It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smartphone conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
First of all i want to start this thread with a question:

Did the commercials for smart phones increase in number in your country?
(in my country the commercials increased 4-5 times)

So here is the conspiracy:

Smartphones have built in spying systems that allow governments or companies to spy on the users and they just want everyone to use these types of phones instead of the normal call and talk phones, this is why they will do everything to get everyone to have one.

So what do you think?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR

Smartphones have built in spying systems that allow governments or companies to spy on the users and they just want everyone to use these types of phones instead of the normal call and talk phones, this is why they will do everything to get everyone to have one.

What proof do you have for this?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria have increased the use of smartphones and the propaganda that is put out to make you buy one is unbelievable.

And about the spying systems i do not have any proff, thats why its called a conspiracy theory. If i decide to get one i will take it apart and tell you what i find.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I read a few years ago that Government agencies (FBI, CIA) could use your phone as a listening device by accessing it remotely. They supposedly caught some "terrorists" that way.

news.cnet.com...

If that's true, then I don't see why they couldn't also use the camera on the phone as their eyes.

They can also triangulate your position using cell towers.

The only way around it is to remove your battery when your not using the phone.

edit on 25-12-2010 by mwood because: added content

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

Every phone has has two batteries, one that you can remove and one on the circuit board that is kind of hard to take out without damaging something.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
funny about that is...people love to show off....they dont realize they got scanned 24/7

they post where they are..what they buy..etc on facebook all day...

now you also can pay with your smartphone...so..i think its spying on us but the problem is..

the younger generation dont care and just like the tech stuff...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Most people who buy a smart phone are perfectly aware of the capabilities so saying that they are being sold to spy on people, well, its just paranoia.

We're not all ludites. I sit here making this reply via my X10i Android smartphone. I also use the gps for satnav, watch movies on it, play games on it, set reminders on its calander listen to music on it, so on and so forth. It combines several different devices in one compact unit. They are popular because they do most things most people want them to do, including calls and texts.

Can they be used for spying? Sure they can. My girlfriend can see where I am anytime via gps and Latitude. Do I care? No and neither do most people.
edit on 25-12-2010 by quackers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
First of all i want to start this thread with a question:

Did the commercials for smart phones increase in number in your country?
(in my country the commercials increased 4-5 times)

So here is the conspiracy:

So what do you think?

Well, seeing as our gov't knowingly 'spied' on us through landlines for decades...
I think that saying they want everyone to use one is slightly too 'theorist'.

Smartphones have tracking and tracing capabilities because of GPS.
Now what they do with that technology is confidential.

A good friend once told me, "If you're not doing anything illegal, then why worry about it?"

You know what?
He is absolutely right.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Actually every phone can be tracked by the cell it is in but these ones give them a whole new platform. We might never know what they are trully about.

EDIT:
@havok well i do have things to be affraid of because i'm an activist and i'm an affiliate to a right extremist group so ...
edit on 25-12-2010 by AlexIR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I see these replies all the time! If your not doing anything illegal why worry about it? Really? Where do you draw the line? At what point does losing your rights and more importantly your right to privacy affect you in a way that makes you stop and say wait a minute this the good ole USA! What is happening here? It's OK for them to spy on you, track you wherever you go, listen to your most private conversations because you aren't doing anything wrong? You are really ok with this sort of intrusion? It's this attitude that will lead us step by step to being the country that we supposedly stand against and have wars with all in the name of freedom. Freedom! Soon that will be a word spoken of in the past tense, if it shouldn't be already!
edit on 25-12-2010 by keenmachine because: spelling

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Nobody is forced to own a mobile, employment requirements aside. Its a rather poor way to spy on folk when they have an option. What is more worrying is the mindset that otherwise average and boring individuals have such interesting lives that they feel their government would be spying on them. Delusions of self importance really.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
There is definetly a huge effort to commercialize smartphones, and huge funds for it...at least in Romania.

But i wouldn't be woried about being spied.

I WOULD be more woried about our computers...there might be hardware backdoors to every computer.
Or every Operating System.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
i think you may be on to something I had the blackberry storm 2 and every time I would go to post something either here or on facebook it would access the camera weird huh along with some other weird things . like if I saw a orb or ufo whatever the phone would immediatley restart now I have the NOKIA N8 and the battery cannot be removed so I thinl the op is on to something I no longer post on ats mobily

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
A little background setting first...In the 1980's the Government had a secret project where 2 brands of ceiling fans had listening devices in them. The program lasted for almost 10 years and of course there isn't proof that the program ended, but, as far as smart phones go...

Of course they can listen to you AND if you have a video phone they can watch you. You can download software on the Internet that allows you to do all of this. The BEST thing is, that when you take a photo or record a video the phone light goes on, these programs make it so those lights don't go on, so you'll never know when you're being monitored. They, and you, can do this to anyone. You can listen live to anyone, tap into their video phone and watch them live, you can have their calls and texts forwarded to you and the person will NEVER know. You can also do this to anyone who has a webcam hooked up to their computer.

So yeah, it can be done. Be careful so anyone can't download these very tiny programs on your laptop, phone, or computer because you'll never know you have them.

He sees you when you're sleeping. He knows when you're awake. He knows if you've been bad or good....lol...everyone I want you to meet my Big Brother, Santa, or Satan Claus.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

So they are watching me via my rear facing camera? Or are they just watching everone around me? I bet the inside of my pocket makes for interesting viewing. Just as there may be covert apps available in the wild there are also power monitoring apps that show exactly what is using battery power (camera, display, wifi, ect) as well as network monitoring apps to see which government agency your sending all those packets to.

Say, when all this spying is going on is it coming off my monthly data plan or what.

edit on 25-12-2010 by quackers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by quackers

You really think that they are that stupid as to let some apps light them up like a christmas tree and say hey i'm spying you hehehe and you can't do anything about it !! ...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Look. I have some "friends," let us say. I have been told that "They" can listen to you anytime they wish to. Watch the film "Enemy of the State" with will smith and then multiply the NSA technology you see by 1000. They have infa-red satellites that can read a postage stamp laying in your yard at night in a rainstorm. They can see through your roof and see your heat signature, also the sig of your weapons and your stash. Cars can be lo-jacked from a remote site, and DNA is being gathered. When you have a blood test they always take two vials. One goes to another place.

www.nsa.gov...

www.eff.org...

EXCLUSIVE: National Security Agency Whistleblower Warns Domestic Spying Program Is Sign the U.S. is Decaying Into a "Police State"

The National Security Agency's Domestic Spying Program: Framing the Debate (PDF File)

CIA Report Confirms NSA Psychic Spy Program

See? It's much worse than you thought. Sleep well tonight.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
No idea.. Am far from any cities and no television. Will have to remember to look next time make the trip downriver ..

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

The commercial should have been: Does your phone tell you what to do, what to eat, what to listen to and where to go?
If not then you hsould get a droid.

Droid - The best master for all the phone slaves.

Nice stickers on your bike btw

edit on 26-12-2010 by AlexIR because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join