It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami warning issued after strong quake in Pacific Ocean

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Tsunami warning issued after strong quake in Pacific Ocean

news.blogs.cnn.com

A 7.6-magnitude earthquake struck in the Pacific Ocean's Vanuatu Islands region early Sunday, prompting a tsunami warning for the area, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

The quake struck 135 kilometers (85 miles) west of the island of Tanna, Vanuatu and 1,740 kilometers (about 1,100 miles) off Australia's eastern coast just after midnight local time (8:16 a.m. ET).

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center issued a regional warning for a part of the Pacific, including Vanuatu, New Caledonia and Fiji.

"An earthquake of this size has the potential to generate a destructive tsunami th
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.sify.com

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I think the Tsunami warning may be getting lifted soon.

There have been a lot of large earthquakes in the past two weeks.

Really feels like there has been a rise in earthquake activity recently although the USGS stats says otherwise.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

In saying that, there have been a lot of earthquakes happening in New Zealand that haven't been showing up on their maps when they happen.

We had two this week in the 4/5 range and its not shown on the Earthquake maps?

earthquake.usgs.gov...

They usually are...

news.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Some blame the eclipse of the moon for the change in gravitational forces affecting earth....This is usually when we get a few of them...
The goverments media is not to be trusted in my opine...if there were anyhting serious going on they wouldnt say jack sh&t till it was too late anyways.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I too wonder about the connection with the moon. Hope everyone is alright and the tsunami is lifted.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
tsunami warning and watch have been canceled.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Im probably alone in this but...

I HATE these earthquake/tsunami threads that end up being canned.

If only people would not tack on to them after the fact - I mean this.

PosterA - Tsunami Alert.
PosterX - It will fizzle
PosterY - Nah, I read that too! Bad times.
PosterA - Oh it fizzled. NM

PosterB - Tsunami Alert.
PosterX - It will fizzle.
PosterY - ZOMG - 10 billion people died, this is BAD!!!
PosterB - CRIKEY!

They're all under the "Alert" thing..

Wish there was a way to ignore the alerts, and just get the fruit of a situation.

Fizzle or CRIKEY!

Eh, Im just ranting, christmas was yesterday for me, so Im in a boxing mood...

Oo

Why I oughta... *Shakes fist at monitor, throws an empty box at it*

edit on 25/12/2010 by badw0lf because: moot inuendo conundrum - this edit reason is undefined. Alert a Sysop.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I hope there ia a major tsunami here in new jersey.I live about 20 miles from the beach,and a major tsunami might give me beachfront property.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Bah Humbug

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
We just had an earthquake in NZ about an hour ago in Christchurch. 4.9 but its not shown on the earthquake map.

There is another 4.9 quake that is shown on the earthquake map at the top of NZ but this happened long before.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
they issued a tsunami warming for sydney coast line and further down east about 4-5 months ago now but again nothing happened no warnings and off memory skynews didnt have anything on it either. It was later cancelled. Curious to know how these are generated, if it earthquakes fair enough but if a warning is issued then nothing is done and no one knows then what if the tsunami hit no one would be prepared?
Kinda worrying if you think about it!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
We have been having increased activity all over the world for the past couple of months.
aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I too feel there's a rise in Earthquakes. I started to monitor them on the USGS website, but stopped because I saw it was corrupted and falsifying data. I don't have concrete proof, but I can remember seeing some quakes that were later deleted from the database, or quakes (particularly in the Gulf of Aden) that were simply not listed. Who can you trust, really?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Now, now be careful what you wish for. I think I heard a blizzard is heading your way - ah the beautiful white snow!

new topics

top topics

join