a Biblical parable about the mote in your own eye. There is a saying about glass houses...

The ATS version of this is "Be the change you want to see."

Anyone with any longevity on this site will recognize this thread for what it probably is... a rant by a person who lost a thread debate or who was post dinged by a mod and is frustrated or bitter. Often these kinds of posts come from people who really don't have an issue with ATS at all, but who have personal lives that implode and ATS is an easy place to vent their rage. Either way, these "I'm angry - goodbye" threads are a waste of bandwidth.

For a person who says that they hate stupidity, you've done a Hell of a job of adding to it. Just saying.

If ATS is not to your liking then you are blessed... Participation here is not compulsory. You have the choice of not coming here at all. You have total control over your experiences here. So, suck it up and take a little personal responsibility instead of throwing an adolescent tantrum about how stupid people are. It is unbecoming.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

An old proverb says that when you point one finger, that leaves four more fingers pointing back at you.

Well technically it's pretty hard to make your thumb point back towards yourself
It's this kind of lack of thumb based knowledge that the OP was talking about, did you learn nothing from pointing school

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ddaf4b81ddad.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 26-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

now that is not nice-i may sound a little numb but i have a bachleors and a graduate degree form a major university in the northeast and i owned a school (started1985) its still rocking and rolling here into 2011. i also wrote a program for a post second adult education/career school back in 1999-still going and growing...now please, not to sound snippet, but still water runs deep and i am always second guessing...does that take me to the lack?? maybe in that i do not have enough time to read up and research...i pretty much can pick out an intelligent person/reporting when i hear/see one...and i hear/see alot of super smart people and documentation on this site. compared to what?? a matter of opinion...i think ATS is just fine and the members i find to be diverse and thought provoking to say the least...way beats out MSM...HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MEMBERS!!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Good morning, and part of what you say is correct. Some here goes against scientific principles. Part of this is due to religious leanings and I like you find little to support these leanings and misinformation.

I fought for years as an educator to keep the above our of our schools and will continue to do so even though I retired. Now saying that, I find other things that go against science that are mind opening, and that is when you get outside of the mainstream thinking and we find new studies that are turning old paradigms on it's head. I personally am witnessing changes that cannot be explained by what I was taught and used in the classroom and so must open the mind to other possible ways of thinking. Doors have opened that put many things in question.

I have experienced telekinesis, manifestations of beings with a family member, obe's and showings as well as voice that has saved my life this last year etc. This is not in any of the texts, yet I cannot deny what is. Synchronicity is running rampant along with this as well. Don't consign all to the the waste basket, there are jewels here and there worth looking at. Cheers.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

yea cool story bro, and yes i can understand to a certain degree what u are saying, however we all come from many different backgrounds and upbringings, some of us are fortunate enough to have excellent schooling but unfortunetly not everyone has that privelage.

to point out that this site is now s**t because certain people bring down the level of intellegence that u claim u are used to, true as it may be, isnt really something that you as a person should take upon yourself to point out is it?

what makes you better than anyone else on this site? isnt EVERYONE regardless of education entiteled to come and enjoy ats? or is it only for the elite such as yourself?

what you are claiming you hate about this site, is actually one of the things i like...i like the diversity, i am interested in everyones point of view or take on matters/subjects. i dont vet them first, make sure they have an education before listening on partaking in a discussion with people.

personally i think your attitude towards people less fortunate stinks...and its people like you that think they are above everyone else, is whats wrong with our countrys today.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join