It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

facts about Iraq ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
1. Saddam lost the Gulf War. To stop the war, and stay in power, he made certain agreements. In 12 years, he has failed to honor those agreements, and thus, has forfeit his right to stay in power.

2. He is a known sponsor of terrorism. He funds terrorists, has some nuclear capability, he allows terrorist camps within his borders.

3. He has attacked his own citizens with the very WOMD he continues to hide.

That's why this war has meaning.....

1. correct thats why we're dealing with him since November. But need i remind you that the US-led Embargo on Iraq claimed 500 000 victims ? And need i remind you that the US and UK also didnt hold their part of the agreement by bombing Iraq regularly during the past 10 years ?

2. There is no evidence for your claims. It's all speculation and forgery. (perhaps this will change in the next days)

3. again, we dont have evidence on that, just faint speculative evidence. The gassings happened through the Iran/Iraq war and it is also possible the iranians did it... Moreover the US has its fingers in these gassings.

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a US embargo? Don't mean to say: UN sanctions?

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
a US embargo? Don't mean to say: UN sanctions?

The US refused (menaced to veto) initiatives from european countries lightening these sanctions when the first news about starvation came in. Again, it was the US against the rest of the world.

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karl Molarius

Originally posted by Gazrok
1. Saddam lost the Gulf War. To stop the war, and stay in power, he made certain agreements. In 12 years, he has failed to honor those agreements, and thus, has forfeit his right to stay in power.

2. He is a known sponsor of terrorism. He funds terrorists, has some nuclear capability, he allows terrorist camps within his borders.

3. He has attacked his own citizens with the very WOMD he continues to hide.

That's why this war has meaning.....

1. correct thats why we're dealing with him since November. But need i remind you that the US-led Embargo on Iraq claimed 500 000 victims ? And need i remind you that the US and UK also didnt hold their part of the agreement by bombing Iraq regularly during the past 10 years ?

2. There is no evidence for your claims. It's all speculation and forgery. (perhaps this will change in the next days)

3. again, we dont have evidence on that, just faint speculative evidence. The gassings happened through the Iran/Iraq war and it is also possible the iranians did it... Moreover the US has its fingers in these gassings.

1. I thought these were U.N. sanctions. At any rate didn't Saddam build wonderfully elegant palaces with the Oil for Food money while his people were starving? That was always what I read and heard (these were Western media outlets though so you never know).

2. I agree, this arguement, while it makes sense and will probably prove to be true, is very weeak right now.

3. I bet both sides (Iran and Iraq) were guilty. I also realize that the U.S. and the Soviets were instrumental in the development of Iraq's chem/bio weapons.

Oh well, it is a fait accompli at this point.
(this sad face is not for the war but for the civilians in Iraq, Europe and America I see dying due to this conflict)

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   
but why loosen the sanctions? So, Saddam could build more palaces and accumulate more wealth?

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
but why loosen the sanctions? So, Saddam could build more palaces and accumulate more wealth?

again, a speculation ...

the children died while you speculated

top topics

join