It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Interview: Julian Assange describes the REAL definition of terrorism and the war on freedom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This is actually a pretty cool interview, and I am surprised that a mainstream corpomedia outlet actually gave Assange the podium like this, uninterrupted, to adress some very pertinent issues facing not only himself and freedom of the press, but much of the populace at large.

He points out (very eloquently, I might add) how this has turned into a war upon the 1st amendment, by members of the gov, and how this has potential broad-reaching implications that everyone should be concerned of.

When asked about various governmental figureheads labeling him as a "terrorist", Assange poses the following address, which everyone should think carefully about, in my opinion:

"Well, let's look at the definition of terrorism...Terrorism is a group who uses violence, or the the THREAT of violence, for political ends."

Think about that statement very closely people....Sound like anybody we know? LOL

Love or hate this guy, agree or disagree with what he is doing, he is definitely causing people to THINK and QUESTION things, and to sit up and pay attention to things that many heretofore had all but ignored.

This interview is definitely worth a listen imho...He brings up some pretty powerful points to consider.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The pro wiki side already know how Assange feels and the anti-wiki side will not even watch the video..
Their minds are set and nothing Assanges says or does will change that..
To them it will be all part of his cover...

Me? I'll wait for the cables and take it from there..

Good vid, s&f

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Well, it's kind of trippy, because I myself am kind of open to either side being within the realm of possibility, and at first I was actually HIGHLY suspicious of him and the whole WL movement. I still am holding back into buying it 100% of what it appears to be on the surface.

That being said though, I have seen things come out of this that, as I mentioned above, have seemed to awaken many folks into at least beginning to QUESTION things and become skeptical of TPTB that previously sort of just marched in file, with their heads in the sand. So in that regard, even IF this is some sort of psy-ops agenda, I'm not so sure that those who may have been behind it would want so many becoming awakened and suspicious, because then they may start to see through the outer facade, and deeper into who the REAL string-pullers are.

And I think we are beginning, albeit ever so slowly, to see the beginning of this awareness, on a much larger scale than prior to this release of information. So in the end, no matter WHAT the purpose or agenda behind these 'leaks' was, if it makes the populace begin to see through the manipulations and grow weary of it, then it may have assisted in the global awakening, intended or not.
edit on 25-12-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

He is certainly well spoken and his words, carefully chosen, flow easily. He has grace, poise and diplomacy. He is very calm and logical. Whatever the "agenda" it seems his heart is in it and that truth means a great deal to him. With that in mind, could the "agenda" be very far from these same ideals? Would someone expose lies and evil doing with risk to their own lives in order to achieve a dark motive? Does that really fit?

One thing for sure is that this is like a trumpet blast and it does seem to have caused an earthquake among TPTB.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I agree. He isn't working for some underhanded power. His agenda is pretty clear. I like the way he uses logic. He's playing a very dangerous game. I don't think he's doing a lot, but he's certainly maintaining poise while being the poster boy of free speech.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Not certain where you're going with it, but I have a pretty good sense of it.

I am not surprised the msm gave him plugs. I was waiting for this.

He is sitting on a goldmine of power at the moment. He can silently make thousands of his rich friends richer with that info, and he is undoubtedly doing this. Just. like. a politician does with insider trade info about shapes of things to come, which they are voting for, paid to vote for, and busy the rest of the time sniffing about the halls of congress trying to lay odds on his bets. He won't 'see' any leaked cables that unprove the OS, because he IS the OS, incarnate. To me he is the devil in sheep's clothing.

Enjoy the stars and flags. I think you pulled a fast one, sound like anyone we know?

To clarify for assange fans: just because he speaks as such, does not mean he adheres to this message. I say the ends are aimed at being the EXACT OPPOSITE. But it is his right to lie about his intentions, by professing his love of liberty etc...just as the media, and just as pols do. You have no idea how deception works.

edit on 26-12-2010 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black

Not certain where you're going with it, but I have a pretty good sense of it.

I am not surprised the msm gave him plugs. I was waiting for this.

He is sitting on a goldmine of power at the moment. He can silently make thousands of his rich friends richer with that info, and he is undoubtedly doing this. He won't 'see' any leaked cables that unprove the OS, because he IS the OS incarnate. To me he is the devil in sheep's clothing.

I suppose asking for proof of that is a bit much.?
Big call with nothing...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

At first, I thought julian was crouching under bridges, trying to keep his cigarettes dry, unable to grab a coffee for fear of execution. In short, I was fooled by the early msm streams. I bought it all, even the rape stories, as a frame up, which I now see as an utter fabrication.

I use instinct, and I am not open to wavering on this. Even were wikileaks a noble organization at it's birth, so was the tea party, which was infected by soro's pet zionist, flashing T & A and stupidity, sara palin. That sara is now a household word is proof. Sound like anyone we know?

In conception, wikileaks is unsustainable as an honorable and good intentioned system because, naturally, now having a monopoly on 'leaks', it draws notice. If some child billionaire can simply legally own the word 'face' because he properly gaged the vapid expanse of an empty souled mankind, and launched facebook, it's because he took his cue from television. The 'history' channel, where we lie about history. 'Music' television, where only those who march to our beat are played. The 'weather' channel, where they disseminate lies about the climate. I'll never forget the squeak in poor heidi cullen's voice as she spoke 'it's real...it's real...global warming is real', as temperatures plunged for yet another record winter. It was like she had a gun to her soul, knew the truth, and was choking on her pleghm as she earned her paycheck by being the deceiver du jour.

So, Angus, and OP, if I'm wrong about you, where ya gonna go for your leaked material tomorrow? I'll bet it's .... wikileaks? Am I right?

Since you don't matter, backinblack, I won't apologize for my potentially wrong guess. I didn't realize I was replying to the child who wants a hero, or else it's 'a shame'.

assange DOES matter, and I am right about him. If I am wrong, it's worth the risk. Because I was waiting for the msm to put forth such a portrayal, as of yesterday or so, I will not even suffer myself to hear the words. I know my enemies so well that I could write their speeches.

He is the opposite of what he seems. I can smell totalitarianism a mile away, as though it's in my genes to be able to discern this. Be sure to tune in to wikileaks tomorrow. Maybe the site will be up, meaning they got away from the evil regime they are pretending to over turn for a few minutes, got the servers to spit out another fix for you. Where else you gonna go???? For 'leaks', it's WIKILEAKS, of course!!!

Your new household name.

Don't you see it? This group now has a monopoly on government resistance. If it wasn't a creation of tptb, then it ought to have been. Everyone's looking to wikileaks, waiting at their feet to collect any scrap they toss off. Oh boy, what's coming next?

Boondock's Dad said it well: "If it's too good to be true..."

It is. Too good to be true.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
lets be realistic here .. manning probably isnt the guy who leaked, he is probably not even arrested, its probably just a make up history for the american public

really, if we stop to think, its just IMPOSSIBLE to imagine that the US of A is doing something against the law like that to a person

this board just amazes me with so much bad information against freedom of speech coming out of the US

lets hope there's some people out there trying to fix everything, because it doesnt seem to be fixable

long live the king

new topics

top topics

join