It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think DHS Is backing Off Scanners? Think Again!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think when we get a paradigm shift will these type of dirty tactics stop.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I wonder if Muslims are still jealous of your Freedom and Democracy now.

Just wonder how this pan out in a Natural Disaster, everyone queing up to get to safty, Ding...Ding...Ding
It sounds more like the US is preparing for a Civil War, rather than preventing terrorism.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Unlike an airplane that requires a contract of passage and a motor vehicle that requires a license which gives law enforcement and their henchmen power to then regulate the users and operators of, my bicycle operates on human power and is not regulated by codes, licenses or contracts and thus deprives them of probable cause to interfere or impede my egress and regress from point to point.

Actually in some cities you are required to register your bicycle. It costs only about $10-$15.00. I know that in my town we used to be required to do it (it was repealed by the county a few years back).

It’s pretty simple feed a fever, starve a cold. The people are feeding this security fever, and the only way we are going to stop our cold hearted government from dehumanizing us and minimizing us further is starving it through opting out.

One way or another your lifestyle and life is changing, you can let them dictate the sacrifices and rules, or you can control that change yourself by devising your own strategies to deny them the opportunity.

Don’t feed the beast!

It would take all of us to "starve" them. If a few thousand people decide to live the way you've chosen to live, nothing will change. They'll keep doing whatever they want, and pretty soon your little town will be in the middle of it all just like every other town and city. Action needs to be taken. I don't know what that action should be, but to simply adjust to the times and live with it, that's not a way to go. I could list a hundred consequences here, but it would take up too much space.

People still need to fly and drive around. To try to rearrange our lives in order to eliminate those needs is ridiculous. We have certain rights in this country, and that includes traveling. I'm not about to give it up because someone is trying to scare me into doing so. Instead I think we as a country should get together and throw out every single person out of our Government who continues to pose a threat to the citizens. I'm sick and tired of these bozos who keep tightening their grasp on our lives. My family came to this country to feel free from Government oppression, damn it,.... not to end up in the same situation we ran away from. Americans have never experienced Government oppression the way some immigrants have. You guys have to wake up and realize that laying down or rearranging your lives to cope with the situation isn't going to solve the problem. They'll keep doing anything they want if you let them.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

It sounds more like the US is preparing for a Civil War, rather than preventing terrorism.

I could not agree with you more.

What I see happening is preparation for what they know is comming. What we saw in WWII was an attempt that failed. Because it failed I believe it is now viewed as a trial run, a real world experiment that provided invalueable data.

The problem for them last time was that they were in a hurry.

This time they are more patient.

All the I's will be dotted and T's crossed. Everything that can be forseen will be planned for with brute force covering the rest.

All the these measures that we are complaining about are designed for us to complain about. Those who see the problem are seperated from the rest who are too blinded by the farce that they call a life to pay attention.

Pressure is applied deliberately to force some to crack so the rest can be whipped into compliance by watching how the few examples are treated.

It is a sick yet brilliant plan.

We are fast approaching a time when there will be violence, not just a single overwhelming push but wave after wave of it. It is going to take years and the final numbers will be horrific, but in the end there will be a new system; not just because of the revolution, but because everyone associated with the old way is 'gone'.

We are still a serf society folks. It has never been any other way in our history. The means change and people think that they have made progress but it is not so. All that has ever been accomplished is the swapping of one set of chains for another.

In todays world it is debt that is used to enslave us through the instant gratification of our desires.

There are two relevant quotes here...

"Religion keeps the poor from killing the rich"

Well, religion is dying, even the churches admit to this.

"Man will never be free until the last king is hung with the entrails of the last priest".

Our society is being deliberately stagnated. There are groups who have for centuries profitted from the current model and who will do anything to keep the status quo.

Revolution is perhaps too tame a word.

Purge maybe more accurate.
edit on 26-12-2010 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Where the hell did everyone get X-RAY car scanners from?

Are you pulling this all from you ass or something????

You guy's are getting dumber and dumber by the minute.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gabrielle.Black

You should probably stop posting as of today and unplug.

There is plenty of information out there on the different types of 'drive-by scanners' if DimensionalDetective's link wasn't sufficient.

