It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle says no to Israeli war crimes advertisement.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
...my first impulse is to say that if king county lets one group publicize their opinions, they have to let everyone... thats the only way to be fair... everyone gets to or no one does...

...but then i wonder how they accept / deny companies that use the side of buses for advertising... i doubt thats a "everyone gets to or no one does" kind of thing... i suspect its a "who is willing to pay the most" kind of thing...

...so that makes me wonder how much money the adl secreted to king county officials...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Your welcome Corruption. I think this issue goes beyond Isreal/Palestine. This is one more indication of a creeping fascist state where freedom of speech only exists when it has the apporval of instiutionalized power structures. The right to free expression is nearing the end in this country. When any organization intimidates and coerces the free flowing of ideas we should be outraged. The fact that it is a propaghanda wing of a foreign power should be a doubly disconcerting. I hope they do take it to court. Sadly, I fear our judicial system has long since turned from justice, and been merely involved in reinforcing powerful interests.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

The same thing happens here in Canada every day. When the most recent conflict in Gaza happened, our government took it upon themselves to make a statement supporting Israeli actions. Our prime minister Stephen Harper made another statement recently on how he will defend Israel at all costs. Our news is censored and only certain groups are allowed to express their points.

This group in Seattle got further than any Canadian group with the same intentions would ever be allowed to get. It shames me to know that my once great nation is nothing that it is really portrayed as. The majority of citizens do not have a true voice, our elected officials speak for us on their own agenda with disregard of the greater well being of our nation and many others, only a select few individuals are taken into account when decisions are made.
edit on 25-12-2010 by Corruption Exposed because: spelling

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

which is in the boat the people of Gaza are in.

lol lol lol you make them out to be so sweet & innocent. They are the terrorists causing problems & provoking the rightful land owners, the Israeli's. That is the reason why the advertising has been banned in Seattle, because it is wrong & show the innocent Israeli's in a bad light which they do not deserve to be in! I applaud this very right decision by Seattle Authorities. Shows someone is thinking properly!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Perhaps you should look into the Goldstone report

Perhaps you should look into the errors & flaws in the Goldstone Report! Here is one link to get you started! I can't hold your hand all the time! Plenty more if you wish to google

frontpagemag.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
the israeli response in gaza would be like me throwing a snowball at your house and missing by 3 blocks and you responding by leveling 15 houses to rubble killing over 15 families to try to get at me.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

our government took it upon themselves to make a statement supporting Israeli actions. Our prime minister Stephen Harper made another statement recently on how he will defend Israel at all costs.

And you wonder why? If you actually take the time to research properly you will see why! That is because the Israeli's are 100% right. It is the Iranian/Hamas backed Palestinian terrorists who are wrong!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

The Seattle Authorities are correct in doing this because Israel are the victims not the Palestinians!

You are big on asking for proof..
Show me proof that that was the reason the adds were pulled..
Put up or shut up....

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by phatpackage

The Seattle Authorities are correct in doing this because Israel are the victims not the Palestinians!

You are big on asking for proof..
Show me proof that that was the reason the adds were pulled..
Put up or shut up....

There is nothing to prove it is as plain as the nose on your face! It is bleedingly obvious the right decision was made based on the fact of the Israeli's are innocent in the conflict! so yes I have put up! And you can say what you want!

My my, you do spit the dummy really easy lol lol! Show me some more of that anger!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by backinblack

Or will you troll some more?

Someone else who plays the fake "Troll card" Someone disagrees with you so they must be a troll. It's all over ATS & it is laughable! I have given you all the proof for this that is needed. If you don't like well ......You want to keep replying to my posts will I will return the favour!
edit on 26-12-2010 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

Mate, you have given ZERO proof..
You have expressed an opinion, that's it.!!
Proof or stop saying it..
My next post will show a few of your demands for proof and what proof is deemed worthy by yourself..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join