It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicken Breasts stuffed with peppers and Feta Cheese

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I did this for a quick christmas eve dinner with the parent this year.

6 Medium Chicken Breasts
3 Medium Bell Peppers
6 oz Feta Cheese (herb seasoned variety preferred)
Seasoned Bread Crumbs
Olive Oil

Dice the bell peppers into 1/2 inch cubes. Saute in hot pan with olive oil until soft. Set aside to cool.

Rinse the chicken breasts thoroughly and trim off any extra fat. Slice a pocket into each breast large enough to hold about 1/4 cup of stuffing.

Mix the cooled bell peppers with the Feta cheese. Dice together if the feta cheese is large chunks. You want a uniform size for the stuffing.

Split the cheese and pepper mixture into six equal parts and stuff the chicken breasts. The pocket should close around the stuffing. If it does not, make the pocket a bit larger and try again.

Pour the bread crumbs into a bowl and place the chicken breasts one at a time in the bowl pressing them lightly into the bream crumbs to get an even and thin coating on all sides. Be careful to keep the stuffing from spilling into the bread crumbs. Set the chicken breasts aside on a plate.

Heat up a skillet with 2 tbs of olive oil. When the olive oil is hot (moves freely around the skillet), place the chicken breasts in the skillet to fry. Allow to fry on each side for approximately 4 minutes (adjust the heat to prevent burning).

Be sure to check each breast carefully to ensure you have cooked them completely.

I have served this over whole wheat fettucini with a pesto sauce. Also consider adding diced sundried tomatoes or garlic into the stuffing.

Enjoy!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

That sounds great! S&F.

I get a roaster chicken and marinate it in white rhine wine with two packets of hidden valley ranch ranch dressing, then right before I stick it in the oven I sprinkle another packet or two all over it and add more wine. Cheap and easy too : )

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Great work will try this for sure!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Mmmmm ok I am making this sometime this week for dinner.
I have everything already

Yummy. I will add pics too....well that is if it doesn't take me days like the Pompeii ones lol

new topics

top topics

join