This is a mobile version.

www.forbes.com...
edit on 26-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

furthest thing from safe and theyre selling safety.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

Thing is, this is closer to becoming a reality than most people think.

Once the US loses the Worlds Reserve Currency status, it's game over. The US will have to Imports goods in another Currency. Imagine having to pay 5-6 dollars a Gallon for Petrol, as other countries are right now At the moment some countries will not even accept US Dollars, and there has been a lot of talk over the past 12 months to have a Global Reserve Currency. The US is so far in Debt it is unbelievable. I still can't see how a Government is so far in Debt, yet it can still give away Billions to Israel. I might be bit straped for cash right now and can't afford to repay my loans, but sure I'll lend you some money, I'll just go down to Fed Reserve and have them print you off a fresh batch.
And pretty soon the Australian Dollar will be worth more than US Dollar. One Aussie Dollar = 98 US Cents right now. Once people start having to fight for a Job or buy a loaf of Bread, there will be riots, anarchy. I don't even think the US is going to meet the Dec 21 2012 deadline.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Actually in some cities you are required to register your bicycle. It costs only about $10-$15.00. I know that in my town we used to be required to do it (it was repealed by the county a few years back).

Some municpalities do this to generate income and also to register the property in case of theft.

What they can't do is regulate it like a motor vehicle because it uses no horse power. A Drivers License actually identifies you legally by definition as a teamster and a livery person. This is why engines are rated in horsepower, so they can apply the legal definition of Driver to your operation of a car. The License is actually an agreement to break the law, the law is actually one the State is breaking as constitutionally it has no right to regulate or impede your egress and regress.

So you are actually giving the State permission to break the law which is why a License is required.

They are simply using the commerce clause of the Constitution illegally by applying the legal distinction of Driver which thus engages you in a ‘commercial’ process that can be regulated through the Commerce Clause of the Constitution.

Because this License is a contract with the State must State’s add additional clauses to your License which are printed on the receipt they ask you to sign when you issue it, typically these additional agreements attached to your Drivers License are agreement to accept Legal Service of Court Documents at the address registered on your license, agreement that you are a U.S. Citizen (property of the corporate state) and automatic registry into the Voter Rolls and an agreement in some cases to accept Juror Duty if summoned.

This though all starts with the Driver designation which is all based on using a vehicle rated with horse power thus making you a teamster as defined legally by law.

So not having a Drivers License and not operating a horse powered conveyance actually allows you to legally skirt all those things.

There are some simple Code Violations (unconstitutional) that some municipalities enact when it comes to bicycles but are all actually things you likely would voluntarily wish to do if you right your bicycle frequently. You must have an audible device in the form of a bell or a horn, and you must have lights in the front and rear if you ride your bike at night. Failure to have these things could result in a code violation, though once you learn how to argue Code Violations in court; they are meaningless and not enforceable without your own consent.

What they can not do is tax your bicycle, because it is not engaged in a commercial process, nor can they make you insure your bicycle (Insurance on cars is because actually the state owns the car and simply grants you Title to operate it) so the State has no property at risk with a bicycle, and of course it requires no gasoline, and no parking fees, nor is it subject to tolls (at least where I live) when using a toll bridge or a road.

It would take all of us to "starve" them. If a few thousand people decide to live the way you've chosen to live, nothing will change.

Actually a lot has changed for me, I am healthier and I am richer. I am healthier because I get lots of fresh air and exercise on my bike. I am richer because I pay no gas, insurance, tolls or parking to operate it.

Change has to begin with you, the individual, it doesn’t matter how the next guy or gal lives their lives or justifies it or how happy they are or aren’t with it, what matters is how you live your own.

I sleep pretty easily at night knowing there are a lot of things I am not being tricked into supporting. I have taken on the IRS and my money is not paying foreign debt, or for bombs that kill people. I am not supporting the oil companies that wreck environments like the Gulf of Mexico and Nigeria. I do everything I can to buy American and buy local, and support my local community.

No it’s not going to change your world, but it’s changed my world, and it’s made the world a little better in my local community as I try to contribute to it in responsible ways.

Now no, not too many people are going to join me, and that’s ok, it’s there life, all I can do is try to lead mine the best I can and be an example to others to the extent that others find something worth emulating or admiring from it.

