It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle says no to Israeli war crimes advertisement.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

edit on 26-12-2010 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by maybee

making personal attacks (and he does do that sometimes

Yes he does do it! that is what he is trying to do here, fishing for a reaction! Glad someone sees that too!

lol, no I'm fishing for proof...
Trip is over with nothing to take home though..
Just a few undersized which by law I must throw back..

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hahaha

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by Hahaha
reply to post by phatpackage

There's no use in trying to argue with these pro terror anti-semites, they will never back down and only have personal insults as a weapon. Just so you know, there are many thousands of people on ATS (myself included) who agree with what you are saying.

What's that? That personal opinions are now considered proof?
I think you should read the posts before posting..
That's the only point I am arguing..

I think you should go back to the first page and see that I was actually one of the first people to post on this topic. Or is the process of going back to the first page too complicated for you?

Also on the first page is proof you are nothing other than a racist, who displays a clear level of bias in relation to this topic and is unable to discuss it even remotely objectively.

Nice job on describing anyone who doesn't support Israel as an anti-semite, might want to look up the definition of that in the dictionary-
edit on 26-12-2010 by alien because: ...needless personal comment removed...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

He calls Muslims "ragheads", he then goes on to say he despises all Arabs- How is that not racist?
I have never once, while I was here, said anything even remotely this racist or ignorant.

How is anything I said in any way offensive?! On the last page he spammed the same reply 3 times, he displays extreme levels of ignorance, flames other users and has done in several seperate threads. All I want is a relatively objective, sensible discussion- slightly niave, perhaps. Actually, this is genuinely the first time I've called anyone a troll on any board, I hate the word, it's just so apparent in this case.

It's not like this thread is absolutely outrageous. So, tax payers don't want $3 billion a year of their money to go to another country whose actions, at best, are morally gray. Seems a fair enough cause to me, especially in a land where free speech is supposedly the norm.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Freedom of speech? Religion of peace? Yeah right.

Put a caricature of Muhammad on Seattle buses. I dare you!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
MOD REQUEST

Hi People,

Enough of the back'n'forth personal attacks.

Enough of the Off-Topic.

Attack the post, not the posters.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Funny how all of these "foreign interest" groups are only concerned with themselves when it comes to themselves. You dont see any of these people who cry about all this foreign crap crying about domestic issues in the USA. The USA is failing economically and yet no one is making a big stick about it. I say kick them all out, since they only want to use US to further their agenda, while we at home, USA, get the short end of the stick. Im fed up with these non-Americans always having a voice louder than true American citizens; its pathetic.

Why should we be worried about other people's freedoms, when at home ours are being taken away everyday? Kick them out, shorten their visas whatever it takes to rid the American people of this scourge known as "opportunists". We dont need these scum from overseas, we need to unite and force our government to take care of us. You never hear about these "foreigners" helping us, only taking from us and getting us into wars.

Free America!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational
Freedom of speech? Religion of peace? Yeah right.

Put a caricature of Muhammad on Seattle buses. I dare you!

Not quite the same thing..

But I do think things like this should be on MSM, not on posters in a bus..
It opens the door for the wealthy to show their biased view through advertising..
Which is what they already do.But at least they haven't posted things like a homemade IED or a suicide bomber yet..

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Imagine if the proposed ad would have said something about Bush administration war crimes.

It is a weird thing to expose the dirty side of the powers that be. They already use the mainstream media as propaganda. Ever wonder why Al Jazeera or Russian Times features things you never hear about on an American media outlet?

In reality, there is rarely good vs evil, neither Israel nor Palestine is evil - and neither are good. They both are comprised of individuals with conflicting desires, which causes dissonance and as we've seen, war. Both sides should be exposed for their wicked deeds if they exist.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
all islamics are terrorists, all the irish catholics are aswell but they like to kiddy fiddle in their spare time as they are catholic, all americans are fat and stupid apart from in hollywood where they are all anorexic and even more stupid,every african has aids, every thai girl is really a boy, all the english have bad teeth and every welsh person has a sister who is their mother.

i know this to be true as i am english and have bad teeth so every steriotype that is created by the media must therefore be true and any thing that questions this must be stopped.
edit on 26-12-2010 by lewman because: typo

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

OK, so Ive noticed the attitude in the first part of your thread, and for the most part I find it to be fair. You went and said this:

Thank you for your input so far everyone. The point of this thread was to spread the news that the King County officials decided not to allow the Israeli war crimes sign on Metro buses. It seems that it has become a religious discussion now. Israel is a country, not a religion so I am not speaking against Jews. Gaza is a country/state, I am not speaking about Islam. We can turn this into race and religion but the fact is that Israeli war crimes keep happening and go unpunished and when North Americans try to expose these crimes we get silenced by our elected officials. I am sure there are plenty of good people of all races and religion on this planet so let us please try to not label a whole group of people due to a few fanatics within that group.

