It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colder or hotter? Both ! me thinkst.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'm experiencing both. The summers seem to be getting hotter and the winters are definetly getting colder.
I suppose this could be called the Gore effect I've read about. Cold weather seemingly following Al Gore around.
As he's leading his side of the anthropromorphic global warming cause.

Is an Ice Age coming?
Many of us climate skeptics believe that the sun controls our weather and Piers Corbyn believes that the last three winters could be the harbinger of a mini ice age that could be upon us by 2035, and that it could start to be colder than at any time in the last 200 years. He goes on to speculate that a genuine ice age might then settle in, since an ice age is now cyclically overdue.”

Cyclically overdue?
That does seem to be the case.
Then again I'm not even going to bother with any evidence to Gores credit as most people are experiencing hotter summers without a doubt. I know I am. Apple Valley Ca. So while most are saying," hotter". Alot are saying," colder". I'm saying both as an even greater phenomena. With alot of, "I don't knows" to go around as well. Almost forgot Leon is getting larrrrger!

What say ye?
edit on 25-12-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What say ye?

You are correct. I think we will see both because there has been a cyclical shift in the weather patterns. Look at the 1930's

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This last summer it was hotter. Most of our summers have been cooler. Winter seems normal, there's maybe about 4 inches of snow on the ground, the temp is 18 F. That's fairly normal for this time of the year. It was cold this morning, around 3 F. I think what ever is happening, colder or hotter, is probably just part of a cycle that our planet goes through from time to time.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It goes like this:

Global warming-----> Melt the icecaps------->Melted icecaps cool the ocean streams------->Colder Weather.

The reason for global warming on the other hand is open for discussion.

Happy Hollidays

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen
It goes like this:

Global warming-----> Melt the icecaps------->Melted icecaps cool the ocean streams------->Colder Weather.

Happy Hollidays
I completely agree with this simple explanation.
too bad many will STILL argue the why and be unable to move on from there..
edit on 25-12-2010 by Lil Drummerboy because: too much holiday cheer

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Yupp, the bickering over if this is created or just a natural warming is not really an issue imo, if it's man-made it's already too late and if it's natural there's nothing we can do about it either.

What we need to do is prepare for the inevitable.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

That is as simple as it gets isn't it? We can know about the cylical, prepare and hope. Good post

Lil drummer
As well

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by alonzo730
This last summer it was hotter. Most of our summers have been cooler. Winter seems normal, there's maybe about 4 inches of snow on the ground, the temp is 18 F. That's fairly normal for this time of the year. It was cold this morning, around 3 F. I think what ever is happening, colder or hotter, is probably just part of a cycle that our planet goes through from time to time.

Look up the difference between weather and climate. Everything in your post relates to weather

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

How much water exactly would get displaced? I wonder if it would be possible to save ourselves by pumping water into the Sahara, or deserts all over the world, hey we could kill two birds with one stone, save the planet and restore the deserts to useful land.
Don't tell me we don't have technology to pump water if we really wanted to. We can survive a little cold weather.

edit on 25-12-2010 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

Eh... Have you seen an ocean? That is the amount we're talking here...

And the Sahara... You know why it's a desert right, I won't hold water, cause there are no vegetation.

What is wrong with the education system I ask.....?

And cold weather?!? Try an ice age, if you call that a little cold weather, then yeah, no worries....
Or in case of the gulf stream being diverted, Europe looking like Greenland.
edit on 25-12-2010 by SkurkNilsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I'm not going to say anything against our well known water pumping and irragating capabilities. But is this going to happen? We need to look at the record, of what the powers that be have done in the past, or allowed, when asking this question. I agree we can survive the cold. The heat may do us asunder.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

Let's just not do anything and die, that sounds fun. And we can survive an ice age. Also you exaggerate the amount of water displacement, by like an entire ocean.

4.bp.blogspot.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
edit on 25-12-2010 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Let's just not do anything and die...and we can survive an ice age.

I always welcome new ideas to be sure.
That was good.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen
It goes like this:

Happy Hollidays

I don't know how many time I have explained this in perfect detail on ATS... and still... it is ignored, passed over, looked over... and people continue to deny, ignore, and neglect...

Thanks for posting that... saved me the trouble (AGAIN!)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

Sorry to irratate you Mav if indeed I did. I've never come across that though partner. Just wondering if others were
seeing the same thing I'm seeing that's all.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Not at all friend; for I was not irritated with you or anyone in particular.

I was/am upset with the fact that I have been shouting this from rooftops for the last 2-3 years and nobody listens... europe is about to be and icicle and still, nobody listens.

It's going to get extremely hot, and extremely cold...

Those of you who cannot comprehend that notion, type my name in the search bar... i've gone on about it a few times.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

Ok Mav I for one will check that out in search. I guess it's safe to say you agree with my hypothesis of our current climate conditions then? We seem to be pushing the envelope in both directions.
Check that I agree with your hypothesis

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I think this is hilarious! I've been a skeptic since Al Gore filled his pockets from 'An Inconvenient Truth' (A.K.A a very convenient lie) and since then I have been mocked by my friends because of my skepticism...And as I'm sitting at my computer desk here in Atlanta Ga, snow is piling up for the 7 straight hour. Now there's almost 3 inches. And they're saying it might continue snowing through tomorrow. Take in consideration that it's already snowed 2 times before this and that winter has just started and all I can think of is what a joke global warming is...

edit on 25-12-2010 by freedish because: Jesus Loves Me Yes I Know, For The Bible Tells Me So.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
I think this is hilarious! I've been a skeptic since Al Gore filled his pockets from 'An Inconvenient Truth' (A.K.A a very convenient lie) and since then I have been mocked by my friends because of my skepticism...And as I'm sitting at my computer desk here in Atlanta Ga, snow is piling up for the 7 straight hour. Now there's almost 3 inches. And they're saying it might continue snowing through tomorrow. Take in consideration that it's already snowed 2 times before this and that winter has just started and all I can think of is what a joke global warming is...

edit on 25-12-2010 by freedish because: Jesus Loves Me Yes I Know, For The Bible Tells Me So.

See that's the gist of what I'm trying to say my man. How can it just one or the other when I'm experiencing both?
Actually. I definetly don't buy into global warming either. Even though I said the summers seem to be getting hotterer. er.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hey man my opinion is that were getting closer to the end times. Jesus said that the end will be like birth pangs getting closer and closer and stronger and stronger. I think the seasonal extremes have more to do with this than anything else.
edit on 25-12-2010 by freedish because: JESUS LOVES YOU!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join