There is no instant gratification out of a mess that has been millennia in the making, there are only conscience choices each one of us has to make as to whether we want to keep adding to that mess, try to minimize adding to it, or do our level best to not add to it at all, and reverse it when and where we can.

See what they want you to believe, what they need you to believe, what they teach you to believe is that one person can’t make a difference.

One person can, and the difference that you are really going to make is for one very important person, you!

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Some municpalities do this to generate income and also to register the property in case of theft.

What they can't do is regulate it like a motor vehicle because it uses no horse power. A Drivers License actually identifies you legally by definition as a teamster and a livery person. This is why engines are rated in horsepower, so they can apply the legal definition of Driver to your operation of a car. The License is actually an agreement to break the law, the law is actually one the State is breaking as constitutionally it has no right to regulate or impede your egress and regress.

Very informative.

It would take all of us to "starve" them. If a few thousand people decide to live the way you've chosen to live, nothing will change.

Actually a lot has changed for me, I am healthier and I am richer. I am healthier because I get lots of fresh air and exercise on my bike. I am richer because I pay no gas, insurance, tolls or parking to operate it.

Not yet.

Change has to begin with you, the individual, it doesn’t matter how the next guy or gal lives their lives or justifies it or how happy they are or aren’t with it, what matters is how you live your own.

I sleep pretty easily at night knowing there are a lot of things I am not being tricked into supporting. I have taken on the IRS and my money is not paying foreign debt, or for bombs that kill people. I am not supporting the oil companies that wreck environments like the Gulf of Mexico and Nigeria. I do everything I can to buy American and buy local, and support my local community.

No it’s not going to change your world, but it’s changed my world, and it’s made the world a little better in my local community as I try to contribute to it in responsible ways.

If you live your life the way you live it because you want to be healthier and save some bucks, I completely agree with you. There is nothing wrong with the lifestyle you chose for yourself. My beef isn't with you riding a bicycle or refusing to support the oil industry. I was speaking from the context of sticking it to the man and refusing to use his airports and roadways to try to starve him.

If we all stop using our cars and if we all stop flying, the Government will find new ways to collect revenue. They'll try to make a logical argument for taxing you on your bicycle, or charging you to use the roads in your town. If everyone is using bicycles to get around, they'll argue it's become dangerous to pedestrians or children.That might sound ridiculous, but so do some of the current laws. Maybe we'll need to pay taxes to keep up the bike lanes, or bike "parking" lots. Maybe they'll force people to obtain a license to ride a bicycle for the sake of safety. No matter how we adjust our lives to stay off the grid, once one industry becomes unprofitable, they will develop new ways to get you to buy what they're offering. It's what businesses do, they evolve depending on the situation. For example when everyone started buying books online, book stores were dropping dead all over the place. Some decided to conform and started selling their products online in order to continue functioning. The same will happen with any industry.

You may not be paying for gas now and you may not need to travel, but be sure that if most of the population adopts your way of living, the Government will find it's way into our lives in no time. Lawyers have been arguing their way around the constitution for decades. They'll find ways to justify the ridiculous, and they'll find media outlets to justify it to the people. You'd be amazed what they can do when they put their minds to it. You want to grow your own food? Aww,... that's too bad, because it's not safe to eat your own food. You have to buy it from them. You want to use the roads in your town to ride your bike? You'll have to pay for it. Were you riding on the wrong side of the road? That'll cost you. I'm sure you catch my drift.

This is why it's not always enough to change one's lifestyle to change the world. One must rid himself of the disease instead of trying to learn to live with it. When your arm is infected and it threatens to poison the rest of your body, you must cut it off no matter how painful the idea of losing an arm might be. Just a thought.
edit on 27-12-2010 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

SOMETIMES...........

One must make a stand.

I see both sides of it, but you MUST make a stand. Otherwise you facilitate the very thing you abhor.

Good works. By the way-

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

SOMETIMES...........

One must make a stand.

I see both sides of it, but you MUST make a stand. Otherwise you facilitate the very thing you abhor.

Good works. By the way-

Exactly.

We may allow terrible things to happen when we don't make a stand.
edit on 27-12-2010 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Have you seen the latest brought to you by DHS?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join