It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian Rocket Explodes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm kind of surprised at the flipant comments on here. It's a negative, no matter how you look at it.

As to the starving people...how about the US or Russia? Do we not have starving/homeless/sick and poor people? Yet we spend billions and billions on space research (among much others)

Everyone's priorities are messed up, but that doesn't mean we should act like they deserved it. As far as I see it, whenever there is a scientific set-back for one country, it is a set-back for us all.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Yeah, you're right. Thanks. I guess this one will be closed soon by mods.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
A Terrible Loss

Of course on ATS we'll have all sorts of theories about what went wrong, but the failure of the rocket, the loss of the satellite and the inevitable setback for the program are horrible to contemplate.

For whatever it may be worth, my heartfelt condolences go out to the ISRO team (who must be devastated by this) and the good people of India.

That said, my advice is: don't give up.

Never give up.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Can't find it, maybe it was closed?

It's my thread and it wasn't closed. If you used the search or checked the firehouse or Space Exploration then you would have seen it.

I posted it right after it happened. I have a friend who informed me of it right after it happened..It's good to know people

Original thread

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Well, also consider these are the same guys spent lots of money shooting probes to the moon.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Yeah, we found out now brother. Sorry, never meant to steal your mojo. Just let mods do their job I guess.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I personally think this thread is better..

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
I personally think this thread is better..

Wow, thanks. Honestly didn't know there was another, and you know sometimes it's all about the title we put on.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Whatever happened it was a major fail. There was a lot of fuel dumped very quickly, definitely didn't look like a slow leak failure.

Originally posted by Vandalour
Beutiful...

Vandalour,
I'm thinking that India didn't have the same perception of the fail as you do...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I have it on good authority that this was intended to happen by the Indian authorities and has been planned for some time. There are partisan elements within Indian politics that are disturbed by the influence that certain other nations goverments are able to exert as a result of a trade off in space technology for other economic agreements.
Over the next few months there will be a gradual reduction in funding and eventual closure of the whole program.
You saw it here first.
edit on 25-12-2010 by Moonbeast1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonbeast1111

A country that has 3 rocket launch failures in a year shoudn't be allowed to have an space program, but they became questionable in more than one aspect. For example, seems they doesn't put first in the list of priorities investing money in their hungry and homless people, and they have a lot of them.

I respect their ways, but don't like it.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeon9010
reply to post by Trueman

my thoughts are that it was shot down or sabatouged (sp.) by a bigger or competing country in order to keep india from from advancing.

Yeah, nothing spells international insomnia like the Indian Space Program.

second line

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
A Terrible Loss

Of course on ATS we'll have all sorts of theories about what went wrong, but the failure of the rocket, the loss of the satellite and the inevitable setback for the program are horrible to contemplate.

For whatever it may be worth, my heartfelt condolences go out to the ISRO team (who must be devastated by this) and the good people of India.

That said, my advice is: don't give up.

Never give up.

I have to agree, Majic, it is indeed a terrible loss; but moving forward and trying again is how advancements are made and progress continues.

Too many here are quick to be flippannt and derogatory instead of studying the whole scenario and consequenses for ISRO and the country as a whole.

seeker

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by forklift

That's what happens when you ignore a billion starving stomachs.

Not to mention entire castes that have never seen polio immunization. How can you expect to become an "emerging power" when your populace still suffers from disfigurement from polio? It isn't like there isn't a simple, safe, and effective (well, somewhat safe, anyway) vaccine.

I love India. I know many, many, many Indian folks (i run a hotel). Good, decent people. Great food. Not so pretty ladies. But I like the Indian people. There is a reason they come to the US to live when they have the ability.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Its becoming obvious from reading the posts in this thread that not everybody had a ticket for the GSAT-5P bus.
There were some extended frequency transponders aboard that might have been used only by the military?
Could there be a conspiracy angle here?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by forklift

The GSAT-5P satellite was supposed to have a life span of over 13 years.

But it only lasted 2 seconds.

As Nelson Muntz would say: HAA HAA!

EPIC man, I love nelson muntz's HAHA!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zeon9010

Plenty of Soviet and American rockets exploded in the early stages of the American and Soviet space programs.
So I don't think this is a case of sabotage to prevent India from advancing.
On the contrary, it's in the interests of America and Russia to have a strong India as an ally.
China on the other hand. But I doubt it was sabotage, simply because security around this project would be tight, and India has a long list of military technology failures from tanks to jets. It's all part of the steps that need to be taken so they can learn from the mistakes made.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
I'm kind of surprised at the flipant comments on here. It's a negative, no matter how you look at it.

Exactly.

Space flight or any launches are a roll of the dice each and every time. Knowing that I'd still sign up tomorrow to fly in space even knowing the risks

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
As they say, this IS rocket science.

There are thousands of ways it can fail and fewer ways it can succeed, if the thousands of parts work perfectly. Actually the space shuttle has millions of parts.

If this is their third failure in a year they need to take a close look at what they could be doing better. Some failures are to be expected but 3 in one year seems a bit much.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Watch between 24 and 28 seconds.
That's a nuclear blast you're seeing.
Somehow the explosion has forced the plutonium to explode.

The satellite most likely had a Radioisotope thermoelectric generator powered by about 4 pounds of plutonium.

That's not just a fail, it's a lot of dead Indians from fallout.
It will cause cancer, and the deaths will be slow, so no-one will notice unless good statistics are kept.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join