It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please be prepared, Chinese Lantern season....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
hello all - I wanted to start this thread in hopes of preventing some misidentification of Chinese Lanterns. As we all know, the new year is coming up and all over the world there will be celebrations with these floating candles from the 1st of January to mid-January. Please use discretion when seeing any videos of orange, floating, flickering objects in the next few weeks and lets not run to the 'UFO fleet' before being a bit skeptical! Here are a few examples of Chinese lanterns..

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
lol i can see 2 chinese lanterns right now floating by from my kitchen window. or maybe theyre alien spaceships?no "incredible manouvers" though.

trivia: over 200,000 chinese lanterns are sold in the UK every year. Thats alot of alien spaceships for the believers
edit on 25-12-2010 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Oh you just know it won't matter

People will be filming and ranting..

What a better time for the aliens to do their biz than when us humans make it look easy - they'll say.

No different to the "Why wouldn't ufo's use landing lights to emulate us then?" argument I heard recently.

Personally, I say bring it on. The more the merrier - because it will take a truly OUTSTANDING lantern to get my attention, and those who fall for less, will have learnt a lesson.

It will in fact provide MORE evidence why c.lanterns are nothing more than..... chinese lanterns.

Provide enough evidence for Faked/Misunderstood videos, you gain the leeway to entertain the masses for the better.

edit on 25/12/2010 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
A chinese lantern is a chinese lantern. A ufo orb is a ufo orb. There should be no confusion

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Haha!

A pack of six chinese lanterns from my local petrol station currently retails at £4.99.

I'm starting to wonder if the government is subsidising the cost because they're a splendid fall-back excuse for many a sighting!

I'm anticipating that the price of LED illuminated remote control planes will come down soon.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
A chinese lantern is a chinese lantern. A ufo orb is a ufo orb. There should be no confusion

If it was only so simple...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

You would think so, but there often is confusion. Viewed from a distance, the Chinese lanterns can resemble orbs.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Am prepared.. Been making lanterns the past couple weeks.. Looking forward to launching them.. And early happy year of the rabbit to all

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Looks like we have our first case of this happening...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

You would think so, but there often is confusion. Viewed from a distance, the Chinese lanterns can resemble orbs.

Yes I know where you're coming from. I did get to experience some lanterns this summer and they are a bit like ufo orbs, maybe they were even created to resemble them. Saying that they follow a certain pattern, nearly always amber/orange, can't really sit in one location for any length of time, these things give the lanterns away as what they are.

You know I've not been out on a recce for ages now. This thread is very inspirational, maybe it's time to get out there in the field again. It's -10 every night in the Derbyshire Peak District, ooooooooooooooooo that's so cold!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I hope Chinese people like their lantern season.

When they have forced their citizens to have only 2 children.

I hope they enjoy their abortion season. And if there are ghosts, they will be the aborted children.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up OP, sadly we will now have a million and one massively over the top named video's from Youtube.

As much as I believe I have no idea why things as obvious as lanterns are given any time on here, I'm sorry, if it's typical lantern size, orange, glows, looks like its on fire inside and suddenly goes out while drifting quite slowly (wind allowing) in non organised paths THEN its a bloody lantern!!

Deep breath, the number of ufo 'orb' video's I've seen that I just turn away from and wonder at the level of thought put into it as a watcher / poster astounds me. As I've just said in another thread that I hate the term 'critical thinker' I do wonder if some people possess common sense...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Oh dear OP, let's not rain on the party before it has even begun!
Myself I am gratified that ET comes to celebrate our New Year, every year - plus birthdays and other special events.
Being a psychic from the planet Zog (and a bit of an 'indigo granny'
) I am confidently predicting they will be here once more in a few days time. Cameras at the ready folks?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

As much as I believe I have no idea why things as obvious as lanterns are given any time on here, I'm sorry, if it's typical lantern size, orange, glows, looks like its on fire inside and suddenly goes out while drifting quite slowly (wind allowing) in non organised paths THEN its a bloody lantern!!

Ahh.... But if it doesn't go out then what?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I think it may be a good time to give this a bump as no doubt an invasion of orange orbs is on its way

Happy new year all

new topics

top topics

join