all which is correct. Israel is not a religion or a race. Surely there will always be the Israeli apologists and the muslim apologists. I see you are leaning toward a defensive stance toward the Islamic faith, in hoping to keep from generalizing an entire religion. That is ok. I can understand that stance. I think we should all refrain from generalizing an entire group of people. It is not right for an entire billion person faith to take the brunt of criticism for the few that act out of ignorance. But I do feel, there is some hitch that leads muslims in some parts of the world to fall down a disgusting path. I also like to state its the right and responsibility of the Israeli government to protect its people regardless of whether or not the state of Israel was formed through corruption and exploitation. I agree, the current state of Israel was not created in a way that allowed for peaceful assimilation of the millions of Jews that poured into that land, and it would certainly seem there has been atrocities committed by the government. But heres where you go astray, in my opinion.

Hey, sorry to pee on your parade, for educational purposes the whole Muslim world is much larger than the state of Nebraska. Have you ever looked at a map? Guessing by your post, I am guessing the whole concept of maps may be beyond your comprehension

My man clameater (:lol
here has it right. As per your words. Your thread is not about a religion or a race. It is about a very small area (that has been made to be much larger than it really is by the media) in a very large world. Im not saying that means the ad should have been dis-allowed to go on the bus. If someone payed for it, then it should have gone up. End of story. But if this thread is not about the entire muslim faith then clameaters comment hit the nail on the head.

I may not go as far as saying they should just kill each other off, but Im taking that in jest and understanding his point. We, here, in America have plenty of our own problems. Im not saying we can not discuss other issues around the world. Certainly we should, and have opinions about them. And clameaters opinion is just as valid. I see no reason to go off on the attack you did because you didn't like his premise. His comment was a valid one, and more on topic than your reply.

It leads me to believe your agenda is one that is straying into a dangerous bias territory. Not good. For people like myself trying to sustain a balanced view of the topic and the people engaging in the thread this particular statement leads me to believe theres some two fold agenda in your OP.
edit on 26-12-2010 by open_eyeballs because: fix quotes

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
No worries. The truth about Zionist terrorism
has really gotten out there over the last few years.

The more the media tries to hide it--the more people
are intrigued to find out more: the Lavon Affair, The King
David Hotel, the USS Liberty, 7/7 and of course Israel's
greatest terrorist achievement to date: 9/11.

There was even the attempted terrorist attack on the Mexican Congressional
building in October 2001, all explained here: whatreallyhappened.com...

Americans are learning the truth. Sure there's a lot of denial still, but people are breaking through that more and more. Realistically waking up everyone will be impossible--but waking up enough people to hit a TIPPING POINT is become easier all the time. We've already started to see this happen in South American countries very recently, regarding the very big picture.

Below:

The identities of the Dancing Israelis on 9/11 with their pictures are known.
See top right here and the third row left side here. (you may remember a few reports on 9/11 about middle eastern men in a number of vans being pulled over--one said to be full of explosives--then the story was dropped and a lot of backtracking was down. Another van actually appears to have exploded and the men were rounded up. That last incident one was never published in the news but was pulled from scanner recordings that day. Well these terrorists were rounded up--big surprise--none of them were Muslims---big surprise---Mossad agents. Another big surprise--of course they were all released without being charged--big surprise---just like the Israeli terrorists in Mexico.

PICTURES OF DANCING ISRAELIS HERE:

www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&prmd=ivnso&source=lnms&tbs=isch:1&ei=e1YXTdP 4GcGclgf497SyDA&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AU&biw=1264&bih=804

(Brothers Sivan and Paul Kurzberg and also Yaron Shmuel, Oded Ellner, and Omer Marmari)

There's even a report that Dominick Suter, the owner of the MOSSAD moving company, not the actual name of the company--lol--but sufficient for our purposes--has returned to the states and is back in business.

Zionists can deny 9/11 as much as they like. It's not important what they think. The overwhelming evidence proves that Israel did 9/11 This evidence goes beyond what is considered 'without a reasonable doubt.'

We know there won't be a court trial in the U.S. There won't be another official investigation---because the purpose of the first investigation was to cover up Israel's part.

It's just a matter of waking up enough people--and that's happening more and more all the time.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I can see problems with putting such ads on buses, so I sympathise with the bus company here.

They would be better staying away from controversial issues.

Bus adverts are good for selling cars, or choclates or mobile phones.

Remember the trouble United Colours of Benetton found themseslves in when their advertising strayed into controversial waters ?

edit on 26-12-2010 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join