It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 year old boy saves kitten's life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Just a common everyday story I thought I would share.

Eleven-year-old Logan Gleeson accepted the award after saving a five-week-old kitten when it got stuck in a vehicle's engine. Animal Services Officers Susan Kachik and Nicole Heflin presented him with the award as his family cheered him on. The kitten, who Gleeson named "Snake Eyes," is in foster care with Officer Kachik until he is old enough to be adopted.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Seventytwo

Well Done!

It does make me happier about this miserable world we live in when I hear things like this.

I'm too used to knowing cretins who'd run a cat over and laugh, or throw one out of a window and laugh, or put one in the freezer and laugh... mindless morons who deserve not to breathe good peoples oxygen.

A cat is a special animal. Uncanny in it's understanding of humans, yet unstoppable in it's efforts to tame us.Stubborn, yet polite. Arrogant yet forgiving.

Most people who have never owned one, or shared life with one, will never understand that, and see nothing more than a narky pet wot they dun like coz it's annoying, orrite...

*Cue the animal haters now, go on, ramble on about it's just an dumb animal, and you really like your steaks, Hmmmm Hamburgers and how I'm a hypocrite.... oh and say humans are not animals too.. go at it.*

Back on track..

I miss my little ones.

This kid deserves a medal. He could have been one of a million crapbags out there who'd have thought it funny to do otherwise, but instead he saved the cat. A good MAN in the makings.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Awww...cute.

That kitten is more like 2 months old- not that it matters either way...just sayin ^^

Happy xmas.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Like the boy say .. if you see an animal in distress .. WHY WOULDNT YOU

Planet earth need more kids like him
S&F

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
His parents should be proud

Merry Xmas all

edit on 023131p://f26Saturday by Seventytwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Bless his heart! It is so good to hear stories like this after the horrible stories of what is done to harm animals!
Iactually had this happen to me once. I was on the way to the store and pulling into the parking lot, I heard a feeble meow......I looked uder the car, and there was a little kitten who looked to be barely a month old in the wheel well.....with his tongue hanging out like he couldn't breathe. It was 101 degrees that day, and that little baby rode the whole 6 mile trip under that hot car and asphalt, hanging on for his life! How that tiny thing held on for 6 miles going 65 mph amazes me still! I got down on my stomach and got under the car, but he was in shock and terrified and wouldn't let me get him. It took me over 30 minutes to catch him. He was so traumatized it broke my heart. I got my son to get a bottle of water to cool him down, and brought him home.....and he has been the most pampered cat on the plane ever since (he even has his own miniature brass bed with a leopard print bedspread lol!) His name is Mr. Smoochy and I love him so much. I love happy endings!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Bless his heart! It is so good to hear stories like this after the horrible stories of what is done to harm animals!
Iactually had this happen to me once. I was on the way to the store and pulling into the parking lot, I heard a feeble meow......I looked uder the car, and there was a little kitten who looked to be barely a month old in the wheel well.....with his tongue hanging out like he couldn't breathe. It was 101 degrees that day, and that little baby rode the whole 6 mile trip under that hot car and asphalt, hanging on for his life! How that tiny thing held on for 6 miles going 65 mph amazes me still! I got down on my stomach and got under the car, but he was in shock and terrified and wouldn't let me get him. It took me over 30 minutes to catch him. He was so traumatized it broke my heart. I got my son to get a bottle of water to cool him down, and brought him home.....and he has been the most pampered cat on the plane ever since (he even has his own miniature brass bed with a leopard print bedspread lol!) His name is Mr. Smoochy and I love him so much. I love happy endings!

That's a very heart warming story StealthyKat

That little kitty is a real survivor.

Mr. Smoochy certainly deserves his brass bed and leopard bedspread

and so do you

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I really needed to read a story like this one.
I had watched that video where a kid killed
two kittens with a vacuum cleaner.
Life is so precious and so many people
waste life.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

I really needed to read a story like this one.
I had watched that video where a kid killed
two kittens with a vacuum cleaner.
Life is so precious and so many people
waste life.

You don't need to see things like that, mamabeth.

Not good for the soul

all the best

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I know,I had to go upstairs and pet one of
my cats after watching that.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Please spay and neuter your cats!

And keep them indoors!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Here are a couple of pics of him now....and thank you!
Mr. Smoochy

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aeeaddd6fdd7.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/efef8ba985c7.jpg[/atsimg]

And his side kick Teddy, who I found in a parking lot with every bone in his body showing from starvation....he is FAT now though LOL!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68e78e0e217a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0acf5f855a36.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This stuff warms my heart :3

Well done, son!

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I came in here expecting to read that the kid was arrested for trespassing or some sort of obscure vandalism or something of the sort.

Thanks for the thread tho I came expecting to be pissed off but left with a smile

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Mr. Smoochy!

From humble beginnings to such nobility, it's so nice to see him

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures, StealthyKa

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

top topics

join